The "2 WR screens in a row" Offseason Mock

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
PFF has him graded out at an 85.9, which is pretty elite territory. Prior years were 78.2 and 76.1, still very good.
There's a reason he'll be on his 3rd team. Players that are truly elite, teams figure out a way to keep them

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like the already strong connection between Jayden Daniels and his "Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be my "Nabers"?".
Did you just come up with my 2024 fantasy football team name?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This was fun to make, not what I think will happen but something I would enjoy if it did.

Ryan Poles, desperate to save his job and flummoxed on how to do it, takes the strongly worded advice from Warren and finds someone better to make most of the teams football decisions: he fires Matt Eberflus and replaces him with Jim Harbaugh.

View attachment 32739

Poles decides to kiss the ring and be a GM in mostly name, leaving Jim as the real driver in football decisions for the offseason.

Team cuts:
FS Eddie Jackson: $12.56 million saved
G/C Cody Whitehair: $9.15 million saved
P Trenton Gil: $0.96 saved

Cap space: $105.1M

Harbaugh wastes no time cutting the fat on some likeable but ultimately underperforming vets to improve the team. Oh and Gil's shitcanned too.

Extensions:
CB Jaylon Johnson: Five years, $95 million
K Cairo Santos: Two years, $9 million
LS Patrick Scales: One year, $1.65 million
WR Equanimeous St. Brown: One year, $1.65 million
CB Josh Blackwell (ERFA tender): One year, $915,000
TE Marcedes Lews: One year $2M

Cap Space: $75.39M

Harbaugh identifies key FAs on the Bears and decides Johnson is easier to extend than replace and that Santos has a few more years left in the tank, both fit into their multiyear plans while extending several of the positive performing journeymen to 1 year deals.

Free Agents:
Christian Wilkins - 4 years $79M
50293.webp

Miamis cap situation forces them to choose between extending their C or extending their 3T, McDaniel decides they are a shootout team and prioritizes keeping his O intact at the expense of their D. MIAs loss is CHIs gain as Bears sign a quality 3T to pair with Billings on the interior D line.

Geno Stone - 3 years $33M
55967.webp

Baltimore loves their young S but decides the price isnt worth the risk of what could be a 1 year flash in the pan from what was a backup S going into the year. Bears essentially use the money saved from cutting Jackson to grab the promising 24 year old.

Tyler Biadasz - 3 years $18M
41178.webp

Hoping to land Connor Williams or Andre James, unfortunately the Bears strikeout and are forced to choose between signing a budget C or trusting a rookie. They choose a budget C from DAL.

Halapoulivaati Vaitai - 1 year $2.8M
10798.webp

Much needed iOL depth to pair with Ja'Tyre Carter in the very likely scenario that Jenkins or Davis miss games.

Charles Harris - 1 year $2.5M
11777.webp

Hoping to sign Danielle Hunter, Poles unfortunately strikes out as the player decides he is not willing to go to a division rival in the twilight of his career. Awww fuck. The best plan B he can do on short notice is this guy.

Corey Bojorquez - 2 years $4M
27626.webp

Determined to replace Gil with anyone, Poles does indeed find anyone.

Shaq Quarterman - 1 year $1.5M
LB Depth who cares

Cap Space: $30M

Going into the draft, Harbaugh tells Poles he can win in the NFL with his QB from Michigan the QB from LSU, so Bears will be drafting McCarthy Daniels. Poles says "yes sir" and realizes you dont need the #1 overall pick to get McCarthy Daniels. So what do? Much like Luke Getsy trying to figure out what play to call after a WR screen, Poles decides to just do the same thing he did last year: trade down for future picks and a vet. Harbaugh forces him to wait until draft day to make his move:

The Chicago Bears trade the #1 overall pick in the 2024 draft to the Las Vegas Raiders in exchange for:

- The 11th overall pick
- the 43rd overall pick
- LVRs 2025 first round pick
- LVRs 2026 2nd round pick
- Defensive end Maxx Crosby
26316.webp

Cap Space: $11M

Desperate for a QB that isnt Jimmy Garoppolo and driven into a Caleb Williams inspired frenzy by pre draft media, the Raiders decideto do whatever it takes to secure the future of their franchise. The Bears get a pick they expect to get J.J. with, a ton of additional draft value, and a star DE to pair with Sweat and Wilkins in a trade that remarkably resembles what they did with CAR. When facing the media Poles remarks "its the only move I know".

The 5-12 Bears proceed to draft as follows

#7 - WR LSU MALIK NABERS
Replacing Mooney with much higher ceiling prospect, the Bears lose out on MHJ but grab a very exciting WR in Nabers who has chemistry with their targeted QB.

#11 - QB LSU JAYDEN DANIELS
Harbaugh wants his guy, with plans to sit behind Fields until "he's ready". Fields is told he is the starter as long as he shows growth and more importantly good decision making during games.

#42 - WR WESTERN KENTUCKY MALACHI CORLEY
Poles takes a loss on his 26 year old draft pick and decides this is the prospect he was hoping he got with VJJ.

#71 - S USC CALEN BULLOCK
A suprise drop on draft night, Poles feels the value even as depth with Bullock was too good to pass up for lesser prospects albeit at positions of bigger need.

#102 - RB OREGON BUCKY IRVING
Poles continues his trend of RB churning to pair his speedy explosiveness with Roschons power - facing the media Poles mentions "I aint payin a RB shit in this league, find more bodies on day 3".

#128 LB GEORGIA SMAEL MONDON JR
LB depth to sit behind Edwards, Edmunds, and Sandborn.

#133 S WASHINGTON STATE JADEN HICKS
Who fuckin cares at this point.

Depth Chart for 2024:
WR - Moore/ Nabers/Scott/Corley/St. Brown/VJJ
RB - Herbert/Johnson/Irving/Blasinggame
QB - Fields/Daniels - to start the season ;)
TE - Kmet, Lewis
OTs - Current ones
iOL - Jenkins/Davis/Biadasz/Vaitai

DE - Sweat/Crosby/Depth
DT - Wilkins/Billings/depth
CB - Current ones
S - Brisker/ Stone/depth
LB - Current ones

Ladies and Gentlemen, my 2024 "I had the first and 7th overall pick and still didnt get the best player at any position" mock draft. Every thread seems to devolve into a Caleb vs. MHJ shitfest so here is something with neither player.
This is too funny!!!!

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
They are going to struggle to push all that money and then have to sign Tua to a $50m+ AAV deal.

I personally don't think Williams is that great, and if they have to chose they will easily choose Wilkins.
Yeah it’s likely that in reality they decide they can’t afford either, but in the mock this is what they do. It’s just flavor text to expand the mock beyond “Bears sign X” it could just as easily be “Williams doesn’t want to go to a cold weather team so Bears aren’t able to sign him” if that helps the immersion.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
JJ McCarthy and Bucky Irving would continue the trend of making sure you draft local guys.

greg23

Liked Posts:
A very Ryan Poles draft

"Building thru the trenches"

Proceeds to take the following with top 5 round capital:

1 qb
2 wr
2 s
1 lb
1 rb

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I actually was with you until I saw the words "Bears decide to go budget at Center". Poles has to put legit dollars at fixing the Oline or it doesn't matter who trots out at QB next year, they will have trouble. The performance of the Oline when we had true talent in Jenkins and Wright side by side was obvious. They need to improve Center and pick up another Guard as Jenkins and Davis are not reliable and I honestly am not as sold on Jones at LT and while he provides some great value, an upgrade would be nice but at minimum you need a swing tackle backup. The rest of these moves I actually am not too opposed to as long as we get the coaching staff hires correct, the rest feels like positive steps.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I actually was with you until I saw the words "Bears decide to go budget at Center". Poles has to put legit dollars at fixing the Oline or it doesn't matter who trots out at QB next year, they will have trouble. The performance of the Oline when we had true talent in Jenkins and Wright side by side was obvious. They need to improve Center and pick up another Guard as Jenkins and Davis are not reliable and I honestly am not as sold on Jones at LT and while he provides some great value, an upgrade would be nice but at minimum you need a swing tackle backup. The rest of these moves I actually am not too opposed to as long as we get the coaching staff hires correct, the rest feels like positive steps.
I also want the best C available but there is a very real chance the 2 good ones don’t hit FA or hit FA and decide they don’t want to play in CHI - that’s what happens in this mock. If you look closely you’ll see Harbaugh makes Poles sign a quality OG for depth in Vaitai.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll go with my mock, which is incredibly unrealistic, but I love how it fell anyway (How the fuck does Bowers slide into round 2?)

1701811396858.png

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
That jj contract yikes!
My philosophy on mock contracts is use a high/upper bound for what they will potentially get to prove they fit on the books versus trying to nickel and dime every ounce of cap out of it. You could probably take 1-2M per year off most of my FAs and get a more accurate amount for some of them. If Poles knows he has an extra $10M of space in '24 his DE panic plan B upgrades from Charles Harris to Dorance Armstrong.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'll take this mock draft please, especially the trading of the #1 pick with Arizona.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Appreciate all you guys with shitty no effort mocks posting them here!