The Prediction Thread: 41.5 Wins from Vegas

Fred

Liked Posts:
Attention Forum Superstarts: I'm going to refer to this thread all-year, so I would like to see your predictions on paper. Vegas has the Bulls at 41.5 wins for this season. Over/under? What is your total?

http://www.thespread.com/nba-basket...als-odds-over-under-total-team-wins-odds.html

Prediction last year, on the Doug Thonus Bulls Beat Episode 69: 39 wins.

My Prediction this year: The Under. 39 wins.

The Good: I think the chances of Hinrich and Deng missing almost half the season, as they did last year, are remote. Deng appears to be in good health...I predict he'll play in 67 games. Hinrich should play in 70+. The Bulls managed to win 41 without these key players. Salmons and Miller did not arrive until late Feb, and the team didn't jell until March and April. We now have a them for a full season, and both are solid players.

I think we'll see a solid season from Thomas and Noah. I really like what I've seen from them in the preseason, especially Noah. The key to the season is Thomas. He has superstar potential and skills. If he takes a massive jump, the Bulls could greatly surpass my expectations and approach 50, provided that the team doesn't suffer an injury to Rose.

And Rose...he should take a step, but I thought he was pretty good last year. 19 PPG, 6 assists, and some improved D looks good to me.

The Bad: We lost our leading scorer and best performer in the clutch. Ben extended the defense, he put players in foul trouble, he put us in the bonus. Most of all, he was usually our last resort when the shot clock started to run down to make something happen. That job will now always fall to Rose, and I expect a decrease in Derrick's shooting percentage because of it. In fact, I expect a decrease in the shooting percentages of Hinrich and Salmons, who will also share the increased load of contested jumpers with the shot clock approaching zero.

Ben also had a knack for scoring against the better defensive teams. He had huge games against Cleveland and the Celtics, 2 of the best defensive teams in the league last season.
http://realgm.com/src_feature/1494/20090424/the_final_nba_team_rankings_for_the_2008_09_season/
I expect to see a lot of stretches were we just can't score, especially if Derrick is in foul trouble.

For the most part, every team in the East has improved by adding players. The Bulls are one of the few who didn't really add anyone of value, outside of the draft. Improvements alone won't overcome what we've lost.

39 wins.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Always said 45 wins and I still believe that.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I gotta go with the under like Fred. 37-40 wins. I think we are a 9 or 10 seed, there are just too many more talented teams in the east. Both the Wiz and Raptors will jump us this year and Philly and Detroit are better equipped to win this year.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Under, 38 wins, 9th seed.

Won't be a complete mess thanks to having John Salmons, Brad Miller, and Kirk Hinrich all year, along with improved play from our big men, with a little Derrick Rose improvement slapped in.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Over, 42-45 wins, 6-8 seed. 1st round exit.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
1st round exit, 7th seed, and 44 -43 wins.