Tim Thomas wants out of Chicago

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Free throws
An NBA executive said Knicks president Donnie Walsh is trying to work out a sign-and-trade for forward-center David Lee in a cost-cutting move. The executive also said the Trail Blazers are trying to move up in the draft, and that former Arizona State star James Harden rubbed some people the wrong way after he blew off interviews with teams at the recent predraft camp in Chicago . . . After Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet, and Ricky Rubio, the draft is anybody's guess, with players that could go as high as four or drop as low as 13. However, the Knicks, who have the eighth pick, are high on Davidson guard Stephen Curry, who has been canceling some workouts from teams drafting lower than 10th. An NBA source said to expect a "shuffling of picks" throughout the draft since there are so many teams with multiple selections . . . An NBA source said ex-Celtics forward Antoine Walker is in his best shape in years, as he hopes to return to the NBA after being cut by the Grizzlies last season without playing a game. The source also said veteran forward Tim Thomas, who will be paid $6.4 million next season, has told people close to him that he'd like to be moved to the Celtics. The 6-foot-10-inch, 240-pounder averaged 8.5 points and 3.1 rebounds and shot 41.3 percent from 3-point range with the Clippers, Knicks, and Bulls in 64 games last season. Thomas played with Allen in Milwaukee.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Poor tim no one seems to care.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
We should add an over/under on Tim Thomas getting Tim Thomased next season.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
We should add an over/under on Tim Thomas getting Tim Thomased next season.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: +1

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
If Thomas agrees to defer a couple of million he can go play on Mars if he like.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think we can send him to Phoenix with the two picks and maybe an other player like Gray for Amare?

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I am still hopeful Tyrus, Timmy, James, #16 pick and a future pick can get us Amare. That is my dream offseason. I love the idea of a Deng, Amare, Noah frontline.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
They probably don't take both James and Timmy in the deal to save salary. James + Tyrus + our draft picks after they sign their contracts for Amare fits under the trading rules and saves them money.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
I am still hopeful Tyrus, Timmy, James, #16 pick and a future pick can get us Amare. That is my dream offseason. I love the idea of a healthy Deng, Amare, Noah frontline.

fixed

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Doug, Tyrus and just James plus both draft picks for Amare is not good for us I don't think. We would be at $69 million and only have 8 players and Gordon not be one of them.

Rose,Hinrich
Salmons
Deng
Amare,Timmy
Noah,Miller

That would be all you have. So you would have to go over luxury tax just by signing minimum level guys to fill out roster. Now dumping Hinrich is an option to save money for Gordon but then you still are way over luxury tax most likely. At least if you include Timmy in the deal you can stay under luxury tax. You probably don't get to keep Gordon but you have Rose, Deng, Amare, Noah,Salmons,Hinrich,Miller. That ain't a bad ball club.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i really believe that jerry reinsdorf will go over the luxury tax for a young superstar like amare

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
i really believe that jerry reinsdorf will go over the luxury tax for a young superstar like amare

I'd love it if that were true.