This season is over

Toast88

Liked Posts:
And that's entirely the point. This is a poorly coached team. Compared to what the Vikings are doing? The Bears are more talented than the Vikings Williams is better than Darnold. But because there's a competent offensive scheme in Minnesota they're killing it.
How cool would it be to see an open receiver in the middle of the field every now and then?

Other teams do it all the time—even shitty ones. Bears? Never.

Hell, even Matt fucking Nagy schemed guys open on the regular. Trubisky just couldn’t get it to them.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Unless Caleb turns out to be good relatively quickly Waldron‘s downfall will be his inability to scheme up a rushing attack. It’s the Bears. We suck, but we at least run the ball well. People won’t put up with that shit.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The SB Champion 2001 Patriots started 1-3.

Fucking no nothing cry babies!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jeez.....you people

Keeping fields and drafting caleb at 1.1 was NEVER an option

Gice up these scenarios
You people?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
There's no rhyme or reason to the coordination of their offense. I don't know what run game scheme they're trying to run but it looks like a highly incompetent attempt at some sort of zone scheme that makes no sense.
I don't know enough about run fits but going from 1-10 to 2-14 from a running play is embarrassing.

If I truly have nothing to do over lunch, I'll probably look at the box score to get a better idea of how inept the team looks in first down.

On the positive side, Williams looked far better slinging the ball than he did the last two weeks. Maybe it has something to do with needing to get 12 yards in two plays instead of 10 yards in 3.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
It’s hard to understand how the Bears could be so bad at hiring coaches. It seems clear to me that the best way in the modern game is to hire a bright offensive mind as your HC so you can keep hold of them and their offensive scheme.

Re-tread OCs rarely work, we are seeing why the Seahawks weren’t bothered about keeping Waldron. If you look at the SB winning teams for the last decade it’s Reid, McVay and Brady who was basically his own OC.

Retaining Eberflus was a terrible, inexcusable decision. Poles has done good things building the roster but that call showed real weakness. Flus’ in game management is as bad as anything I’ve ever seen. He wastes precious TO’s pretty much every week due to rank incompetence.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The second we decided to go with a rookie QB, this season was “over”. That said, this season is all about developing that QB and seeing if we finally got it right. And for that reason, it’s definitely not over.

Playoffs would be awesome, but we were never a contender this year. Success this year is seeing if we got a solid core of players where we can hopefully contend next year.

The likely misstep, which pretty much everyone will agree, is that we didn’t align Caleb with a new HC. Flus being fired could possibly push us another year out.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s hard to understand how the Bears could be so bad at hiring coaches. It seems clear to me that the best way in the modern game is to hire a bright offensive mind as your HC so you can keep hold of them and their offensive scheme.
It’s just really hard to know how much ownership each coaching has over their team’s success. For example, you can hire an assistant under McVay as your OC… and maybe it’ll work. Admittedly, it seems the odds are strong minus Waldron. But the Bears did try this with Nagy and it looked good for a bit, then fizzled. We can hire the next guy, but who knows how it’ll go if they have no play calling experience?

The thing is the Bears are losers. The players and everyone here is just used to losing. The entire city is desperate and panic-y. The players hear the noise when everyone starts slinging blame. Without a foundation of a winning culture, it’s hard not to be doom and gloom the second adversity hits. Just look at all the cunting in here. Turning around losers isn’t easy. I think you need to build up the roster to the point where it’s decently talented and then you inject the last bit of life by getting a new coach. In that sense, Flus would be sacrificed like Fields was. But, giving a coach a team they can actually win with is good cause it allows job security… and that leads to continuity. Successful teams have less moving pieces in key places. (Of course, all easier said than done)

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The second we decided to go with a rookie QB, this season was “over”. That said, this season is all about developing that QB and seeing if we finally got it right. And for that reason, it’s definitely not over.

Playoffs would be awesome, but we were never a contender this year. Success this year is seeing if we got a solid core of players where we can hopefully contend next year.

The likely misstep, which pretty much everyone will agree, is that we didn’t align Caleb with a new HC. Flus being fired could possibly push us another year out.
The only ppl I remember talking about playoffs or even coming close to it were Fields' Stans. They "sold" this idea to themselves. Because JF's last year was a 7 win season - and the Bears were moving on - then the next QB better win more than that!

Couple that with having the best WR room on paper, and it was going to blow up in their face.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only ppl I remember talking about playoffs or even coming close to it were Fields' Stans. They "sold" this idea to themselves. Because JF's last year was a 7 win season - and the Bears were moving on - then the next QB better win more than that!

Couple that with having the best WR room on paper, and it was going to blow up in their face.
Yea, people who wanted to keep him kind of set an unfair bar for Caleb to meet based on what they assume Fields could’ve achieved.

But to be fair, I thought and still think the Bears can make the playoffs. It’s not my biggest need for the season, but would be nice to get the team playoff experience… even a 1 and done. I admit I’m a biased fan though with Hope looking through rose-colored glasses. Again though, those aren’t minimum expectations for me to consider this season a success.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Eh I looked into the play by play and it is more of a mixed bag on first down. My previous comment is based on impression but the stat sheet doesnt exactly hold out. What is instead happening according to the play by play is that this team surrenders a down most of the time that it runs. It just isn't a first down thing - it is more of a second down thing (and of course in scoring position) that forces Caleb to pass this teaminto a new set of downs.

Which, hey, lines up with our general recollection of things and that tweet cited above. I just have to step back from a claim of going from 1st-10 to 2nd-14.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

😂 Wut? National media was saying that about the bears. Are you saying they're fields stans?

msadows

Liked Posts:
How cool would it be to see an open receiver in the middle of the field every now and then?

Other teams do it all the time—even shitty ones. Bears? Never.

Hell, even Matt fucking Nagy schemed guys open on the regular. Trubisky just couldn’t get it to them.

Caleb would just overthrow the wide open guy, unfortunately. Maybe by week 10 when the season is over he will start hitting those.

greg23

Liked Posts:
🤣 Bro, STFU since you completely missed the point
"If they wanted to keep Flus, then they should've never traded Justin and just forced Caleb on the bench to start his career."

What's the point?

They obviously wanted to keep fluberbus

either way; keeping Fields and drafting caleb was never an option.....yet here you are