This Team Needs A Trade

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Outside of a select few players our team has become complacent with there play. It starts with a few players being lazy on the ice and that becomes contagious to were nearly the entire team is coasting and not mentally in the game. Bickell, Brouwer, Seabrook, and Stalberg are the players that stick out when I am talking about not playing at full speed every shift. Coach Quenneville and Jonathan Toews both stated after last nights huge let down that it start with a couple players taking shifts off and that breeds into the whole team.

Dave Bolland has be awful this season but still retains good trade value and Troy Brouwer has been one of the laziest players on this team all season and if he wants a pay increase after this season I would not deem him worth it. Package both those guys and make a trade to shake up the locker room. This shows the players that under performing and not playing full speed every shift is simply going to not be tolerated on this team.

I hear the same thing after every loss, "we know we're a good team and we just need to play a full 60 minuets." I mean that is what our captain says after every game. To me he is saying some players have talent and don't play the entire game because they are lazy, but it is the politically correct way of expressing that. I agree with him, everyone should be playing like Skille, Toews, and Dowell in giving the best effort every single shift of every single game.

Time for a shake up in the locker room and send the message that we only want players that are willing to do anything to win.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3rd most goals allowed in the West behind Anaheim & Edmonton.

Only 5 points up on the Wild, who are 13th.

But hey, everything is sunshine & rainbows, amirite X-Factor?

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I can't see it happening.

Who would want that package? I think the team is stuck with those guys, in just the same way they were stuck with Huet.

It is looking a little tough. Although I should add, - it is *their* problem, they get paid good money, and if they want to be an embarrassment -then that is something that *they* have to live with.

Plus on the Sunshine and Rainbows side of things ... they at least are still winning consistently - of course that might only be Scott winning fights - but hey, if you have been a Hawk fan any amount of time at all - sometimes -it just goes that way. :)

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't see it happening.

Who would want that package? I think the team is stuck with those guys, in just the same way they were stuck with Huet.

It is looking a little tough. Although I should add, - it is *their* problem, they get paid good money, and if they want to be an embarrassment -then that is something that *they* have to live with.

Plus on the Sunshine and Rainbows side of things ... they at least are still winning consistently - of course that might only be Scott winning fights - but hey, if you have been a Hawk fan any amount of time at all - sometimes -it just goes that way. :)

Yeah, I'm in the same style of thinking here. I think I laid it out a couple of months ago trade-wise.

Granted, things can change by the time we get to the deadline as the teams that have cash and very little cap space will have some more cap space available to them.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact is, this team is completely screwed with cap issues.

Yeah, and we were lucky Rocky approved flipping the monster bill to play Huet in Europe.

Just think of what other young guns who would have to be learning the speed of the NHL game on-the-job if a combination of Sharp/Bolland (yeah, he's been bad, but coming into this offseason we'd all have to admit having high hopes for him)/Seabrook had to be traded because Rocky didn't want eat a Huet.

Edit: And why oh why couldn't Keith have earned the Smythe? :x

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Iago -what are you doing, going for the Vincent Price award ..given out for scary scenarios... just think... shaky goaltending half the time and even less NHL ready talent -sounds like the Kansas City Royals of ice hockey.

:blech:

HAWKS N CUBS

Liked Posts:
Get rid of turco he sucks, then seabrook he sucks too, send stalberg to rockford, morin should stay, seabrook blew the game against the avs who skates backwards and lets a guy shoot the puck, coach q should have taken his time out after that goal when it was 5-5.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Get rid of turco he sucks, then seabrook he sucks too, send stalberg to rockford, morin should stay, seabrook blew the game against the avs who skates backwards and lets a guy shoot the puck, coach q should have taken his time out after that goal when it was 5-5.

this guy for head coach.

:D

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:turrible:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

in one of your posts you stated you have been watching the hawks for 48 years. something :shifty:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iago -what are you doing, going for the Vincent Price award ..given out for scary scenarios... just think... shaky goaltending half the time and even less NHL ready talent -sounds like the Kansas City Royals of ice hockey.

:blech:

Vincent_Price_11.jpg

Sissy stache, but shares a resemblance to Q lately.

vpmk.jpg

Very scary!