Thank you, Mitch

Rise

Liked Posts:
He's playing for a contract next year. He owes the bears no favors.

From his perspective, why would you take that hit when you know that you probably wont be on the team next year? He's already had 3 shoulder injuries in 3 years.

It was a financial decision. Sure, it was a bitch decision, but it's one most would make if they had shoulder issues.

Financial decision? If he led the Bears to a win today he probably gets $100 million. As it stands no franchise can sell him as their starter so his best case scenario is he gets a chance to compete somewhere.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch isnt great but god dam nagy with his shotgun ommpa loompa offense is pathetic. Oh yah offense sucks because if mitch gotcha

Mitch isn't good at all, but like you said, how are you going to win running the john shoop offense from 2001?

Run run play action pass for 2 yards, cloud of dust. done.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He's playing for a contract next year. He owes the bears no favors.

From his perspective, why would you take that hit when you know that you probably wont be on the team next year? He's already had 3 shoulder injuries in 3 years.

It was a financial decision. Sure, it was a bitch decision, but it's one most would make if they had shoulder issues.

hahahahahaha

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I can't blame mitch for the fact pace took him at #2.

Some of you are jagasses.

The guy works his tail off, he's just not a good nfl QB. He's a great team mate, a pretty good leader, and he puts in the work. He should deserve success, but some people just don't have the talent.

Seriously, he was a great teammate, a great player, and a great rolemodel. It's a shame he didn't work out.

Nobody is blaming Trubisky for going #2. They are blaming him for not being very good.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Mitch isn't good at all, but like you said, how are you going to win running the john shoop offense from 2001?

Run run play action pass for 2 yards, cloud of dust. done.
First play of the game was an end a round side qYs pass for 1 yard

msadows

Liked Posts:
Financial decision? If he led the Bears to a win today he probably gets $100 million. As it stands no franchise can sell him as their starter so his best case scenario is he gets a chance to compete somewhere.

You really think the bears were going to lose or win based on him going out of bounds on a 4th down play?

Nah.

You know what likely WOULD have happened? He would have gotten popped and potentially hurt his shoulder again, costing him a few million in the offseason.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
dude nneds to improve his skills at reading defenses.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nobody is blaming Trubisky for going #2. They are blaming him for not being very good.

Except he's done everything to be good.

He's not the one who drafted himself, bro. Blame pace, not mitch. He's not ryan leaf or cade mccnown out there. He tries hard and is a great teammate, he just isn't good.

He isn't magically going to develop the talent to be good. So yea, blame pace.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you were in his shoes you would run out of bounds too.

100% guaranteed.

Is your argument reallly he went out of bounds because he was in a contract year?

So he’s staying in bounds if he has a contract. That’s what you think.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Is your argument reallly he went out of bounds because he was in a contract year?

So he’s staying in bounds if he has a contract. That’s what you think.

My argument is that he has 3 shoulder injuries in 3 seasons.

He never runs anymore due to it.

His shoulders are made of glass, and he knows it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My argument is that he has 3 shoulder injuries in 3 seasons.

He never runs anymore due to it.

His shoulders are made of glass, and he knows it.

Unbelievable.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
“Was I a good quarterback?”

“No...God, no.”

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Mitch post game was asked about offense identity in last few weeks and why they went away from it. “I an not sure why.”

nagy needs to go

msadows

Liked Posts:
Unbelievable.

You have multiple injuries in a sport on the same body part and tell me if you won't favor it.

Bunch of people who never played a sport in their lives critiquing a guy for running out of bounds when he's injury prone, lmfao.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trubisky’s lack of quarterback prowess is no clearer than when reading through the Tribune’s breakdown of all his starts.

When you actually look back at all his games and break them down, he only had 7-8 good games....out of 52.

Guys, he sucks. I’m sorry.

Is it all his fault? No. But he’s not good; he’s just not.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
If only Mitch had more time with QB coach John Defilipo, one of the best in the NFL
U R a courageous man Big Bill to suggest amidst all Trubisky's critics that the Bears have failed miserably to help this guy develop. At the risk of being ridiculed here, I have to agree. I confess to having watched him a lot less than others on this site. What I saw today though was a guy who showed he can throw the deep ball. I thought he couldn't do that? And a guy who has good wheels. His best receiver was missing, leaving what looked like wideouts who had trouble getting open. His TE is solid but didn't appear to be featured receiver - strange given the circumstances. A guy dropped a momentum changing TD that was right on the money. His O-line was marginally effective. Difficult for anyone to look good under the circumstances. So I think the staff has to shoulder a lot of the blame if Mitch isn't where he's supposed to be at this early point in his career. It sounds like fans will be happy to see him go. It would probably be in his best interests given the state of the coaching staff, front office, and abuse he takes from fans.