Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Starlin Castro is now the longest tenured Cub in the organization.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
:yeah:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro is now the longest tenured Cub in the organization.

Him and Samardzija were both acquired in 2006, Fisch :smug:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Him and Samardzija were both acquired in 2006, Fisch :smug:

If we are going by that then Welington Castillo has been in the organization longer since he was signed in 2004 (along with Rafael Dolis) :smug:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If we are going by that then Welington Castillo has been in the organization longer since he was signed in 2004 (along with Rafael Dolis) :smug:

Dude... was Castillo signed when he was still a fetus?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude... was Castillo signed when he was still a fetus?

Dude Castillo is 26. Again this is helpful to remember when we were talking about Latin American kids being signed. Most of them are five plus years away. On that note you constantly forget just how young Starlin Castro is since he has been in the league for four years now. He is still the youngest player on the team by three days over Junior Lake.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude Castillo is 26. Again this is helpful to remember when we were talking about Latin American kids being signed. Most of them are five plus years away. On that note you constantly forget just how young Starlin Castro is since he has been in the league for four years now. He is still the youngest player on the team by three days over Junior Lake.

Doesn't matter Castro has been in the league for 4 years. He has reached his peak!!!!:troll:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro for the month of July

.318 AVG
.375 OBP
.477 slugging.

He is over .250 now and is playing all around solid ball.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Castillo was blocked in AAA for 2 years by Soto.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castillo was blocked in AAA for 2 years by Soto.

I don't know about blocked. He was blocked I guess, but he wasn't ready either. His defense and calling a game had a ways to go then.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya but even with all that he has to be one of best catchers at picking guys off of 1B. Swear seems like a common thing with him. I can accept a lack of O early in his career as long as he is progressing more so as a catcher and making his staff better. Look a Molina, early on couldn't hit but was a top ended catcher. Now he is a great hitter on top of that. I want to see that progression. He has the tools to do it. He lacks the years of experience.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya but even with all that he has to be one of best catchers at picking guys off of 1B. Swear seems like a common thing with him. I can accept a lack of O early in his career as long as he is progressing more so as a catcher and making his staff better. Look a Molina, early on couldn't hit but was a top ended catcher. Now he is a great hitter on top of that. I want to see that progression. He has the tools to do it. He lacks the years of experience.

Dale Sveum made similar comments. He said Castillo had the hands to be a real good hitter. He says with young catchers. It takes time because they focus on defense so much that when they get it right. They start working on their hitting. Knowing how to call games for a staff and defense behind the plate take precedent over hitting in a young catchers career. Castillo is 26 but has only played catcher like 4 or 5 years. I have always been behind Castillo. Old CBS guys know that. I see a lil yadi in him and that's good sign to me.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

.318 AVG
.375 OBP
.477 slugging.

Thanks - many fail to recognize a player hitting well for any amount of time if he starts poorly. Here's hoping he keeps it up in August.

He has hit well in his two full years in the bigs, and hot poorly for 2 1/2 months. People tend to overreact a bit.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

.318 AVG
.375 OBP
.477 slugging.

That's impossible Castro hit his peak and we'd be lucky to get a bag of balls for him :troll:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why would it worry you that the longest tenured player was only here 3 years?

Who was here 4 years ago that you miss?

It excites me that we have all new faces.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt Theo, Hoyer, and their staff are making it their team. All we can do is hope they're doing it right.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
No doubt Theo, Hoyer, and their staff are making it their team. All we can do is hope they're doing it right.

Ain't that the truth! Better hope this works out or we will be looking at another 100 years of losing haha