The Bears failed Anthony Miller

Bust

Liked Posts:
To be fair to Miller. It's got to be hard staying mentally in it when you only get 3 targets a game while the offense converts only 1 of 10 on 3rd downs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4M (Mustached Mental Midget Mitch) and 3M (Mental Midget Miller) are prototypical Bears players.
What's Wims? That was one of the worst non catches that I've ever seen. Can Ridley be worse than him? I get why Wims is out there to block for WR screens and Cohen but in a Lazor O or the nonsense combo O we ran yesterday, why not play a hands guy that can run routes?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
To summarize what many have already said:

Dude drops easy passes, got outperformed by a 5th round pick/rookie, lost his spot on the depth chart, and when in practice/film when game prep explicitly covered how much CJGJ is an asshole/instigator, he threw that shit out the window.

You're looking at athletic ability and age like this is Madden franchise mode and believe the bears failed him. Coaches look at 'you were supposed to ignore the moron talking on the other team and play but you didn't' on top of how he didn't progress in development while in a pass-happy system.

Owners should be looking at how Pace mortgaged picks to trade back into the 2nd round to pick a dud.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
When Nagy was talking to him after the ejection I hope it was to the tune of "that's the dumb shit we said #22 was going to try to bait you into all week and you still took the bait. Pack your shit up and get the fuck out before we get back in the locker room".

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's utterly undisciplined & is as likely to blow a play as to make one - bye bitch.

However I will say last night I noticed he had something like one target while being used over and over again to go in motion on almost every designed run play for Montgomery. And it wasn't just trotting down the line to the other side to reveal the coverage scheme. It was having him sprint full speed behind the HB in the backfield and to the other sideline. They did this over and over again and I found myself thinking Miller had to be getting frustrated with that particular role for the evening. It was like the Bears shook up a can of coke and then felt disappointed when it blew up.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Talented player who showed tons of promise his first two years but never achieved due to the the woefulness of the offensive around him. This third year has been a disaster for him in every way. He was never coached right, never given the right encouragement or the right discipline. This was a guy right on that fine line between intensity and recklessness and the Bears organizationally did nothing to ensure he landed on the right side of that curve. He was basically abandoned and thrown to the wolves.

At the end of the day its true, players are the ones most accountable for their actions. But Anthony Miller was a guy the Bears had who could have achieved great things if he had the right leadership. That never happened for him. Sad.
We talking the same Offence. coaching staff and QB that developed Mooney?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He's utterly undisciplined & is as likely to blow a play as to make one - bye bitch.

However I will say last night I noticed he had something like one target while being used over and over again to go in motion on almost every designed run play for Montgomery. And it wasn't just trotting down the line to the other side to reveal the coverage scheme. It was having him sprint full speed behind the HB in the backfield and to the other sideline. They did this over and over again and I found myself thinking Miller had to be getting frustrated with that particular role for the evening. It was like the Bears shook up a can of coke and then felt disappointed when it blew up.
If he gets that frustrated playing football and having to be a team player...it isn’t exactly a compliment

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
@Montucky is the same guy who claimed the Bears failed Shaheen and Erronius Grasu as well, thinks they’ve become super successful since leaving.
You can probably find him on Reddit pushing conspiracy theories that the soldier field ground crew sabotage the field to ruin shaheen career. Probably post pictures of artificial wind machines that made shaheen magically prematurely fall down without any player around him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
When Nagy was talking to him after the ejection I hope it was to the tune of "that's the dumb shit we said #22 was going to try to bait you into all week and you still took the bait. Pack your shit up and get the fuck out before we get back in the locker room".
We can hope he was saying something like this, but it was likely some soft "you are better than that" BS.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those saying Miller has no talent, he has a tremendous quickness that makes him almost uncoverable in man coverage (especially in the slot where he could go in or out). It’s too bad he could not be developed.