This Wasn't Jed's Finest Moment

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I've said a lot of negative things. I have been railing on the Cubs in the THeo tenure on how they relied way too much on .OPS and it killed the team in the playoffs when they faced elite pitching.

So far from Hoyer I don't have a lot of negative things to say because I see him learning from the previous regime. The pitching in the minors is vastly improved, the hitting is much more balanced through the system, etc...

Was Mancini and Hosmer a miss? You bet! But they were signed in a way where they can be moved on from mid season and not effect the future. And objectively speaking the Cubs had the best off season in the MLB, this is why I reference the total WAR they signed as this is objective evidence.

And I am giving Taillon a break because the Cubs forced a new pitch on him and it drastically increased is walk rate. And his last few outings were bad because of one bad inning. I think he's generally turned the corner and is reliable.
I actually agree taillon will probably end up what he was signed to be over the course of his contract and it won't look too bad at the end of year 4. We'll see