TGDT 1/28 Blackhawks (32-10-12) @ Flames (18-27-7) 8:30PM CSN

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Olympic break can't come soon enough so this team can take a step back and reflect on how shit they have played this month and the players going to Sochi can get it out of their system and re-focus on the season at hand.

Have they won a single game in OT yet?

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. They have not.  They spend too much time turning the puck over in their own zone instead of getting to the other end of the ice.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
didnt like how that game started and i hated that overtime. everything else between was pretty entertaining hockey. game really changed when both teams switched their goalies. didnt like that early whistle on the hawks goal but its not worth dwelling on because the hawks came back regardless. raanta has rebound control issues and its too bad hes not able to work on that on the farm instead of wasting time sitting on the bench here. thats debateable and i know that many dont share the same opinion. and no i do not dislike raanta i see a great future for him.</p>

</p>

pirri was okay for his first game back. not great..not bad. certainly was more speed and room for kane on that second line with pirri on it though. versteeg? errrrrr probably belongs on the third with saad on the second. again its debateable.</p>

</p>

oduya needs help. hes having a horrible season for what ever reasons. i know he picked up a point tonight but the turnovers and poor positioning is magnified this season. still like oduya but hes having a rough go this season.</p>

</p>

was strange seeing pirri, toews and hossa leave the game at different times. each time that happened the hawks had really bad shifts until their returns. team looked thrown off each time. i didnt like that. there were also some really bad line changes in that game. </p>

</p>

really not happy with the single point this time around. usually im more than fine with it. not sure why it angers me so much this time.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="220319" data-time="1390977662">
<div>

didnt like how that game started and i hated that overtime. everything else between was pretty entertaining hockey. game really changed when both teams switched their goalies. didnt like that early whistle on the hawks goal but its not worth dwelling on because the hawks came back regardless. raanta has rebound control issues and its too bad hes not able to work on that on the farm instead of wasting time sitting on the bench here. thats debateable and i know that many dont share the same opinion. and no i do not dislike raanta i see a great future for him.</p>

</p>

pirri was okay for his first game back. not great..not bad. certainly was more speed and room for kane on that second line with pirri on it though. versteeg? errrrrr probably belongs on the third with saad on the second. again its debateable.</p>

</p>

oduya needs help. hes having a horrible season for what ever reasons. i know he picked up a point tonight but the turnovers and poor positioning is magnified this season. still like oduya but hes having a rough go this season.</p>

</p>

was strange seeing pirri, toews and hossa leave the game at different times. each time that happened the hawks had really bad shifts until their returns. team looked thrown off each time. i didnt like that. there were also some really bad line changes in that game. </p>

</p>

really not happy with the single point this time around. usually im more than fine with it. not sure why it angers me so much this time.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If it weren't a back to back I would say a bag skate is in order because the team is not playing to its fullest. If we play too cute and only 40 minutes tonight we will not be off to a good start on the road trip. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I didn't see the game... looks like I didn't miss much. how did Pirri and Bick do?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="220321" data-time="1391005589">
<div>

If it weren't a back to back I would say a bag skate is in order because the team is not playing to its fullest. If we play too cute and only 40 minutes tonight we will not be off to a good start on the road trip. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

the skid could certainly be much worse though. touch wood because this road trip is always shitty and im sure we havent seen the worst of the hawks yet. there is something missing right now though and its hard to pin point. certainly need to get back to some basics but this crew has never really been basic to begin with. they take a lot of high risks and always have. the outlet pass and the stretch passing has been pretty poor latelty causing far too many turn overs. i dont know what they do about that because i believe the stretch pass is still a huge part of this teams game. one thing i have noticed this season is we arent seeing many rushes by leddy. i dont know if q has asked him to take that down or what obviously im not blaming leddy for this skid but i miss those rushes.</p>

</p>

there are a few things that concern me but the character of this team should be able to overcome any skids. january has never really been good to this team in my opinion but i could also be talking out of my ass because i dont have the stats to back that theory up.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="220315" data-time="1390972560">
<div>

Overtime is not our friend at all. Holy crap</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

5-13 in OT/SO games.  Regardless of how one feels about the skills competition - 4 on 4 & the SO - we are leaving lots of points on the table.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="220362" data-time="1391027077">
<div>

5-13 in OT/SO games.  Regardless of how one feels about the skills competition - 4 on 4 & the SO - we are leaving lots of points on the table.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

OOOOOOor are we getting 13 freebies... hahaha no. We are leaving a lot of points on the ice in the skills competition. I wish this team had more skills.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
they should do pairs long figureskating routines to determine the winner of tie games. i bet kaner could tripple sow cow unlike all others. give me a bollig kane pairing and no points would ever be left on the ice.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bladesofglorypubq.jpg
</p>