Thoughts on the Devin Aromashodu situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
As we know, about a week or 2 ago Mike Martz came out and said Aromashodu isn't getting PT because he doesnt want to and doesnt know how to play the Slot. He said he doesnt want to learn how to play the slot as well.

Then before the game agains the Packers, Aromashodu was inactive.

Now in the Tribune this morning Aromashodu basically said that "The Coaches aren't perfect".

I never really fell in love with this guy. Sure he had a few good games last season, but he's not even a starter and he's calling the coaches out? I mean, that's just asking to be cut.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Based on his comments..He's probably done here. I thought he had potential to be a #2 receiver...never a #1 though. Martz ranked him as #3 and thats what he came out as in the first game..Sadly Aromashodu has played himself out of the lineup.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Based on his comments..He's probably done here. I thought he had potential to be a #2 receiver...never a #1 though. Martz ranked him as #3 and thats what he came out as in the first game..Sadly Aromashodu has played himself out of the lineup.

I agree.

He's not Jerry Rice or Torry Holt or any of the great WR's. He should not be saying things like that

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler likes him because he's good and tall, why not play him. Cutler has said Aromshadu is still in our plans and I will use him. So who knows.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
I think Devin Hester should play the slot and DA should be our 2nd wide out, it just fits there skills and physical tools best.

With that said I agree with the benching, DA is talking like he has accomplished something in the NFL and like he has a lot of leverage. This guy has made 36 total receptions in his NFL career and he wants to be treated like an accomplished player who can pick where he plays? Get real Devin.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
The knock on DA is that he doesn't like playing in "the slot" and going over the middle. So what? He did it anyway against the Lions and he did a pretty good job, catching 10 passes for 79 yds. His stats would have been better if not for the 2 big drops.

I read in an article that he said he was "getting used to" playing the slot and was willing to do anything the team wanted him to do to help out. Right now the team wants him to sit on the bench.

The drops are a concern for sure, and according to Martz "Bennet is a better blocker" than DA, so he is kind of caught in a numbers crunch with Bennet, Hester, and Knox. That's too bad. In the last 3 games he played, he's performed pretty well, compared to other receivers the Bears have to work with.

I agree with Veritas that he should be played on the outside, if that is where he does best and is most comfortable. I think he is too talented to sit on the bench, and with more playing time could only get better.

If the Bears want to use him strictly as a back-up and won't play him until somebody gets hurt, I guess that's OK, as long as the Bears keep winning. But I think his talents are being wasted on the bench.

Scoot34

Liked Posts:
I think Devin Hester should play the slot and DA should be our 2nd wide out, it just fits there skills and physical tools best.

With that said I agree with the benching, DA is talking like he has accomplished something in the NFL and like he has a lot of leverage. This guy has made 36 total receptions in his NFL career and he wants to be treated like an accomplished player who can pick where he plays? Get real Devin.

Well said. Exaclty my thoughts on the situation. Keep your mouth shut and try to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.