The die has been cast, all ifs, ands, and buts are moot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
With the Bears controlling their own playoff destiny the futures of Pace, Nagy, and Trubisky are assuredly completely tied to the last 2 games of the season.

The Bears win out and make the playoffs, all three will return for 2021. As much as I think Nagy is ass, he will have arguably earned one more shot. Pace will get a modest extension, maybe 2 years. Trubisky will be retained, even by franchise tag if necessary.

The lose and miss the playoffs, Nagy will have pissed away a 5-1 start and a gift wrapped second opportunity to make the playoffs and be gone. Pace will also have no legs to stand on when arguing reasons for his return. Trubisky will possible stick if he looks good and the losses are defense related, but not likely.

8-8 and backing into the playoffs with a 1st round embarrassing loss is the only unpredictable outcome for the trio.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The only way it’s possible Pace and Nagy are gone is if they lose today. And even that’s not guaranteed. Trubisky is the only guy in the triad who might not be in Chicago next year. Pace and Nagy aren’t going anywhere.

I don’t think either are really that close to being fired. Nagy was slightly on the hot seat a month ago. It was getting warmer. But even he appears to be relatively safe now.

Last edited:

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears lose to GB?

I'd bet Nagy is gone along with Pagano

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don’t get it. That seems like a very predictable outcome to me
Hence the title. Had the Bears gone 9-7 and missed the playoffs, I think their futures would be murky. With a Xmas miracle chance to make the playoffs, piss that away and he is gone; win out and save the season from the clutches of shitdom you get another shot.

I fitting acid test for the Pace/Nagy era.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
With the Bears controlling their own playoff destiny the futures of Pace, Nagy, and Trubisky are assuredly completely tied to the last 2 games of the season.

The Bears win out and make the playoffs, all three will return for 2021. As much as I think Nagy is ass, he will have arguably earned one more shot. Pace will get a modest extension, maybe 2 years. Trubisky will be retained, even by franchise tag if necessary.

The lose and miss the playoffs, Nagy will have pissed away a 5-1 start and a gift wrapped second opportunity to make the playoffs and be gone. Pace will also have no legs to stand on when arguing reasons for his return. Trubisky will possible stick if he looks good and the losses are defense related, but not likely.

8-8 and backing into the playoffs with a 1st round embarrassing loss is the only unpredictable outcome for the trio.
And what happens if we win the Superbowl?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears are going to suck ass next year if this group of coaches/GM comes back... a lot needs to be fixed on the roster, tough decisions need to be made and I see this group mostly just sticking with what they’ve got because they’re “familiar with the system” or they’re a leader in the locker room bullshit.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And what happens if we win the Superbowl?
CRM114 will start an thread about how Trubisky almost lost the Super Bowl.

Run and Shit will complain about the Bears not having a "mobile" QB

Msadows will post self-conflicting opinion posts until he passes out from dehydration.

Remy will tell us that PFF ranked the losing team as having a superior game despite losing and that that is true because PFF rankings are internet stats and thus truth.

dabears70 will be arrested for stealing Ryan Paces garbage and rubbing it all over his naked body.

and

Windy will forget post mock drafts until 12 hours after the SB.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

Nailed it!!

The only thing I would add to this is if the Bears loose out, miss the playoffs, and the owners bring back Nagy and Pace, then the owners are basically telling the fan base that money matters, and not winning.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think, outside of something bizarre, it all hinges on today's game. Losing to GB won't affect things unless it's a complete melt down. The bizarre would be losing today, winning next week against a team with little to play for and still making the playoffs.

Herb Gardner

Liked Posts:
I’d add this too: Remy starts a vortex with, himself...

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears being in charge of their own playoff destiny is like asking Helen Keller to drive through a color coded mine field but the car has one wheel and is on fire.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how this always happens with the Bears. I just know it's why they never take that step forward. No matter how badly they do for stretches, it seems like all they ever need do is beat a couple of shitty teams and everybody's job is safe again.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears make the playoffs this year, I don’t think Pace will get extended for 2 more years. They would ride his contract and if the Bears have a great 2021 season then you might see an extension.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cool story.
You know whats not a cool story?