The best standout player from each team so far and ESPN goes with...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Really? Because all the local Chicago media guys seem to agree that:

-Duke Shelley is a steal and might beat out Buster Skrine to start.

-David Montgomery is already showing that “it” factor that they previously saw with Tarik Cohen during OTAs, minicamp and rookie camp.

-Riley Ridley is legit. (Receiver and D back being some of the few positions you can actually glean quite a bit on during offseason training programs)

-Mitch is comfortable now and knows this offense to a T.

Seems to me any of those guys would be the surprise offseason standout.
The article was referring to "under the radar players". I don't think a QB taken at #2 overall qualifies.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The article was referring to "under the radar players". I don't think a QB taken at #2 overall qualifies.
Sowell is like one of those under the radar beluga whales in petting pond.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
From the article: "He's big, fast, you can see all the attributes that made him a top-10 pick," Kingsbury said. "[He] had some unfortunate injuries there in Chicago and [he's] trying to kind of reestablish himself. [This is] really kind of like his rookie year."-- Josh Weinfuss
Where have I heard that before?

There were also a lot of Tight Ends on that list. Not sure what to make of that.
How many "rookie years" does this guy get?

He was healthy last year but wasn't good enough to get on the field when the games mattered.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How many "rookie years" dies this guy get?

He was healthy last year but wasn't good enough to get on the field when the games mattered.
Gosh u r always so negative

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Meh, fair enough. That’s true. But you probably could’ve picked at least a handful of other guys more deserving, although at the end of the day, it’s just a filler middle-of-the-summer article, entertaining as it is. It’s fine.