the Bears already did the hard part

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
im watching Hoge and Jahns right now on youtube with Dan Pompei and he’s correctly pointing out that the Bears still need to do more for Fields, such as taking the proper steps to make sure he has the correct coaching, scheme, protection, targets, etc.

this is a point i’ve seen repeated on here as well, i would argue though that the hard part is already done! assuming fields looks good this season when he plays, which he inevitably will, the rest should not be hard at all.

If Nagy is bad, fire him, and hire Joe Brady from Carolina. you don’t think he would want to work with a talent like Fields? Jenkins doesn’t work at LT? well move him back to RT, where he should be at, and take the best LT available in the second next year, or trade back for additional picks.

the point is, yes the Bears still need to develop Fields, but in my opinion they’ve already done the hard part, by landing Fields in the first place.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
disagree

any asshole team can draft a stellar prospect

helping him develop into an NFL star is the hard part

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yup. Nagy needs to scheme for our QB, not force the QB into his scheme.

I agree with the OL suggestion as well.

Jay2Marsh

Liked Posts:
im watching Hoge and Jahns right now on youtube with Dan Pompei and he’s correctly pointing out that the Bears still need to do more for Fields, such as taking the proper steps to make sure he has the correct coaching, scheme, protection, targets, etc.

this is a point i’ve seen repeated on here as well, i would argue though that the hard part is already done! assuming fields looks good this season when he plays, which he inevitably will, the rest should not be hard at all.

If Nagy is bad, fire him, and hire Joe Brady from Carolina. you don’t think he would want to work with a talent like Fields? Jenkins doesn’t work at LT? well move him back to RT, where he should be at, and take the best LT available in the second next year, or trade back for additional picks.

the point is, yes the Bears still need to develop Fields, but in my opinion they’ve already done the hard part, by landing Fields in the first place.
If you watch Mahomes first regular season game in 2017 against the Broncos it's pretty obvious he was raw and needed some development as well. So I think its pretty safe to assume Andy Reid and his staff developed Mahomes. Whether or not Nagy can develop Fields is yet to be seen obviously. I'm gonna go ahead an say probably not cause we've seen Nagy basically Coach like Ted Lasso ever since he's been here.

msadows

Liked Posts:
disagree

disagree, the hard part is finding the right prospect. The draft is such a crapshoot even guys who look stellar don’t translate to the nfl. Honestly, a ton of luck is involved in the draft process.

even a genius coaching staff and great talent around a player can’t polish a turd. Just look at Goff.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you watch Mahomes first regular season game in 2017 against the Broncos it's pretty obvious he was raw and needed some development as well. So I think its pretty safe to assume Andy Reid and his staff developed Mahomes. Whether or not Nagy can develop Fields is yet to be seen obviously. I'm gonna go ahead an say probably not cause we've seen Nagy basically Coach like Ted Lasso ever since he's been here.

his main qb for his tenure has also been a guy who can’t hit a target if his life depended on it.

i shit on Nagy as much as everyone, but we’ve all seen him scheme up perfect plays to get guys open and have Mitch let him down time and time again.

I love Mitch, he’s a great guy, but he was the definition of inconsistent. That makes everyone look bad when the guy who takes the snap is hot or cold every game.

nagy was there for that raw mahomes moment. I guarantee you he was heavily involved in that draft process.

Either way this is the best qb prospect the bears have ever had.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I get what you're saying but that's a ridiculously small sample size with too many variables. It was one game.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
his main qb for his tenure has also been a guy who can’t hit a target if his life depended on it.

i shit on Nagy as much as everyone, but we’ve all seen him scheme up perfect plays to get guys open and have Mitch let him down time and time again.

I love Mitch, he’s a great guy, but he was the definition of inconsistent. That makes everyone look bad when the guy who takes the snap is hot or cold every game.
Man, if only you felt like this in real time when you were calling posters like me trolls and Chiefs fans for saying the exact same thing. Incredible.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
disagree, the hard part is finding the right prospect. The draft is such a crapshoot even guys who look stellar don’t translate to the nfl. Honestly, a ton of luck is involved in the draft process.

even a genius coaching staff and great talent around a player can’t polish a turd. Just look at Goff.
The hard part is over. Picking the right QB really hard. Having ability to get the draft pick when the right one is there - almost impossible for the Bears.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

nagy was there for that raw mahomes moment. I guarantee you he was heavily involved in that draft process.

He loses the benefit of the doubt though when we are in a rhythm he has to Naggy a drive with some nonsense play to Patterson and players like him. That has to matter as much as trubisky killing drives cause he sucks. Also the clock management has been crap. That isn’t on a bum ass qb that’s on the coach. When the coach says dumb ass shit like I wasn’t hired to run the ball you kind of have to realize we dealing with a special kind of stupid here.

let’s see how/if he changes things going forward. Let him check his ego at the door and get the train back on the tracks. I hope they don’t ruin this great opportunity with fields I really feel he can be that good

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:

And the only time he was hot was vs bad defenses. So maybe he wasn’t even hot then, the defenses were just that bad.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
disagree

The player is always the most important part of the equation.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Look....the just is out on all of them.....fields, Jenkins, the gm/hc/oc.....

They all need to develop and prove they can be good to elite nfl caliber....at this point they all look good on paper; let's see how the season plays out but we all should be encouraged by this first stage (2nd/3rd in some cases)

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Right now its all just paper gains, we don't know how the line will perform or how Justin will perform behind it

btw you guys gotta start thinking up some nicknames for the kid. Hopefully something better than Biscuit