The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: Bears vs Bucs (The Mitchell TruSIXTD Edition)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Good

He really needs a game that you walk away saying "Man, Mitchell Trubisky just took over that game."

Making throws to every spot on the field. Sustaining drives with ease. Spreading the ball around. At least three or four scores. Just being fluid out there. Trusting his line to get him through more than one read and trusting his receivers to be where he needs them to be.

Basically...and I know this is going to sound awful, but....look like a REAL NFL Quarterback.

Not for me or not for the team. Mitchell Trubisky needs it...badly.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/98080-mitchdonttwitch-friskytrubisky-BEARDOWN?p=3132334&viewfull=1#post3132334

That was just four days ago, but it seems like a lifetime. Maybe even a generation.

It is like there are two halves to my fandom now. The day a Chicago Bear Quarterback threw five touchdown passes in under thirty minutes and a bunch crap I will force out of my head to make room for that sixth touchdown pass.

Let's go to the film!

It was a nice move by Trey Burton and a solid assist from the sod too many peeps want to complain about, but just when I was just scolding the kid for downfield accuracy...places the ball neatly in the endzone...from the 47 yard line. This should have been the highlight reel play for Mitchell Trubisky, but no...it just was not pretty enough. Not like this....

Watching this dime of a TD over and over made me want to take back every bad word I ever spoke, wrote or even thought about Mitchell Trubisky. I wanted to write apology letters to his entire family. I wanted to send his mother a Mother's Day card for every year her beautiful and wonderful son has graced the Earth with his existence. The bitter and cruel Bear Fan in me just knew this wonderful feeling would have to come to an end soon with a heart-crushing turnover. That is just the way it goes for this team. Best to get braced up now.

Here it comes. Ten yards from the endzone. A pass over the middle. To the smallest man on the field. Gonna get picked off right about......

Holy poop! Are you serious Tampa?!? You just let one of the Lollipop Kids go right over the middle of your defense unpunished??? In fact he just stole another six points from you. That is three touchdown passes you have allowed from a QB that has barely gotten his per game TD pass average past one. This has got to be a wake up call in Tampa. Time to tighten this ship.

Wow. Just going to go down like that, Tampa? I know you have heard a lot of bad things about Josh Bellamy on this very website, but you just cannot leave him that wide open. It's just inconceivable. Did Ryan Pace pay you all to take a dive because this is just surreal.

DoXHgHWXUAAJD-9.jpg

Yes...THAT wide open. Okay. It has been an absolute blast, but it's got to be time for the Jordan Howard Show. Let's settle in for some good old clock burning......

I just.

I don't.

I mean.

Can you even?!?

Sure it was more like a light toss, but it counts. Five touchdown passes in roughly twenty-five minutes. I know I was having my doubts about you Mitchell, but good gravy...no need to rub it in.

Nah!

Rub it in, baby!!!

The Bad

I wanted to put something here about Jordan Howard only averaging 2.3 YPC during the three game win streak, but it just seems petty and I hear rumors of an injury. Plus Cohen is just too hot bench for too long...so instead I am going to give a shout-out to the 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Never change, Tampa...never change.

"We were horrific in all aspects of football [Sunday], all aspects," Dirk Koetter said of his team "Based on that game today, we couldn’t make enough changes. We should fire every person that was on that field today, starting with me. That was horrific."

The Ugly

The only downside I can think of in all of this is...does the Week Five Bye seem fair now? Is this the kind of momentum you want to just toss onto the back burner for a couple of weeks? Tampa had about as a pathetic showing on defense as you can muster, but the Chicago Bear Offense finally got some swagger and now it is time to do....nothing.

Hope they can keep Mitchell pumped and figure out why Jordan Howard has become an afterthought so quickly. It is going to be the longest Bye Week in years for all of Chicago and the Greater Bear Nation. Because this team is finally firing on all cylinders for the first time in far too long and there is absolutely nothing to do but wait.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great breakdown!

Unlike the breakdown @SuperDitkaMan has to do to human bodies to fit them into his rolling cooler at the tailgate!

Last edited:

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I kept waiting for that inevitable interception after the first 2 TD's to get the Bucs back in the game. I'm so happy it never happened, it rained TD's for the Bears for once in a very long time

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was maybe 2 or 3 bad throws before the second TD and I was getting a sinking feeling, then it was like holy fuck, dude took off. Only 1 bad throw for the rest of the game and lots of great one.

Whatever happens in the future, this game will be a reference point.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kept waiting for that inevitable interception after the first 2 TD's to get the Bucs back in the game

Should we call it "Cutleritus"???

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great writeup! This game was amazing! Holy fucking shit, people, it's on like donkey kong!!!

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bears go 3-1 2nd qtr of football. 6-2 im calling it. I can even see them going 10-2 losing 2-3 games in the fourth qtr

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
The only negative I can take away from this game was the Hicks ejection and possible suspension. Other than that, this game couldn't have gone any better.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears go 3-1 2nd qtr of football. 6-2 im calling it. I can even see them going 10-2 losing 2-3 games in the fourth qtr

Pubg