The Middle Class is Radically Shrinking

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Pez68"]

Assuming the sheeple in this country don't vote him in again, and assuming whoever runs against him is actually an IMPROVEMENT. Two big assumptions there. Personally, I think this country has been going down the shitter for almost two decades, with a glimmer of hope during the big dot-com and real estate boom. When was the last time we had a GOOD president, that, for the most part, improved this country? Say what you want about Clinton and his blowjobs, but he was the first president in a long time to actually improve a few things while he was in office.[/quote]

Agreed - but he had a Republican Congress the last 6 years of his Presidency and that's why we enjoyed the great economic boom we had. His first 2 years the Dems had control and he was governing like Obama. Once Congress shifted in '94 to the right he adjusted his stance and position and that's when things worked well for the country. He was a good President after that.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Pez68"]

Assuming the sheeple in this country don't vote him in again, and assuming whoever runs against him is actually an IMPROVEMENT.[/quote]

I guess that implies that McCain would not have been a better choice then who is

in there right now? I know alot of people are changing their mind on the man who

professed change. Change is not always good as many are finding out.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I dislike Obama and his administration, McCain would NOT have been a better choice. Just a different choice with a list of other problems.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="jaxhawksfan"]As much as I dislike Obama and his administration, McCain would NOT have been a better choice. Just a different choice with a list of other problems.[/quote]

Anyone would have been better than Obama. He is by far the absolute worst president this country has ever seen.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Anyone would have been better than Obama. He is by far the absolute worst president this country has ever seen.[/quote]

I agree, at least for those during my lifetime. Not sure about ever.

I am stumped by anyone who thinks McCain would have been as bad as this

group in the WH. I have always stated that Obama is a made man and that

his strings are pulled from behind the curtain. He is just the puppet in the game.

When will the middle class wake up and realize that they are being wiped out

and that it really is part of the agenda? Make them all dependent on the government

so that your voting class is so large that they never get voted out.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IHF we generally agree and usually see things from the same side of the fence, but I honestly believe McCain would be just as bad for the country. Perhaps he isn't the Marxist that Obama is, but he is just another cog in the Democrat/Republican political machine. I think he spends too much time kissing the asses of his Democratic counterparts. My belief has more to do with the stranglehold that Demicans and Republicrats have on the power in the country, and less to do with McCain himself.

P.S. To say that Obama is the worst US President ever is a huge understatement. So maybe McCain wouldn't have been as bad, but he sure wouldn't have been good. I guess I just contradicted myself.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

I agree, at least for those during my lifetime. Not sure about ever.

[/quote]

Can you think of anyone worse? Carter used to hold the position as worst President but Obama has now taken that title. Granted Presidents such as Nixon, Harding, and Fillmore were pretty awful too but no where the same level as Carter and Obama.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Can you think of anyone worse? Carter used to hold the position as worst President but Obama has now taken that title. Granted Presidents such as Nixon, Harding, and Fillmore were pretty awful too but no where the same level as Carter and Obama.[/quote]

You forgot Wilson and FDR as former Presidents who changed the way America worked.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"] a made man and that

his strings are pulled from behind the curtain. He is just the puppet in the game.

[/quote]

This applies to all organized political parties.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Agreed - but he had a Republican Congress the last 6 years of his Presidency and that's why we enjoyed the great economic boom we had. His first 2 years the Dems had control and he was governing like Obama. Once Congress shifted in '94 to the right he adjusted his stance and position and that's when things worked well for the country. He was a good President after that.[/quote]

Yep. Absolutely right. Unfortunately, very rarely do we have a president and congress that oppose each other enough that both must concede to one another, and actually do what they SHOULD do, instead of what their agenda dictates. Also, the first two years you have to allow a president SOME room for error, as it cannot be easy, especially cleaning up after the idiot that was George Bush Sr. and the idiotic Gulf War.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Pez68"]

Yep. Absolutely right. Unfortunately, very rarely do we have a president and congress that oppose each other enough that both must concede to one another, and actually do what they SHOULD do, instead of what their agenda dictates. Also, the first two years you have to allow a president SOME room for error, as it cannot be easy, especially cleaning up after the idiot that was George Bush Sr. and the idiotic Gulf War.[/quote]

I'm no Obama fan but oh the irony in your last statement.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Anyone would have been better than Obama. He is by far the absolute worst president this country has ever seen.[/quote]

Hands down Nixon was the worst President the U.S. has ever had. He resigned in disgrace in August of 1974. Consumer inflation in 1974 was 11%. Yes, 11 %! By the end of 1975, unemployment was at 8.5%. Then there's that Watergate thing.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Agreed - but he had a Republican Congress the last 6 years of his Presidency and that's why we enjoyed the great economic boom we had. His first 2 years the Dems had control and he was governing like Obama. Once Congress shifted in '94 to the right he adjusted his stance and position and that's when things worked well for the country. He was a good President after that.[/quote]

Right. Under Clinton and the Republican Congress we got the gutting of the Glass-Steagall Act and the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000.

Okay in the short run, god awful in the long run. Unless of course you think Enron was not a problem and feel that unregulated derivatives such as credit default swaps are good. Think AIG.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watergate aside, everything you just listed was worse under Carter.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="jaxhawksfan"]Watergate aside, everything you just listed was worse under Carter.[/quote]

Worse yes. Comparing Nixon to Carter is like comparing the shit a dog leaves on the rug to the piss a dog leaves on the rug.

Carter was a stumbling idiot. Nixon was a criminal stumbling idiot.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="jaxhawksfan"]Watergate aside, everything you just listed was worse under Carter.[/quote]

Remember the gas rationing and having to put a lock on your gas cap? And to think Carter has the balls to blast ANY sitting President. Someone should have punched that guy in the ovaries.

ginnie

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"][/quote]

I'm not quite sure what you're saying...

That your Government wants its people to be poor and dependent on social assistance?

And being on social assistance they will want to vote for what party? Republican or Democrat?

This doesn't seem to make sense at all...

(BTW you still haven't responded to my questions in the "What Has America Become" thread.)

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="fanof19"]

Remember the gas rationing and having to put a lock on your gas cap? And to think Carter has the balls to blast ANY sitting President. Someone should have punched that guy in the ovaries.[/quote]

Yes, I remember. There was rationing under both the Carter and Nixon Administrations.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Larmer83"]

Hands down Nixon was the worst President the U.S. has ever had. He resigned in disgrace in August of 1974. Consumer inflation in 1974 was 11%. Yes, 11 %! By the end of 1975, unemployment was at 8.5%. Then there's that Watergate thing.[/quote]

It's really sad that this would be a nice improvement over what we have today.

Creature1958

Liked Posts:
[quote name="fanof19"]

Remember the gas rationing and having to put a lock on your gas cap? And to think Carter has the balls to blast ANY sitting President. Someone should have punched that guy in the ovaries.[/quote]

Not to mention his banning of lasers which hindered the advancement of this wonderful tool....Also as far as corporates go how can they explain giving millions of dollars to have naming rights to a friggin ball park and a week later lay off 2500 people???? They don't have to explain because no pressure was put on them to do so.