The Idea of the Trade Down

AussieBear

I dont like the idea of trading down for the most part, but it depends on how far down you go. I rather have quality over quantity, but if the bears can only move a few spots back i dont see it as being a wash "in this draft". The only way I'd want the bears to trade down is if they could get Clevelands 12 and 19th 1st rd picks. Could the bears swap number 7 and brandon marshall or etc etc for Clevelands 12 and 19?

Its hard to peg who will start to fall after pick 5 or if a run on pass rushers or wrs will start. However, for example the Bears could end up with:

NT Malcom Brown
OLB Bud dupree

OLB Vic Beasley
NT Eddie Goldman

etc.

Minus DL Lenoard Williams, the following NTs could be available from pick 12:

Danny Shleton (The least likely to be at 12, but D Poe was taken at 11)
Malcom Brown
Eddie Goldman
Jordan Phillips
Carl Davis

OLB/DE prospects with a first round grade (someone has to be at 12 and 19):
Randy Gregory
Dante Fowler Jr
Vic Beasley
Shane Ray
Bud Dupree
Shaq Thompson (well ss/olb/rb)
Eli Harold (1st/2nd rd grade)

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The whole point of trading down is to let the other team come to you so that they overpay. Because that's the whole point of trading down. Letting them overpay so you get more assets.

It makes no sense if you actively seek to trade, in fact its flat out Special person. You lose all leverage at the bargaining table, because the other team doesn't have to trade with you.

It takes 2 teams to make a trade. This isn't Madden, kiddies.

I'll bet a million bucks the Browns won't be calling the bears asking to do that trade. The best, now most unlikely scenario for the bears to trade down is if Mariota falls to 7--which as I said, isn't looking very likely.

So keep 7 and take the BPA who will step in and be a day 1 contributor.

That fucking simple.

AussieBear

The whole point of trading down is to let the other team come to you so that they overpay. Because that's the whole point of trading down. Letting them overpay so you get more assets.

It makes no sense if you actively seek to trade, in fact its flat out Special person. You lose all leverage at the bargaining table, because the other team doesn't have to trade with you.

It takes 2 teams to make a trade. This isn't Madden, kiddies.

I'll bet a million bucks the Browns won't be calling the bears asking to do that trade. The best, now most unlikely scenario for the bears to trade down is if Mariota falls to 7--which as I said, isn't looking very likely.

So keep 7 and take the BPA who will step in and be a day 1 contributor.

That fucking simple.

overpay?

the bears 7 and second rd pick basically equal the browns 12 and 19. is that overpaying?

it might not be madden but jax is already letting the league know they want to trade down. so much for letting ppl come to you, it goes both way. your way it seem, is that you want someone to come up and overpay - this strategy is fine too.