This season is over

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
There is zero offense. Kiran Amedajie? 🤣🤣🤣

Why did they draft him?

Velus Jones Jr? Why did they draft him and why does he remain on the roster?

Why do sports talk radio hosts in Seattle know more about Shane Waldron as a potential offensive coordinator than the Bears GM and head coach?

Where's the offensive line depth?

I don't know when it will happen but Ryan Poles will eventually being fired. I'd advocate for the end of this year but Caleb Williams probably gets him more time.

But this is embarrassing.
I expected to see some firings today. Guess the Bears aren't that worried. I'm not worried, they will be what I thought they'd be. Barely able to field a competitive team.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Honestly, if you think it was somehow possible that the Bears would draft Caleb Williams #1 overall but still keep Justin Fields as some placeholder for Williams then you’re lost and don’t get how sports work..

Justin Fields isn’t some 10 year vet who is going to be a placeholder for a rookie. He would demand a trade and the locker room would be a mess. And what’s the point anyway? What if Fields plays well? You think a team is going to use a #1 overall on a QB and just keep him as a backup? That’s not ever happening.

It’s dumb to even speculate because Fields and his agent would be demanding a trade immediately. He is in his fourth year. This isn’t Joe Flacco or Alex Smith holding it down for the new guy. He has aspirations beyond being a placeholder for Caleb Williams and the Chicago Bears. To think that would somehow work is laughable and shows a lack of understanding on how this stuff works. It makes me lose respect for any opinion you have overall because you more than likely lack critical thinking skills.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Honestly, if you think it was somehow possible that the Bears would draft Caleb Williams #1 overall but still keep Justin Fields as some placeholder for Williams then you’re lost and don’t get how sports work..

Justin Fields isn’t some 10 year vet who is going to be a placeholder for a rookie. He would demand a trade and the locker room would be a mess. And what’s the point anyway? What if Fields plays well? You think a team is going to use a #1 overall on a QB and just keep him as a backup? That’s not ever happening.

It’s dumb to even speculate because Fields and his agent would be demanding a trade immediately. He is in his fourth year. This isn’t Joe Flacco or Alex Smith holding it down for the new guy. He has aspirations beyond being a placeholder for Caleb Williams and the Chicago Bears. To think that would somehow work is laughable and shows a lack of understanding on how this stuff works. It makes me lose respect for any opinion you have overall because you more than likely lack critical thinking skills.

Yes it was possible.

JF1 can cry as much as he wants, we just wasted a season with a talented roster waiting on a guy to develop.

You should have signed a placeholder like darnold then, its clear williams is not ready even though the cockscuker fed us the fact he's ready all offseason.

Williams in the long run will end up good but we are losing games because of him right now.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yes it was possible.

JF1 can cry as much as he wants, we just wasted a season with a talented roster waiting on a guy to develop.

You should have signed a placeholder like darnold then, its clear williams is not ready even though the cockscuker fed us the fact he's ready all offseason.

Williams in the long run will end up good but we are losing games because of him right now.
Honestly, it's really your own fault for having those expectations with a rookie QB and entirely new offense. Don't blame who "fed it to you".

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Yes it was possible.

He is not contributing to them winning. I wouldn’t say he’s single handedly losing them games though. This comes with the territory. Having Sam Darnold does nothing for the long term success of this franchise. You have to allow Williams to go through his growing pains and come out on the other side. Your thinking is short sighted and reactive.

Besides all that it’s obvious as day you are a huge Fields guy and didn’t want Williams so you’re going out of your way to be overly critical of him. Every post is you bashing him and ignoring the fact that he is a rookie in his 3rd start. I mean Sam Darnold. Are you fucking kidding me? And that‘s also creature of the moment after the fact thinking on your end and not fair or realistic. Up until the last 3 weeks and his revival in Minnesota he had been considered a huge bust. And now you’re acting like it was some no brainer to sign him. Nobody wanted Sam Darnold other than to be a backup or a possible placeholder. Caleb Williams doesn’t need a placeholder and having one is only pushing back the inevitable growing pains he would have to go through at some point anyway. I also doubt a 3 game sample of Darnold being good proves he’s taken some next step anyway. Would anybody really be surprised if he fell on his face the rest of the season?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Well, to be fair to Kmet on that play, he gave CW almost 4 seconds to throw and he didn't, he hopped three times before it was swatted out of his hand.

IDK. Maybe I need to watch the play again but this can’t be true. It looked like Latu beat him immediately and was on Williams very quickly.

jc456

Liked Posts:
IDK. Maybe I need to watch the play again but this can’t be true. It looked like Latu beat him immediately and was on Williams very quickly.
Yeah, do that. Perhaps it was close to four but not quite. 84 and Kmet both hit him at the line, there's at least 1.x second of time, and then Kmet kept him out of the pocket for the other 2 seconds until he got around him on the outside, which is the correct place to block Latu to. And remember, it was on our own ten yard line. four seconds is huge timeframe. BTW, 84 was standing ten feet away wide open looking at him, if CW moves up in the pocket gets him more time. There's a lot there. Counting CW, there were nine Bears in the backfield. Count them. Only two out in the route, there can't be that much to look over.

1727108147682.png

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Yeah, do that. The left tackle and Kmet both hit him at the line, there's at least 2 seconds of time, and then Kmet kept him out of the pocket for the other 2 seconds until he got around him on the outside, which is the correct place to block Latu to. And remember, it was on our own ten yard line. four seconds is huge timeframe.

I just did. You’re exaggerating big time. You’re implying that was a coverage sack caused by Williams holding the ball too long when it wasn’t. Latu beat Kmet very quickly and was on Williams. I‘m not sitting here with a stop watch timing how long it took, but it definitely wasn’t “almost 4 seconds.” Or whatever bullshit narrative you’re trying to push.

I’ll be fair and acknowledge when a guy is holding the ball too long. Williams has defintely done it at times and hurt the team. What you’re doing is disingenuous though. There is no way anybody would watch that play and come to the conclusion that Williams held the ball too long. I can’t respect your opinion if you’re trying to push nonsense like this

jc456

Liked Posts:
I just did. You’re exaggerating big time. You’re implying that was a coverage sack caused by Williams holding the ball too long when it wasn’t. Latu beat Kmet very quickly and was on Williams. I‘m not sitting here with a stop watch timing how long it took, but it definitely wasn’t “almost 4 seconds.” Or whatever bullshit narrative you’re trying to push.

I’ll be fair and acknowledge when a guy is holding the ball too long. Williams has defintely done it at times and hurt the team. What you’re doing is disingenuous though. There is no way anybody would watch that play and come to the conclusion that Williams held the ball too long. I can’t respect your opinion if you’re trying to push nonsense like this
I posted the time of play at 3 seconds, and he hopped three times.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it was possible.

nah, wouldn't have worked. This locker room would have been divided.

I'm still not buying that Fields wins based on our line, and coaching. I actually think Caleb has done relatively well. The accuracy thing is a little baffling, but I see it being fixed as he settles down.

People around here want to play both sides of the argument for arguments sake, but Fields is not a part of this team..doesn't fucking matter. I loved Fields, but not sure he would be doing any better on this team.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, to be fair to Kmet on that play, he gave CW almost 4 seconds to throw and he didn't, he hopped three times before it was swatted out of his hand.
Yeah. I actually put that one on Caleb. The hero ball thing is real. When he got to work and methodically made his way up the field with short yardage throws and short runs, i thought he looked great. But you could tell he was trying to win the game on that one. looking for a big chunk. I'm not mad at him for trying, but he was so locked in on going down the field he didn't sense the pressure.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No it was a play action pass so the first two seconds were the play fake and then set up to pass.

You don't scheme your TE to block their best pass rusher on play action.