This season is over

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Yeah. I actually put that one on Caleb. The hero ball thing is real. When he got to work and methodically made his way up the field with short yardage throws and short runs, i thought he looked great. But you could tell he was trying to win the game on that one. looking for a big chunk. I'm not mad at him for trying, but he was so locked in on going down the field he didn't sense the pressure.
Agreed---I think Williams is fine sticking with the script and methodically moving the ball downfield in small chunks, but he gets frustrated when they get behind & things aren't working, and he tries to get it all back on one throw.

He deserves a share of the critiquing, for sure, but it's clear he's being hampered in those moments by the coaching staff. You can visibly tell when he wants to go, go, go, and the coaching staff is like, "Wut? Derrr, what's the next play?"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed---I think Williams is fine sticking with the script and methodically moving the ball downfield in small chunks, but he gets frustrated when they get behind & things aren't working, and he tries to get it all back on one throw.

He deserves a share of the critiquing, for sure, but it's clear he's being hampered in those moments by the coaching staff. You can visibly tell when he wants to go, go, go, and the coaching staff is like, "Wut? Derrr, what's the next play?"

I dont even know that it is when he gets behind. He just prefers big plays and it is probably a constant struggle for him to just be content with a 5 yard gain.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow, you guys are in mid-season dick ripping form....

I'm just going to wait and see how this next week plays out.

This was a rookie quarterback in a brand new offense where everyone on that offense is also learning the scheme.

I remember back in 2004 when Lovie Smith took over and up until the last four games the defense looked like hot garbage because no one was trusting the people they needed to trust and everyone was over committing in their positions. Last four games everything finally clicks and the defense looked like it was super bowl ready.

Definitely not saying that this is a super bowl offense by any stretch, but just saying that it takes more than just an off-season and a training camp to get everyone on the same page and then you throw a rookie quarterback into the mix.

After seeing Lucas Patrick playing well elsewhere I'm instead looking straight at Chris Morgan and wondering what the fuck he's doing as the offensive line coach and why did we keep him.

But the last couple series of the indie game, they finally found something where other than some of the "too cute" plays here and there to Moore and Swift, they pounded the ball with rojo and Caleb was completing a lot of passes underneath including the coordinator properly utilizing Kmet as a safety valve for Williams.

To me, if they roll out against the Rams and use those last two series as a blueprint moving forward for the offense, and build out of that, then we still have a shot and it's possible for the offense to improve by the time we get to the divisional games.

However if Waldron is like some of these other narcissists and just has to prove he's the smartest guy on the field by running away from success like Nagy and Getsy before him, then yes, we are thoroughly fucked for the season.

And I suspect Flus Will be out at the end of it

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Here were the worst/dumbest options for Williams this year

1) sitting him for no reason behind rb1 (your suggested option)

2) sitting him for no reason behind another vet

3) sitting him behind another vet because he looks completely lost (he clearly doesn't)

Carry on
FFS you're insanely stupid. If you keep the coach, you expect to take a step forward, That typically doesn't happen with a rookie. So you sit him to let him develop. Derp.

If you're gonna let him start, you rip the band-aid off and clean house.

The fact that you are advocating for the same failed principles the bears always use for a rookie QB proves that your IQ is less than your pants size.

It's crazy that this even had to be explained to you

greg23

Liked Posts:
FFS you're insanely stupid. If you keep the coach, you expect to take a step forward, That typically doesn't happen with a rookie. So you sit him to let him develop. Derp.

If you're gonna let him start, you rip the band-aid off and clean house.

The fact that you are advocating for the same failed principles the bears always use for a rookie QB proves that your IQ is less than your pants size.

It's crazy that this even had to be explained to you
Man you're a moron

The only thing I said; in response to your ridiculous scenarios; was...in no way shape or form.....with or without the Fluberbus....was this organization keeping rb1 as the starter while also drafting caleb.williams at 1.1 and then sit him on the bench.

But keep trying to spin your narratives

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Man you're a moron

The only thing I said; in response to your ridiculous scenarios; was...in no way shape or form.....with or without the Fluberbus....was this organization keeping rb1 as the starter while also drafting caleb.williams at 1.1 and then sit him on the bench.

But keep trying to spin your narratives
FFS, still missing the point. Let it go. You've already proven your stupidity

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yes it was possible.

JF1 can cry as much as he wants, we just wasted a season with a talented roster waiting on a guy to develop.

You should have signed a placeholder like darnold then, its clear williams is not ready even though the cockscuker fed us the fact he's ready all offseason.

Williams in the long run will end up good but we are losing games because of him right now.
No, it wasn't. It's stupid to think it was.