The next slot WR?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

• North Texas wide receiver Jaelon Darden is a dynamic, explosive threat with the football in his hands. Darden’s stature is likely to limit him to more of a complementary role in an offense, but his vertical receiving skills and ability to generate yards after contact with his slipperiness is difficult to overlook. Darden would benefit from playing in a spread offense that spaces the field and minimizes the congestion he’ll have to run through at the NFL level—and teams would be wise to implement him most often on quick “now” screens, bubbles, out breaking patterns, and targets vertically down the field. Darden, as an added bonus, has two years of primary punt return duties on his resume (2017 and 2019) and can contribute on the special teams units as an added boost to his 53-man roster outlook. Darden is a natural in making the first arriving defender miss and teams who need depth and help creating explosive plays would be wise to look his way in the middle rounds of this year’s 2021 NFL Draft.
    Ideal Role: Featured slot receiver and kick returner.
    Scheme Fit: Spread offense.
    Player Comp:
    View Premium Profile
    Draft Grade: View Premium Profile
    Click here to read Darden's full Premium 2021 NFL Draft player profile, which includes trait-by-trait analysis, prospect comparison, and player grades from the TDN Scouting Depar
    tment.

Marino’s 2021 NFL Mock Draft 1.0The Draft Network

2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report: WR Jaelon DardenThe Draft Network

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Plus there's Moore (Purdue), Moore (Ole Miss), Rodgers (Clemson), Eskridge (Western Michigan) Felton (UCLA), Toney (Florida) and Atwell (Louisville) to consider as well.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They definitely will be looking for that type wr cause they haven’t replaced Patterson unless they believe Goodwin is good enough to waste drives on lol

Bust

Liked Posts:
Antonio Brown is still unsigned

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I like Jaleon Darden and Elijah Moore. Thats it. Toney will be over drafted. This class is overrated. No one else interests me.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I like Jaleon Darden and Elijah Moore. Thats it. Toney will be over drafted. This class is overrated. No one else interests me.
Terrance Marshall? Chase, Waddle, Smith (they’ll be gone tho).

I don’t know man. Impossible to predict prospects’ future achievements, but this class is pretty loaded at WR.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
it just never ceases to amaze me

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I always feel like elusiveness is one of those skills that is least likely to translate because of the step-up in athleticism, but usually it turns out that it persists. Just in my empirical observation even mediocre pro players' elusiveness endures, there is something instinctual about it. These guys always feel safe to be contributing players provided they can stay healthy.

Like the idea, and what's more I think its realistic.