Thibodeau has excepted Bulls Offer

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Love your Thibs sig. IMO I think Thibodeau having the same agent is more coincidence than anything, but we'll see come July if it does mean something

thanks.

but if it is coincidence, thats good. it could help us out on getting lebron. you never know.
1sm032dunno.gif

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
New Bulls coach Thibodeau knows both sides of the ball

Offensively, Thibodeau likes to push the ball and beat the defense down the court. If that fails, he wants to run his secondary offense, based on sharing the ball and involving his post players with proper spacing and timing.

"I depended on him more for offense. I can tell you he had a lot of impact on the offense, too," said Lucas, who hired Thibodeau as an assistant with the San Antonio Spurs and Philadelphia 76ers.

Defensively, Thibodeau is a man-to-man coach focused on holding a team to a low field goal percentage, forcing the ball into the weakest offensive player's hands, protecting the lane and keeping fouls low.

"Those principles are pretty much the same that everybody uses, but not everybody can get players to do that on a continual basis. Tom can," Lucas said.

Thibodeau, a native of New Britain, Conn., played basketball at Salem State in Massachusetts. In his last two years, he averaged more than 10 points and shot better than 50% from the field.

His reputation as a defensive wizard grew with New York. In the 2000-01 season, the Knicks set a then-NBA record by holding 33 consecutive opponents to fewer than 100 points.

Thibodeau's teams are regularly among the top 10 defensively. In six of the last seven seasons, he has helped his teams finish in the top two in field goal percentage allowed.

"He watches an uncountable amount of film," Celtics forward Kevin Garnett said. "He's a worker. He's a guy that loves his job. He does it with passion. If he is not with us next year, he's well deserving of it as well as anybody else on our coaching staff."

Link

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
imagine his defensive scheme to complement the offensive firepower of rose,noah,lebron,and bosh

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
yeah, i really think he can teach rose how to play better defense.

from what i hear he is a fiery guy.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Im actually familiar with the college he attended. Its right where Marblehead and Salem meet, if its what Im thinking of.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
thibs?