This is what I feared, the nfl is getting way too involved in players lives

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had to "pick my own switch" a few times from ages 7-11. The switch never was on my bare skin tough and always on my ass or upper back thighs. I remember having welts but no broken skin as a result off the switching. That was the standard punishment from my grandma. When my parents found out they put an end to it though as they had the policy of "no one hits our kids, that's our job!" Lol. My parents never used a switch though. Belts, openhanded spankings, wooden spoon (once) and one time when I knew I had it coming I put on 10 pairs of underware so I got a fly swatter to the back of the legs instead.

My policy has on spanking has always been to spank with an open hand to the butt after a 10 second break. To me the break was vital for a few reasons 1) ensure that this really called for a spanking 2) ensured I was calm 3) to talk about what he just did and why it wasn't acceptable. Spankings were not for everything though and I only remember giving 4 to my son. Many times my son would be laying on my lap ready for a spanking while I talked to him about what he had done and I would realize the point was made and change the punishment to a restriction or loss of toy/activity. Spankings stopped at age 11.

AP didn't discipline. He injured. That's not teaching, correcting or even parenting. It's abuse.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I totally agree that's not a way to treat a 4 year old, I'm sorry I got the facts wrong. I guess the real question is this more acceptable to disciple an older child?
There is no age that leaving cuts and marks for disciplinary action is acceptable no matter how bad the kid is behaving.

Seriously, what parent in their right mind would ever think its ok to physically or mentally hurt their child and im talking more then a single smack on the ass to get their attention.

There other ways to punish and discipline your kids to get the message across then to seriously hurt them enough to leave marks.

As a parent you love your children and never want any harm to come to them, youd die for their safety..
Any parent that feels it ok to hurt their kid to a point where it leaves open wounds and marks is not a loving, caring parent

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok the original report I saw said the incident occurred with his 11 yr old son, I'm sorry I guess I didn't get the facts straight

How did you simultaneously "see the original pictures" and "not know it was not an 11 year old son"?

You saw reports that referenced his 11 year old son? Seriously? Where?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This whole thread

a) was started by someone who didn't have the facts about the beating,
and

b) references "the NFL" in the title, when the league isn't involved at all (at this point) in the AP situation.

AP was not (yet) disciplined by the league. He was deactivated by the team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still have yet to see any pictures(not that I care to), or a police report on what injuries the kid suffered. All that is being discussed is speculation. ANd in an age where every media outlet and so-called "rights" organizations only try and sensationalize what actually happened. Nowadays, people will come after you if you yell at your kid, slap their bottom, or slap their hands.Trouble is that they then marginalize people who actually are abusive to kids.

A guy told me today that AP used a switch on the kids "package" to punish him. I seriously doubt that but people fell free to exaggerate or downright lie about shit. Hell, this shit goes on right here on message boards.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAwK, AP didn't use the switch on his kids package. He was hitting the kid with the switch and got him in the nuts when it wrapped around his inner thigh.

For everyone , like me who was switched as a kid- you really need to see the pictures. AP was bringing the heat on the four-year-old. Again it wasn't parenting, It was a abuse

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
HAwK, AP didn't use the switch on his kids package. He was hitting the kid with the switch and got him in the nuts when it wrapped around his inner thigh.

For everyone , like me who was switched as a kid- you really need to see the pictures. AP was bringing the heat on the four-year-old. Again it wasn't parenting, It was a abuse

I saw the pictures of the the alleged ap abuse, they look nothing worse then a spanking. I really hope his career isn't ruined over this, to me it looks like he spanked his child, nothing worse. I have a feeling the nfl has to make an example of him merely because of the timing. I'm sorry of this post offends anyone, it's not my intent at all.

Would it be OK to hit your wife with a switch if she did something you didn't like? I didn't think so. An adult's critical thinking skills, as well as their comprehension and self discipline, is far ahead of a child's. So why is it OK to hit your child, if it isn't OK to hit your wife? (We all know it is OK for a wife to hit her husband, we laugh about it and ignore the cycle of violence we find ourselves in as a society due to it).

The truth of the matter is both are wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk