The Big Problem is Still the Lack of A Number One Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt call it a big problem Zack but I'd say we sure could use one. We really dont know what our QB, WRs, TEs and RBs are truly capable of until we upgrade this horrid OL. If you dont give your QB time to survey the field and time for you receivers to get open, you wont be making many big plays. With that being said, they could use a guy like Marshall who could go up for the jump balls and get some serious YAC.

DA showed flashed but im not sold just yet.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good read, but why is every sentence its own paragraph? ha!

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Good read, but why is every sentence its own paragraph? ha!

If you don't do it on your own the BR editors will usually do it when they edit your article. I guess it's an attempt to read like a newspaper, but it more often than not 1) just looks stupid on a web page (column width restrictions on BR make pieces look like a series of one-liners whereas actual newspapers create real-looking paragraphs out of one sentence) and 2) breaks up the flow of a piece.

And again, I think people tend to confuse the "number 1 receiver" moniker with just having a "good" WR. As much as people love them, Knox, Hester and Bennett aren't "good" wide receivers (Aromashodu looks alright, but there is probably a reason he has bounced from practice squad to practice squad): they either don't run routes well, are too small, have questionable hands or have trouble understanding even a simplified West Coast Offense (this last one applies to all of them).

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The term #1 WR gets thrown around way too much. Besides Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, and Calvin Johnson, name me a few more #1 WRs.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The term #1 WR gets thrown around way too much. Besides Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, and Calvin Johnson, name me a few more #1 WRs.

Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston(sp), Greg Jennings

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I say we go get TO and Albert Haynesworth. If we're gonna go down, we should go down swingin'.

/sarcasm.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If you don't do it on your own the BR editors will usually do it when they edit your article. I guess it's an attempt to read like a newspaper, but it more often than not 1) just looks stupid on a web page (column width restrictions on BR make pieces look like a series of one-liners whereas actual newspapers create real-looking paragraphs out of one sentence) and 2) breaks up the flow of a piece.

And again, I think people tend to confuse the "number 1 receiver" moniker with just having a "good" WR. As much as people love them, Knox, Hester and Bennett aren't "good" wide receivers (Aromashodu looks alright, but there is probably a reason he has bounced from practice squad to practice squad): they either don't run routes well, are too small, have questionable hands or have trouble understanding even a simplified West Coast Offense (this last one applies to all of them).

It's stupid the way they do it. They require no more than 3 sentences per paragraph.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Way to turn this thread into proper grammar time now.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Like someone said on page 1, we sure could use a #1 target, but i don't think it's worth it to break the bank to trade for one, i'm satisfied with the corps we have now, there sure is going to be alot of competition

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we do need a number one receiver, but we aren't going to go out and get it. We can't force the situation, we have to let it come to us, then pounce on it. I'm happy with what we have for now, but if we don't have a number one guy by next year, I'm not sure we're going in the right direction.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
How can anyone be content with the wide receiving corps the Bears currently have? Devin Hester, Earl Bennett and Johnny Knox, with Iglesias possibly making waves? Are you serious?

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can anyone be content with the wide receiving corps the Bears currently have? Devin Hester, Earl Bennett and Johnny Knox, with Iglesias possibly making waves? Are you serious?

I'm content, we have some guys that might put some numbers up, if you put them together, I think we can get through the season with the guys we have.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:

Why in the world would you think that we need a #1 WR???????

I have said this until I am blue in the face. Some winning teams don't have a #1 WR and some team that can't win have a #1WR. It takes a hell of a lot more then a #1 WR to make a winning team. I don't know why, just because people can type and can post on the internet they think this means they can write what ever they want even if it is all just total BS. I played pro ball for 5 years, played in the SB and I still don't have any idea if we need a #1 WR so what makes you such a expert on what the Bear need or don't need.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I say we go get TO and Albert Haynesworth. If we're gonna go down, we should go down swingin'.

/sarcasm.

To has made any team in years a winner and Washington well what can we say about them LOSERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.