That McCaskey is a real card!

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
McCaskey lauded Ted Phillips as “an extraordinary leader” with a steady hand

Phillips has been with the Bears since 1983 and in his current role for the last 22 seasons. During his time as president and CEO, the Bears have had four general managers, five coaches, 24 starting quarterbacks, 11 losing seasons, eight last-place finishes and only three playoff wins. During that time, playoffs included, the Bears are 10 games below .500.

Yeah that's pretty steady. :rolleyes:

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he has made them a lot of money. He is no longer the football guy on the team. That guy would be pace and he will get the axe next season unless he can really turn things around.
And in Phillips defense, thats his job..To make as much money as possible for the Bears..He really isn't a football guy, he is a bean counter. IMO, thats the problem

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's pretty much family, so get used to him!

Seriously though, Ted will be replaced shortly after he retires.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I guess the fact that the Bears have been mediocre (at best) in his time and still made a bunch of money is a sign that Williams has done a good job for the McCaskey’s. But he’s produced a lot of unhappy years for the fan base.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When Mayor Daley refused to work with Michael McCaskey on a stadium deal and basically dared the Bears to leave the city, Virginia fired her son and put Phillips in charge.

He was able to rectify the situation and work with Daley and the city on a resolution. He’s definitely made the family a bunch of money. He’s fine in a CFO type role but he obviously has no business being involved on the football side of the operation. Why the Bears haven’t addressed this is crazy but it’s their team and business and they have the right to do whatever they want.

A real ownership group with vision and decisiveness could turn the Bears into one of the most valuable franchises in all of sports.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There isn’t anything extraordinary about being a loser. I’m not sure what McCaskey’s definition is, but he should probably consider Merriam-Webster as the gold standard.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
For McCaskey’s this is business where first thing that matters is profit margin, the second thing that matters is profit margin, etc. McCaskey's will make changes to office structure, and overall operation only when fan support start dwindling. For the fan base 'W' is priority, for ownership $ $ will suffice.