The Great Iham BeefStew-Shart

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Ian Stewart, rehabbing from a strained left quadriceps, continues to work with Triple-A Iowa.

He has played all nine innings of his past four games, according to Cubs manager Dale Sveum. He started and hit third in Iowa's lineup against Omaha Thursday, and he went 1-for-3 with a run scored before getting pinch-hit for in the seventh.

"Now it's a matter of him getting his swing together. Now he's pretty much healthy and ready to go," Sveum said.

"He's getting to that 20, 30, 40 at-bats like Spring Training, so now it's just a matter of getting him swinging the bat better."

Although Stewart has gotten his share of at-bats, they have been mostly unproductive. Stewart was hitting .083 (2-for-24) coming into Thursday. He went 0-for-4 in his last start Tuesday, but Monday was probably his best game in Triple-A, as he went 1-for-3 with a double, a run and two RBIs.

It's not automatic that Stewart will be plugged into the Cubs' lineup at third base as soon as he returns to the Majors.

"He's got to earn it. He's got to go down there and play well. He's not swinging the bat very well," Sveum said.

"[Luis] Valbuena's one of our most consistent players right now, so it's going to be very hard to move one of our more consistent players out of his spot."

Valbuena's hitting .237 with four homers and nine RBIs. He's played in 18 of the Cubs' 21 games. He started on Thursday hitting seventh and knocked the game-winning home run in the ninth.

---Nice to know that Val-No-Bueno is holding down the fort with Stew-Shart coming at him full steam ahead.. We have something to be proud of at third base now. Great that Dale recognizes Val as a consistant player. Boy we are in trouble with these kind of professional evaluations.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
.237 and .083 at a premier position.

And here's me thinking they did nothing to improve....how wrong I was!

My belief is that Command Central knows what they are doing, when it comes to signing players on a "rebuilding budget".
Tanking a FULL ML SEASON for the opportunity to draft Almora would just be dumb. Right ?

Can't wait to sign Stewart and Val-No-Bueno, next year also, to see what the rewards of the season hold in having another top draft pick as a result.

The best thing Command Central did last season was bring our farm system from one of the worst to one of the best after just ONE offseason.
I wonder how that happens, when NONE are even close to being ready to play at the ML level, even on this pathetic team.

Must be some good food being served at the Epstein Mansion and I guess idiots will do whatever possible to get an invitation.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Very nice to see some progression.

Stew-Shart finally has his batting average at triple digits (.100).

He has only struck out 15 times in 40 AB's, with no homeruns to date.

Will be looking forward to seeing him in Chicago soon for the run at the top draft position.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Very nice to see some progression.

Stew-Shart finally has his batting average at triple digits (.100).

He has only struck out 15 times in 40 AB's, with no homeruns to date.

Will be looking forward to seeing him in Chicago soon for the run at the top draft position.

Come on, you know you want it :fap:

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
We should just get use to Valbuena. Stewart has sucked shit in the minors thus far, plus Valbuena is better anyway.