CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Not sure I don't dip into the Baseball forums much to be honest.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Not sure I don't dip into the Baseball forums much to be honest.

ok, I'll just use by best judgement on that one.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think these talks are pretty civil. Isn't the point of message boards to discuss the different opinions?

Matthew

Liked Posts:
For those of you who completely missed my point let me clarify. I am not saying having contrasting opinions is the problem, in fact that is the entire point of a message board is to discuss different point of view. If everyone just agreed on everything this entire site would be pointless. The problem seems with many of the posters on this forum is they have a predetermined point of view on every topic be it positive or negative.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those of you who completely missed my point let me clarify. I am not saying having contrasting opinions is the problem, in fact that is the entire point of a message board is to discuss different point of view. If everyone just agreed on everything this entire site would be pointless. The problem seems with many of the posters on this forum is they have a predetermined point of view on every topic be it positive or negative.

Probably because every thread ends up in the same discussion on how everyone feels about the team

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is there a 3rd group of people...that really want to know more about hockey, but are very amateurish in the regard?

Yeah, I'm in that group.

They'll make the playoffs...after that, who knows?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
If anyone fairly criticizes a player you or Tbo break out the sunshine and rainbows claiming everything is fine and point out there is no reason to be concerned for this team because it is early.

For instance take your signature right now, "Dave Bolland for the Art Ross," just because of the recent criticism of Bolland on this board. I might add that the criticism has been warranted as well. Same went for John Scott with you and Tbo, yet give no reason for your blind support of these players.

It is textbook homerism and it is nearly as bad as what Joehawks does.

The reason for scott wasn't homerism...

I just don't get why he was getting ripped apart for not playing well when Hammer, Bolland, etc aren't performing either.

And having faith in my team that they will turn their season around isn't homerism imo

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I just don't get why he was getting ripped apart for not playing well when Hammer, Bolland, etc aren't performing either.

And having faith in my team that they will turn their season around isn't homerism imo

Some one check the temperature in Hell for me, it's probably close to freezing considering I agree with TBO on this one.

There's a difference between being a homer and knowing (or hoping, whichever you prefer) that the Hawks have the capability to play better than what they currently are.

Also, there's a difference between being realistic about this team and it's poor performance and being cynical and negative about everything associated with anything remotely related to the team.

Yeah, for the most part, JoeHawks has been pretty much right... with the exception of Stalburg, imo. But I do think there's a lot of negativity in his posts too. Far extending the extent of realism, probably a little annoying at times, but that's not to say that he's not right. There are quite a few people that need to step up, and soon, or we will be in trouble.

But let's not worry until we have to. The guys are still getting used to playing with each other to some extent. So be patient.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
The problem is that JoeHawks stated before the season that there would be major issues with this team and that the offseason was a disaster... everyone told him to **** off and that he was an idiot. Well guess what? Everything he said is pretty much spot on and that's pissing a lot of the homers off.

With all due respect - I'm calling bullshit on that one. What happened there was Mr Hawks88 was offered on multiple occasions the opportunity to describe what he would have done differently considering the cap restrictions [or in other words -given the benefit of the doubt] (and he declined the offer -or rather ignored it -multiple times) and continued (continues -is actually more apt- if you really want to get technical) running around like a kid with a loaded diaper... flitting with one "hero" to the next.

I wonder what happened to that Hjallmarsson avatar and signature???? :D

On another related note, if it matters I can drop the f bomb with the best of them - but frankly it gets old reading that, and adds zilch to the conversation. It does make working out where to apply the ignore button a lot easier though ;)

Edited: and since it came up ... speaking to the urination point ... yes, in fact guys that come in here with zero intention of talking hockey but just to stir shit up ... well that speaks for itself.

Last edited:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Exactly, and people need to realize this team hasn't been 100% healthy all year. Campbell is out, then we lose Hammer, Campbell comes back Hossa and Bolland are out. Wait till this team is 100% healthy before we start critisizing their play

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Exactly, and people need to realize this team hasn't been 100% healthy all year. Campbell is out, then we lose Hammer, Campbell comes back Hossa and Bolland are out. Wait till this team is 100% healthy before we start critisizing their play

Tonight is the first game with everybody correct?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Are people around here going to keep using injuries as an excuse? Look last year we were essentially healthy from start to finish. That is NOT the norm. Teams to overcome injuries and keep playing.. other teams aren't going to take it easy on us just because we've got a guy or two out.

I'm tired of hearing the excuses from people about why we're going to do better in the future. That's exactly what Matthew started this thread about...

Hossa and Bolland both missed significant amounts of time last year
Campbell missed what, the last 3 weeks of the season and half of the opening round?

Those are 3 big players

And we aren't saying that teams will take it easy on us, it's that I don't understand how you guys can bury the team and call this season dead when our whole team has not played one game together.

Once everyone gets back, it will take 3-5 games for everyone to get back in sync with each other, then we will really see what we have as a team.

Again, im not saying we have weaknesses, because we do...I'm just saying im not going to fully judge our team until our ENTIRE team gets some games played together

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets get back on track here boys.

Instead of yapping back and forth about he said she said, lets talk about this team.

listen, we all have our opinions....if we all felt the same than we would all be pretty bored.

Im going to stand by my opinion and I will not change my opinion until I see some results.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it is actually starting to get there.

i was a good thread to begin with and it just got dumb. *close*

Status
Not open for further replies.