TGJ's Mock Draft 2.0

Liked Posts:
Round 1: William Jackson III, CB, Houston

Some might think this is a reach, but his stock has been building from quite sometime and he could very well be the best CB in this draft. Great height and length for the position with tremendous speed. Fangio and Fox will have a lot of fun with him on the roster. My favorite part about his game is his ballhawking mentality. This team could use an infusion of that.

Round 2: Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas

This class is loaded with DL talent, and Ridgeway is one of my favorites. I thought about Billings and Butler here, but ultimately I think both are gone by 41. Ridgeway is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves. Tremendous athlete that plays with great leverage. He's not an edge player by any means, but he's a talented interior rusher that uses arm extension well to beat single blockers. Pair him Goldman on the inside and I think we have a dynamic duo for years to come.

Round 3: Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Utah State

I've heard him called stiff in coverage, but on tape he looks solid. Prototypical stand-up rush linebacker with great length and size. Another guy the coaching staff would have a lot of fun with. Plays with a great motor and also has the athleticism desired at the position. Has the production to back up the traits as well. Very versatile. (2015 season included 15 tackles for loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles, five recovered).

Round 4: Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford

Athletic tight end with upside. Struggles with consistency in the passing game, but is dynamic with the ball in his hands. He's not the biggest of TEs, but he does show promise as a blocker mainly because he isn't afraid of contact.

Round 4: CJ Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

Could very easily go before the 4th round, but he would be an awesome addition to the club. Has size, speed, shiftiness, and hands. All the makings of a solid 3-down RB. I think he is a top 5 RB in this class. His biggest weakness right now is experience with only 1 season under his belt. I don't think it's a reach to say he would be the most talented RB on the roster if selected and would fight for playing time.

Round 5: KJ Dillon, FS/SS, West Virginia

Can Pace snag another starting safety in round 5? I think he can. Dillon, much like his teammate Karl Joseph is not afraid to help out in the run game and can be a violent tackler. Dillon and Amos can potentially be a solid duo.

Round 6: Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford

Solid college player that can play both T and G. I see him being a very solid swing lineman at the very least.

Round 6: Dean Lowry, DL, Northwestern

Classic 3-4 DE frame. He has short arms and small hands, but there is no doubting the production. In the 6th round, you could do a lot worse than this guy. His motor cannot be questioned.

Round 7: Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana

Prototypical QB size. Has great feet and advanced feel for the game in my personal opinion. Has touch and arm strength. Sounds like a profile to be drafted much higher doesn't it? He has dealt with a lot of injuries at Indiana and struggles with reads and accuracy at times. Solid backup with good upside.

Ultimately, every time I try to make a mock draft I end up leaving guys off I really like or thought I would put on. I would have liked to get an OT earlier, but this is the way it fell for me. Have it at crazies. I can handle the criticism.

Komodo Dragon

Liked Posts:
I hope we don't take Jackson at 11, maybe trade down about 10-12 spots, No thanks on Ridgeway unless it is the third, The rest looks pretty solid

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Reach

man_helps_boy_reach_for_literacy.png

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Love most of the players other than Procise. A couple reaches early possibly, but if they turn out to be good nobody will care.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
something about Hassan and Texas just don't work for me you can say what you want but its has bad omen all over it.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
TGJ--I quoted NFL.com for the Grades and Bottom Line because I like their analyses.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker

Their grading scale is:

GRADE TITLE
9.00-10 Once-in-lifetime player
8.00-9.00 Perennial All-Pro
7.50-7.99 Future All-Pro
7.00-7.49 Pro Bowl to All-Pro Ability
6.50-6.99 Good NFL Starter with Pro Bowl Potential
6.00-6.49 Chance to become good NFL starter
5.70-5.99 Could become early NFL starter
5.30-5.69 Backup or eventual starter
5.15-5.29 Developmental prospect or special teams potential
5.01-5.14 Back end of the roster
5.00 50/50 Chance of making the roster

Round 1: William Jackson III, CB, Houston

Some might think this is a reach, but his stock has been building from quite sometime and he could very well be the best CB in this draft. Great height and length for the position with tremendous speed. Fangio and Fox will have a lot of fun with him on the roster. My favorite part about his game is his ballhawking mentality. This team could use an infusion of that.

[h=4]GRADE 5.93
BOTTOM LINE[/h] Tall cornerbacks with length who can run and play the football are usually in high demand and that could be the case for Jackson as well. While he has the traits for the position, the league is turning into small and fast or big and strong at the receiver spot and handling those two elements could take a year or two for him to improve in before he becomes a full-*time starter.

IMO he's kind of a tweener in terms of draft position. 11 may be too high but he will probably be gone by pick 20. If the Bears like him enough they should probably take him here.

Round 2: Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas

This class is loaded with DL talent, and Ridgeway is one of my favorites. I thought about Billings and Butler here, but ultimately I think both are gone by 41. Ridgeway is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves. Tremendous athlete that plays with great leverage. He's not an edge player by any means, but he's a talented interior rusher that uses arm extension well to beat single blockers. Pair him Goldman on the inside and I think we have a dynamic duo for years to come.

GRADE: 6.17

[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Ridgeway didn't put together as productive and flashy a junior campaign as he did a sophomore season, but that was due partially to nagging injuries. You can watch snap after snap and clear losses to the blocker are hard to find. Ridgeway has a rare combination of power and athleticism that give him the potential to impact the game on all three downs. His talent could make him the most impactful defensive tackle to come out of this draft, but his floor is lower than some due to concerns over health and conditioning.

I'm not sure I like this one here. He has talent but questions about health are a concern. I also heard he lacks motivation. If this is true I would opt for a (perhaps) less talented guy with a high motor. Also if we are going to draft a guy in the 2nd with health questions I would rather have Jaylon Smith.

Round 3: Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Utah State

I've heard him called stiff in coverage, but on tape he looks solid. Prototypical stand-up rush linebacker with great length and size. Another guy the coaching staff would have a lot of fun with. Plays with a great motor and also has the athleticism desired at the position. Has the production to back up the traits as well. Very versatile. (2015 season included 15 tackles for loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles, five recovered).

GRADE: 5.83
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] When it comes to the length and athleticism teams will look for off the edge, Fackrell will be one of the poster boys. His field versatility, coverage talent and potential as a pass rusher could make him one of the fastest rising prospects in this draft and a future contender for a Pro Bowl nod.

I like this guy but he may not last until this spot.

Round 4: Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford

Athletic tight end with upside. Struggles with consistency in the passing game, but is dynamic with the ball in his hands. He's not the biggest of TEs, but he does show promise as a blocker mainly because he isn't afraid of contact.

GRADE: 5.75
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Will be labeled as a move tight end, but I see him as being more than that for teams looking for a more complete player. Hooper has a frame that should be able to carry another eight to 10 pounds without much trouble, and he shows enough want*-to as a blocker to see him playing in*line when needed. If Hooper can improve his hands and become craftier with his routes, he could become a solid, 10-*year starter in the league.

Not a star but looks to have the potential to be a solid pro.

Round 4: CJ Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

Could very easily go before the 4th round, but he would be an awesome addition to the club. Has size, speed, shiftiness, and hands. All the makings of a solid 3-down RB. I think he is a top 5 RB in this class. His biggest weakness right now is experience with only 1 season under his belt. I don't think it's a reach to say he would be the most talented RB on the roster if selected and would fight for playing time.

GRADE: 5.55
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Ascending running back prospect with the physical build to handle a workload, the athleticism to create for himself and the hands to keep stacking total yardage up. While Prosise has the acceleration and play strength to fit into an NFL offense, he needs to become a shade more decisive and has to improve in protections if he is to become a three-*down option. Prosise looks like an immediate "committee" runner with future starter potential.

Looks to be the kind of RB that Fox & Co. likes. See the "committee" comment above.

Round 5: KJ Dillon, FS/SS, West Virginia

Can Pace snag another starting safety in round 5? I think he can. Dillon, much like his teammate Karl Joseph is not afraid to help out in the run game and can be a violent tackler. Dillon and Amos can potentially be a solid duo.

GRADE: 5.24
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Athletic safety who flashes enough ability high and low to believe that he won’t be pigeon*holed as one type of safety or another. Dillon has the athleticism and ball skills to help in man coverage and enough awareness from the high safety spot to handle his duties. Dillon has allowed entirely too many missed or broken tackles over the last couple of seasons, but that can be improved with more muscle on his frame and a more technique-*driven approach. Intriguing prospect with developmental traits.

I like this guy. His weaknesses are the kind that can be coached out and Fangio would love his position (FS/SS) flexibility. I'm just not sure he drops this far.

Round 6: Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford

Solid college player that can play both T and G. I see him being a very solid swing lineman at the very least.

GRADE: 5.33
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Interesting prospect full of juxtapositions. On one hand, he’s an athletic mover in space, but his foot quickness is just average. While he plays with good bend, leg drive and low pad level as a run blocker, he tends to play too tall and lose his anchor against bull* rushers. Murphy plays with good tackle instincts and shows enough potential to become an eventual starter in the NFL if he can improve his overall strength and tighten up some of his pass protection flaws.

Sounds a little like Grasu in terms of strength. At this point in the draft you are not looking for starters so maybe he can develop as a backup.

Round 6: Dean Lowry, DL, Northwestern

Classic 3-4 DE frame. He has short arms and small hands, but there is no doubting the production. In the 6th round, you could do a lot worse than this guy. His motor cannot be questioned.

GRADE: 5.2
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Try-hard player with good size who is always active. While he won’t be considered a pass rushing threat, Lowry’s production was a function of effort and flashes of power and the aforementioned traits and qualities give him a good shot at being drafted and becoming an NFL backup.

As I said earlier, I like motor guys. Not a bad flier pick.

Round 7: Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana

Prototypical QB size. Has great feet and advanced feel for the game in my personal opinion. Has touch and arm strength. Sounds like a profile to be drafted much higher doesn't it? He has dealt with a lot of injuries at Indiana and struggles with reads and accuracy at times. Solid backup with good upside.

Ultimately, every time I try to make a mock draft I end up leaving guys off I really like or thought I would put on. I would have liked to get an OT earlier, but this is the way it fell for me. Have it at crazies. I can handle the criticism.

GRADE: 5.25
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Veteran quarterback with the desired frame for the position and coming off of his best year yet. Sudfeld tends to push the ball rather than deliver with a clean weight* shift and follow through, creating inconsistencies with accuracy and velocity. There is some solid tape on Sudfeld that could give NFL teams hope, but issues with making the right reads will work against him.

I don't believe this is an upgrade from Fales. Sounds like a camp body to me that just may be available as an UFA. But hey, it's the 7th round so not expecting much.

Liked Posts:
TGJ--I quoted NFL.com for the Grades and Bottom Line because I like their analyses.

Their grading scale is:

GRADE TITLE
7.50-7.99 Future All-Pro
5.01-5.14 Back end of the roster
5.00 50/50 Chance of making the roster

Thanks for the input my man. I definitely considered Smith in the second, and if he falls to 41 I would not be surprised if the Bears jumped on him. FWIW, I have my doubts if some of the guys falls to the spot where I had them as well...especially Dillon and Prosise.

Komodo Dragon

Liked Posts:

Their grading scale is:

GRADE TITLE
7.50-7.99 Future All-Pro