The bears are simultaneously attempting to inflate the value of Justin Fields and the first pick

alswank87

Liked Posts:
That’s what they will do until a trade is made. Nobody knows what they will do. Every story you will read until a trade is made is meant to increase the value of fields and Williams. They want a team to make a trade for one or the other with the thought in mind that the bears don’t want to part with the one they are trading for. I think the only goal it is achieving is making the fans paying attention go crazy. I also think when they finally trade either, the return is going to be underwhelming to the fans paying close attention.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That’s what they will do until a trade is made. Nobody knows what they will do. Every story you will read until a trade is made is meant to increase the value of fields and Williams. They want a team to make a trade for one or the other with the thought in mind that the bears don’t want to part with the one they are trading for. I think the only goal it is achieving is making the fans paying attention go crazy. I also think when they finally trade either, the return is going to be underwhelming to the fans paying close attention.
This is literally the first time I’ve heard this. You must have a legit source in the NFL who shared this with you. Otherwise I have no idea how you came up with this outcome. If only I had the hair to allow me to go into barbershops.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Flus basically trashed him in a press conference. Just goes to show how ridiculously unqualified he is to be a head coach.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Flus basically trashed him in a press conference. Just goes to show how ridiculously unqualified he is to be a head coach.
Was he trying to inflate the idea the Bears were definitely drafting Williams?

Wtf knows. He also was supposedly defending Fields in OC interviews.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Did he “trash him”? Or does Fields just not fit his definition of a generic good QB? I thought Flus was asked to define a good QB and his definition didn’t fit Fields and everyone read into it. But maybe I’m wrong. Don’t think I watched that one

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Did he “trash him”? Or does Fields just not fit his definition of a generic good QB? I thought Flus was asked to define a good QB and his definition didn’t fit Fields and everyone read into it. But maybe I’m wrong. Don’t think I watched that one
He didn’t trash him. It’s an inference many made after he spoke.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
This is literally the first time I’ve heard this. You must have a legit source in the NFL who shared this with you. Otherwise I have no idea how you came up with this outcome. If only I had the hair to allow me to go into barbershops.
Sorry, I don’t waste much of my time reading random internet people’s opinions. I have better things to do. It’s nice you get to read them all though.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Sorry, I don’t waste much of my time reading random internet people’s opinions. I have better things to do. It’s nice you get to read them all though.
I’m guessing I’ve read through less than 5% of what’s been posted about Fields/Williams. With all the Fields/Williams threads that have been started, don’t you think what you wrote in your post has been discussed hundreds of times already?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, yet spins a thread for more of same after participating plenty in the past.

As for the OP

Latest rumor is that the Bear have stopped talking/taking offers for #1. Response by JF supporters is: Every story you will read until a trade is made is meant to increase the value of the Haul or Fields.

The only thing holding off the Fields trade is that FA has preferred QBs at astronomically higher prices. How does purposely holding onto Fields while the number of possible suitors dwindles by 3-6 teams help his value? The issue with Fields appears to be that it's more a buyers market than a sellers one. Quite the opposite of the #1 pick.

Every story I currently read says that the Bears aren't moving off the pick and that Fields is garnering less than expected interest. Also that Bears are currently holding out for a #2 and change. I think that is still doable but not until after a few FA QBs come off the board.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, yet spins a thread for more of same.

As for the OP

Latest rumor is that the Bear have stopped talking/taking offers for #1. Response by JF supporters is: Every story you will read until a trade is made is meant to increase the value of the Haul or Fields.

The only thing holding off the Fields trade is that FA has preferred QBs at astronomically higher prices. How does purposely holding onto Fields while the number of possible suitors dwindles by 3-6 teams help his value? The issue with Fields appears to be that it's more a buyers market than a sellers one. Quite the opposite of the #1 pick.

Every story I currently read says that the Bears aren't moving off the pick and that Fields is garnering less than expected interest. Also that Bears are currently holding out for a #2 and change. I think that is still doable but not until after a few FA QBs come off the board.
Every story right now is a lie. Nobody knows what's going on. Just people needing the clicks and to feel smart.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every story right now is a lie. Nobody knows what's going on. Just people needing the clicks and to feel smart.
I certainly think that's mostly true but when it comes to trade talks and value, you have many parties involved and not all info will be generated by the Bear. The current Bear ship seems water tight but that's far from true for many NFL teams. There's enough conflicting things out there to be able to dismiss most of everything heard but when you get relatively reliable outlets reinforcing each other, there may be something there.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There may for sure. I guess I just don't care until it happens.
The narrative will change multiple more times and there are plenty here that will jump all over all of them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He indirectly attacked his flaws. National media all acknowledged this, whether he intended to do it or not. Flus is just not head coach material. The great head coaches all use “coach speak,” Flus would be wise to learn this skill.

IHATETHEBEARS(IHTB)

Liked Posts:
“That’s what they will do…” And your next sentence says, “Nobody knows what they will do.”

Interesting take.

• Haha
Reactions: DC

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Wow, so NFL teams were unaware of these flaws, and Flus tanked his value? Please stop it. Defenses know if you want to stop Fields, play zone coverage as he has not learned how to beat this in three years.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My theory is that Poles is honoring a long held Bears tradition and wants to screw this up as badly as possible.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Even if the bears wanted to trade the #1 pick nobody is willing to give the haul the bears are looking for.
Wash would like to pick CW, but they are unwilling to give up draft picks/player to move 1 spot also the QB's available in this years draft is pretty good.