The Bears Could Bring Back Alfonso Boone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Three days after the Bears signed veteran defensive end Charles Grant, multiple league sources indicate the Bears could be considering another new addition.

The Bears have held internal discussions about a familiar player, defensive tackle Alfonso Boone. The 34-year-old was released Wednesday by the Chargers, who have been hit with injuries in the secondary and at linebacker and used the roster spot to sign veteran safety Tyrone Carter.

The 11-year veteran spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Bears, playing in 12 games in 2006 when the team went to Super Bowl XLI. Boone appeared in 13 games for the Chargers last season and made a career-high three sacks. He also played two seasons for the Chiefs after leaving the Bears.

Boone, 6-3, 320 pounds, would be a nose tackle for the Bears. The team surprisingly cut defensive end Mark Anderson to add Grant, and in a new era of doing business and holding players accountable, perhaps another move is in the works. Marcus Harrison, who plays both tackle positions, has been inactive for three of the four games. A third-round pick in 2008, it's doubtful the Bears want to part ways with him.

While unspectacular in his tenure, Boone was a consistent performer and the defense suffered in recent seasons without depth on the interior of the line as the team tried to use players like Dusty Dvoracek

Sources: Bears could bring back Alfonso Boone - Chicago Breaking Sports

Thoughts? We all know DL is the Bears weakness and this should be a MUST signing. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF...this will not help. Just let Wotton play, what a joke. JA.....OL please. There might be no one out there (that's what he will say), but anyone will be an upgrade over the OL right now. How does Boone even help, he's 34 and his career is pretty much over. Unless they want a big body to try and stop the run. I still think it's not a good move.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harrison can play UT and NT, but he's best as a UT. Cutting him for Boone would bad horrible

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
How to fix a Offensive Line sign a couple of defensive players. Boy has the NFL changed since I played. Damn when I played, when you needed a O lineman you when out and got a O linemen not a defensive player.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
while JA is at it bring back keith traylor and ted washington...this proves Angelo needs to be let go

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bears are fixing the wrong line..

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Tell JA that because I don't think he knows. PLEASE!

chicagobearsintroducejaycutlerdxhz2x6yul.jpg

regoob2

Liked Posts:
DL also needs to play better.

The coaches and front office clearly know that this is there last season if they dont do something. That part makes me happy.

If we cut Harrison then were idiots. Harrison made some plays when he was playing UT. He has a lot of potential.

I understand we need another NT. I anything cut Tommie in this uncapped year and save the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.