The real MVP trains with Quenton Nelson in the offseason

Montucky

Liked Posts:
One of the great things about the NFL is how heroes can come out of absolutely nowhere like this. Just shows how silly the prognostications and assumption everyone makes in the off-season are. Who would've the Bears would be clinging to their playoff lives and the catalyst for a late season playoff push was Sam Mustipher?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
One of the great things about the NFL is how heroes can come out of absolutely nowhere like this. Just shows how silly the prognostications and assumption everyone makes in the off-season are. Who would've the Bears would be clinging to their playoff lives and the catalyst for a late season playoff push was Sam Mustipher?
I don't know about any of that. But I do know that the name Sam Mustipher just screams NFL center and I stayed at a holiday inn express last night.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Mustipher is an example of a guy you develop over time. That’s one thing the Bears have sucked at for as long as I can remember. If you couldn’t come in on day 1 and show you could be a NFL player, you were doomed in Chicago. This is why the top organizations stay at the top. They can draft guys late and let them simmer for a season or two and plug and replace with aging, more expensive options. The Bears on the other hand have always paid aging, declining players to fix their inability to develop rookies and undrafted free agents. It’s why they have only been to one Super Bowl in what will be 40 years soon.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and interior OL is the easiest place to do that. I've been complaining about the lack of inside OL development players for years. I guess I can shut up now and I'm so happy about it. Don't get me wrong, i didn't mind drafting Daniels and Whitehair because we needed bodies there but I never want to have to draft Gs that early again. I don't mind if they're special but it should never be a huge need.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know sometimes a guy needs to develop, but the reality is that he is not a rookie, he was able to learn about the NFL last year when he spent the entire year on the Practice Squad. When we were flipping guys around from position to position and half the O-line was hurt, what took them so long to put this guy on the field?

He was on the PS until week 6!!

How much better would we have played if Mustie would have been given a shot in TC?

We had 2 guards that were playing center, and neither was doing all that well, we had a converted DT playing guard and doing terrible, but the idea that we have a guy that played center his entire college career for a big program, but we don't give him a chance until everyone else is hurt....just baffling.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Another thing worth noting is how well he and Whitehair work together in unison. Since moving back to gaurd Cody has been absolutely vaporizing defenders on the 2nd level. Id urged anyone who gives a flying fuck to watch Cody on Montys 14 yard TD run. Its one of those blocks that will give you the stink face for being so savage.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Another thing worth noting is how well he and Whitehair work together in unison. Since moving back to gaurd Cody has been absolutely vaporizing defenders on the 2nd level. Id urged anyone who gives a flying fuck to watch Cody on Montys 14 yard TD run. Its one of those blocks that will give you the stink face for being so savage.
That was pretty awesome. WHitehair was like 8 yards down the field, pancaking fools like it was going out of style

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Another thing worth noting is player evaluations on this team blows. Massie and coward have been abysmal for over a season. Last year when we were clearly out of the playoffs we could have been throwing in guys like mustipher and bars to see what we have with them instead of waiting for injuries. Why wasn’t spriggs starting earlier in the year when massie looked like dog shit. It gets to a point with some players where what do we have to lose benching them?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It also takes the right coaching staff to know when a player is ready to step in. Mustipher and Bars likely understood the nuances of the offense and could process the NFL speed, but they were not NFL ready in terms of strength. This is why keeping them on the PS last year is paying dividends now giving them time to work in the weight room.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
so if mustipher has solidified center, you have 2 guards, Ifedi can handle RT...we need a LT and depth, and can then fill other needs

msadows

Liked Posts:
so if mustipher has solidified center, you have 2 guards, Ifedi can handle RT...we need a LT and depth, and can then fill other needs

Bars/Ifedi are both interior depth. Guard depth isn't as difficult to find.

You also have the rookie(who's name escapes me right now) that got a bit of PT that i'm guessing will remain on the 53 next year. Thats 6 guys on the interior.

Leno will be back next year, I'm assuming.

Ifedi is a FA, but I can't foresee a massive market for him.

Draft a LT, cut massie, use the money you save from massie to sign Ifedi to a 2-3 year deal thats mostly frontloaded with guarantees. Let him and Bars compete for the RT job, let leno and the rook compete for the LT job.

Rookie, Daniels, Mustipher, Whitehair, Ifedi/Bars.

That could be a good solid oline for the next half decade. Everyone on that line is young.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Bars/Ifedi are both interior depth. Guard depth isn't as difficult to find.

You also have the rookie(who's name escapes me right now) that got a bit of PT that i'm guessing will remain on the 53 next year. Thats 6 guys on the interior.

Leno will be back next year, I'm assuming.

Ifedi is a FA, but I can't foresee a massive market for him.

Draft a LT, cut massie, use the money you save from massie to sign Ifedi to a 2-3 year deal thats mostly frontloaded with guarantees. Let him and Bars compete for the RT job, let leno and the rook compete for the LT job.

Rookie, Daniels, Mustipher, Whitehair, Ifedi/Bars.

That could be a good solid oline for the next half decade. Everyone on that line is young.
I dont want to sound like a broken record but if Moton is available in either free agency or the trade market that is the guy the Bears must be absolutely all over. I dont know what conditions would actually lead to him walking since the Panthers certainly have the money to keep him, but the fact that nothing is done yet does indicate a little bit that he could be a surprise departure for them.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let’s pump the brakes on the canton bust. We’ve played some very soft defenses since the bye week, including Green Bay. Not saying he’s not doing well, but perspective.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So whose been playing rt spriggs or infedi?