Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah

Yeah, looking at Mahomes it's really eye opening to see that he only achieved the "200 Club" once this season and surprise, surprise, it was against the Bears pre-Montez Sweat trade.

Even more eye opening was that he only had five games without throwing picks (although I know the Detroit pick week-1 was 100% on Toney). Still, guess 200 per game is not only realistic, but probably Pro Bowl-caliber play over the course of an entire season.
Justin Fields averaged over 200 ypg. 2562yds in 12,5 games. Where did that p[lace him?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I do notice, and this is outside any fashion statements and what not, is that Williams acts like a man and he takes constructive criticism but he’s all about that action. To me, he has a more “I’m the fucking man” mentality. I feel like if sees something that can be bettered or something that isn’t working and has a way to change it so I can work, he would clearly and directly tell Waldron and get it fixed between both. Williams is not afraid to speak his mind. He wants control of the offense. Call a play and let me do the fucking rest, even if I have to change shit on the fly.

As for Fields, he was a great leader and showed great work ethic, but to me, he was more of a “yes” man. He wouldn’t question a lot of things on his own unless he was asked about it. That’s why in interviews, he would say, “they are just throwing shit at me”. He never opened his mouth (just to the media about it) directly to the coaches, he just kept going with what they fed him. Didn’t questioned certain plays, certain lessons, etc. he just did whatever they told him to do.

Williams is more mentally matured at his age now than Fields if you ask me. And he has a dog mentality. Now that doesn’t mean he’s going to be great. But you have that, plus all that talent he has, then your chances are very high of him panning out to be good. Let’s hope that’s the case.
:bearbang:
Well said. It's time for the Bears to have a true alpha and not another yes man. Caleb is going to completely change the dynamics not only on the field, but in the offices as well.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Justin Fields averaged over 200 ypg. 2562yds in 12,5 games. Where did that p[lace him?
When I say 200 per game I wasn't talking about ypg. I was talking about Eberflus's "200 Club" that he had for Fields last year--2 TDs per game, 0 sacks, 0 turnovers.

I was saying that getting 2 TDs per game with 0 sacks and 0 turnovers is probably Pro Bowl level play when applied to an entire 17 game season.

Bust

Liked Posts:
That was a mid-season thing that Eberflus did to try to build up Fields’ confidence. It’s clear the bar was set so low because then it was attainable to Fields.

Tru Dat Fellow Bears Fan!! You deserve a LIKE! He tried to set a low bar for Fields to hit, nothing more nothing less.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I say 200 per game I wasn't talking about ypg. I was talking about Eberflus's "200 Club" that he had for Fields last year--2 TDs per game, 0 sacks, 0 turnovers.

I was saying that getting 2 TDs per game with 0 sacks and 0 turnovers is probably Pro Bowl level play when applied to an entire 17 game season.
oops. Also think those #s arbitrary.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
One thing I do notice, and this is outside any fashion statements and what not, is that Williams acts like a man and he takes constructive criticism but he’s all about that action. To me, he has a more “I’m the fucking man” mentality. I feel like if he sees something that can be bettered or something that isn’t working and has a way to change it so I can work, he would clearly and directly tell Waldron and get it fixed between both. Williams is not afraid to speak his mind. He wants control of the offense. Call a play and let me do the fucking rest, even if I have to change shit on the fly.

As for Fields, he was a great leader and showed great work ethic, but to me, he was more of a “yes” man. He wouldn’t question a lot of things on his own unless he was asked about it. That’s why in interviews, he would say, “they are just throwing shit at me”. He never opened his mouth (just to the media about it) directly to the coaches, he just kept going with what they fed him. Didn’t questioned certain plays, certain lessons, etc. he just did whatever they told him to do.

Williams is more mentally matured at his age now than Fields if you ask me. And he has a dog mentality. Now that doesn’t mean he’s going to be great. But you have that, plus all that talent he has, then your chances are very high of him panning out to be great. Let’s hope that’s the case.
:bearbang:

But that means he's uncoachable.

Remember Fields did complain and people freaked out about it. I think they're still freaking about it in this thread. You just assume he didn't say anything to the coaches about it before saying something to the media.

As far as Williams I doubt he comes in making demands about plays and don't think that would be a good thing if he did. About the only demand he should be making is if players on offense deserve to be hung out to dry.
But people would freak out about that too just like they did with Cutler.
Eventually he may become Peyton F Manning and calling plays as a rule but that's not his place as a rookie. First he needs to prove he can make the plays called and correctly check out of them reliably.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
But that means he's uncoachable.

Remember Fields did complain and people freaked out about it. I think they're still freaking about it in this thread. You just assume he didn't say anything to the coaches about it before saying something to the media.

As far as Williams I doubt he comes in making demands about plays and don't think that would be a good thing if he did. About the only demand he should be making is if players on offense deserve to be hung out to dry.
But people would freak out about that too just like they did with Cutler.
Eventually he may become Peyton F Manning and calling plays as a rule but that's not his place as a rookie. First he needs to prove he can make the plays called and correctly check out of them reliably.
I did say he takes constructive criticism and he’s shown that he is coachable. Doesn’t mean he can’t help implement things by voicing things. I’m not saying he will ch age things, although in the game that is possible because things change on the fields. But it’s about his just bringing up something if he sees a weskness in it. He just has the balls to speak up.

Reactions: Myk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I fully support 200 TDs per season, or week, either is fine.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I did say he takes constructive criticism and he’s shown that he is coachable. Doesn’t mean he can’t help implement things by voicing things. I’m not saying he will ch age things, although in the game that is possible because things change on the fields. But it’s about his just bringing up something if he sees a weskness in it. He just has the balls to speak up.

Given his college play style I'm sure he will end up free balling often and from day 1.

At this point I hope if it wasn't Poles doing it on his own he's already changed things by threatening to hold out if the Bears didn't make monstrous moves to fix the offense before he'd agree to come here.

I would hope all QBs would speak up if they thought they were being taught things that didn't suit them.
Sort of like Fields saying he felt like a robot out there. I imagine he did complain in private first.
Sort of like Cutler complaining about Martz being stupid and not having any protection. I can't imagine him not complaining at any time before he made it obvious in public.
Don't forget, coaches tend to be egomaniacs. Just because a player tells them it doesn't work doesn't mean they'll listen.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Given his college play style I'm sure he will end up free balling often and from day 1.

At this point I hope if it wasn't Poles doing it on his own he's already changed things by threatening to hold out if the Bears didn't make monstrous moves to fix the offense before he'd agree to come here.

I would hope all QBs would speak up if they thought they were being taught things that didn't suit them.
Sort of like Fields saying he felt like a robot out there. I imagine he did complain in private first.
Sort of like Cutler complaining about Martz being stupid and not having any protection. I can't imagine him not complaining at any time before he made it obvious in public.
Don't forget, coaches tend to be egomaniacs. Just because a player tells them it doesn't work doesn't mean they'll listen.
Oh I know about that last part. But there are also coaches and players like that, that work great together. Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, and Burrow for instance.