Things To Watch; Bears vs Broncos

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm really interested to see how the defense reacts to Osweiler(sp?). Do we amp up the pressure? Do we amp up the coverage and hope that his inexperience makes him self-destruct?

And I'm really interested to see how Adam Gase will work a gameplan to help Cutler and Langford get some early success, and how we adjust to how Denver's D adjusts. Adjusting to the adjustments, man!

In my mind, this is going to be the most Chess-like game we've played. Ultimately it's on the players to perform, but I'm really interested to see what our coaches do, and how they adjust.

They word of the day is... "adjust"

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fun fact: Not only is this going to be Jay Cutler's first time playing against the Denver Broncos...after this game he will have played against all 32 NFL teams.

EDIT: As in regular season play.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Fun fact: Not only is this going to be Jay Cutler's first time playing against the Denver Broncos...after this game he will have played against all 32 NFL teams.

EDIT: As in regular season play.

giphy.gif

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
LOL at the defense "made Gurly look girly" .... :lol:

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm really interested to see how the defense reacts to Osweiler(sp?). Do we amp up the pressure? Do we amp up the coverage and hope that his inexperience makes him self-destruct?

And I'm really interested to see how Adam Gase will work a gameplan to help Cutler and Langford get some early success, and how we adjust to how Denver's D adjusts. Adjusting to the adjustments, man!

In my mind, this is going to be the most Chess-like game we've played. Ultimately it's on the players to perform, but I'm really interested to see what our coaches do, and how they adjust.

They word of the day is... "adjust"

Blitz the fuck outta him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Blitz the fuck outta him.

I'm sure the Bears will send some blitzes but I doubt Denver will be surprised by this. They'll move him out of the pocket, work the screen game, short routes etc.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Bears will send some blitzes but I doubt Denver will be surprised by this. They'll move him out of the pocket, work the screen game, short routes etc.

Good point. I heard Brock looked good last week when he took over for Manning. Hopefully he sucks.

Gonna be nice to see the Bears back at Chicago. Last weeks game was nice but I fucking hate domes so much.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Good point. I heard Brock looked good last week when he took over for Manning. Hopefully he sucks.

Gonna be nice to see the Bears back at Chicago. Last weeks game was nice but I fucking hate domes so much.

Soldier Field will go nuts with a Bears win. 5-5, bitches.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just glad Brock got some time for tape.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Good job Mongo!

To add, This is Cutler's first career game against Denver so Im sure he may have a little chip on the should as Fox will.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
There's no real stat that indicates how often defensive players are running loose in our back-field, but these two highlight how good we've been.

As of right now, Pernell McPhee is still listed as questionable... he is leading the team in sacks and pressures.

How is it we have a stat that tells how many times McPhee could generate pressure, but no stat for how many times Cutler's been pressured?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
How is it we have a stat that tells how many times McPhee could generate pressure, but no stat for how many times Cutler's been pressured?

First, my comment wasn't about Jay. It was about the play of the line. Second, who said there wasn't a stat that indicates QB pressures? My comment doesn't even discuss "pressures".

I wrote: "There's no real stat that indicates how often defensive players are running loose in our back-field, but these two highlight how good we've been."

There is no "running loose in the backfield" stat.

If there was, I think it would have to sum: RB TFL's, Missed TFL's, sacks, hits and hurries.

You know a place that has that stat?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
First, my comment wasn't about Jay. It was about the play of the line. Second, who said there wasn't a stat that indicates QB pressures? My comment doesn't even discuss "pressures".

I wrote: "There's no real stat that indicates how often defensive players are running loose in our back-field, but these two highlight how good we've been."

There is no "running loose in the backfield" stat.

If there was, I think it would have to sum: RB TFL's, Missed TFL's, sacks, hits and hurries.

You know a place that has that stat?

I always wondered. When an offense sets up a screen where they let the pass rush through to the QB to set them up for the screen... does that count as a pressure?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I always wondered. When an offense sets up a screen where they let the pass rush through to the QB to set them up for the screen... does that count as a pressure?

A pressure or hurry generally only counts statistically if the QB has to throw the ball earlier than he wants to or has to move around to avoid a sack.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They have Thomas and Sanders but haven't been able to effectively go over the top this year, wasting a big part of their skill set. If we start blitzing, they are going to try to take advantage of those one on ones. I think Osweiler will get to sink or swim. We'll need to pick our spots and I expect the Broncos to try and take advantage of a stronger arm which could go good or bad for them.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
BroncosBud is doing a bang up job. Way smarter than most Broncos fans.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
They have Thomas and Sanders but haven't been able to effectively go over the top this year, wasting a big part of their skill set. If we start blitzing, they are going to try to take advantage of those one on ones. I think they Osweiler will get to sink or swim. We'll need to pick our spots and I expect the Broncos to try and take advantage of a stronger arm which could go good or bad for them.
I think you blitz their offensive line with a bunch of zone cover 3 variations with a little cover 1 sprinkled in. Blitzing and dropping 8 will keep them off balanced. Also a spy ILB on run downs will help against the play action and rollouts.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They'll pick their spots to add pressure but don't expect jail breaks on normal down and distances. Last I checked, there's only 11 players.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Long needs to talk Von Miller into coming to Chicago next year:)