Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So I was thinking about Nagy's last two days of press conferences and can't seem to reconcile these two statements
...he went as far as to say that not only is Dalton expected to be the starter come week one against the Los Angeles Rams, but that Fields is entrenched as the No. 2 and that there will be no competition come training camp.

During the media availability on Tuesday afternoon following the team’s first day of mandatory mini camp, Nagy was asked for clarification by Marc Silverman of ESPN 1000’s Waddle and Silvy if Fields could win the starting job during camp later this summer.

“Whether it’s clarification he can’t win it? Yes, correct. Andy Dalton is our starter,” Nagy told reporters.

and

Justin Fields is the Bears’ No. 2 quarterback. And yes, the rookie will be the first choice if, hypothetically, starter Andy Dalton gets injured.
“He would be the guy,” Bears coach Matt Nagy said after Wednesday’s mandatory minicamp practice.

I mean, if the "plan" is to protect and develop Justin Fields by early observation, why would you not put in, a very similar to Dalton, Nick Foles if Dalton were to be injured? They are near the same guy, and it would allow them to stick to their "plan."

If the "plan" is to start and depth chart the QB's by merit, already having the rookie as next man up, why announce your indisputable unchallengable starter week 1 starter in June before seeing either of your new QB's in even close to real time conditions?

What it speaks to is the the "plan" is not really a plan and just a meritless ordering of players based on contracts, personal guarantees and something that "I once saw with this other guy."

You can't have a plan based on the merits of sitting a rookie QB for purposes of development, yet state with an injury, you will throw him in mid game week 1 when you have an similarly skilled QB to your starter at your disposal.

And you can't deny that the "plan" is nothing more than a meritless guarantee that was foolishly given to Andy Dalton if you slate the unproven rookie ahead of Foles, yet, before a single TC snap, so far behind the worst 2021 veteran starting QB, that the starting position is unattainable.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
do you hate Nagy more than you loved the coffee holder in Buffalo?

such a stupid thread

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have pipe. Will travel.1623938543745.png