Time to lock up a pitcher long term.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I caught ESPN this morning where Tim Kurkjian was talking about the Cubs locking up Travis Wood long term and how much sense it would make for the Cubs moving forward and I totally agree.

Lefties are hard to come by and it appears as Tim noted from the footage that Wood is now painting the corners with great effectiveness. He also stated that with a hitting team behind him, Wood could be a 20 game winner which is a stretch in my opinion.

This is one to get while he is cheaper, and the guy can hit also which never hurts.

Rembrandt.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Nice catch Boo. Wood is proving to be one of the best lefties in baseball today. The guy is jaw-droppingly fantastic.

Would love to have him pitching behind Jackson for years to come.

Armoire.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Nice catch Boo. Wood is proving to be one of the best lefties in baseball today. The guy is jaw-droppingly fantastic.

Armoire.

Sorry, just added the 20 game part to my OP. BTW, who's the chick?

Femme.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Femme.

I'm pretty sure that is the woman who was arrested and charged with stalking Theo Epstein.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Armoire.

He's no Price or Sabathia, but there was talk that the Cubs should lock up Feldman and I just don't see that. There is very little talk about Wood and he might be the best pitcher on the Cubs staff.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's no Price or Sabathia, but there was talk that the Cubs should lock up Feldman and I just don't see that. There is very little talk about Wood and he might be the best pitcher on the Cubs staff.

Samardzija is better. Travis Wood has been on a real roll here the first couple of months, but Wood is still a middle to back end of the rotation guy, imo. I do think there should be some talk about trying to buy out the arby years now with some team friendly club options tacked on though.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Samardzija is better. Travis Wood has been on a real roll here the first couple of months, but Wood is still a middle to back end of the rotation guy, imo. I do think there should be some talk about trying to buy out the arby years now with some team friendly club options tacked on though.

True, but lefties aren't a dime a dozen which needs to be considered.

He will get the rest of the year and then we can better judge him. Right now, I feel as confident with him on the mound as any.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

Femme.

Thanks for the update. Never hurts to be particular. Your adjustment to your post doesn't change my accurate assessment.

[video=youtube;sudqh_nXWhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sudqh_nXWhk[/video]

Escargot.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Isn't that the crazy broad that was stalking Theo? haha

I think I used to date her but I don't remember her left eye being an inch away from her mouth at the time. Of course, I was really hammered that night.

Facial.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but lefties aren't a dime a dozen which needs to be considered.

He will get the rest of the year and then we can better judge him. Right now, I feel as confident with him on the mound as any.

No being a quality southpaw certainly doesn't help his standing. Some of the "luck" stats are very much in Travis Wood's favor right now. I think he is still more than low 4 ERA pitcher than a sub 3, but perhaps he really is a guy that can flirt with a 3 ERA on a regular basis. Either way I would like to seem them offer a deal that buys out those arby years with a couple of club options on the back end.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
No being a quality southpaw certainly doesn't help his standing. Some of the "luck" stats are very much in Travis Wood's favor right now. I think he is still more than low 4 ERA pitcher than a sub 3, but perhaps he really is a guy that can flirt with a 3 ERA on a regular basis. Either way I would like to seem them offer a deal that buys out those arby years with a couple of club options on the back end.

Well aren't the Cubs about "Way Over Due" to have something fall into their laps? I hope Wood is it.

Correction. I hope Wood is just the start of it.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well aren't the Cubs about "Way Over Due" to have something fall into their laps? I hope Wood is it.

Correction. I hope Wood is just the start of it.

I agree that it is nice to have guys on the positive side of the luck spectrum for once, but I just worry about the implications for a long term deal. Again if he is paid like a solid back end of the rotation starter I would love the deal. If he is looking to be paid like an emerging front of the rotation starter I would be extremely cautious.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

I'd say he's no Randy Johnson or Steve Carlton.

I've read the talk about Feldman. I think we should give him a five year deal at roughly 10 million per.

I seriously believe this year is no fluke for Feldman and attribute his success to Chris Bosio and the pitcher's spot in the NL line-up, which has helped lower his ERA.

Not to mention he can hit the ball about as good as Wood.

Savoir-faire

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I think I used to date her but I don't remember her left eye being an inch away from her mouth at the time. Of course, I was really hammered that night.

Facial.

Either way you seem to have great taste in women.

I believe the dress she is wearing was made out of old Howard Johnson hotel curtain fabric.

Gerbil.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I'd say he's no Randy Johnson or Steve Carlton.

I've read the talk about Feldman. I think we should give him a five year deal at roughly 10 million per.

I seriously believe this year is no fluke for Feldman and attribute his success to Chris Bosio and the pitcher's spot in the NL line-up, which has helped lower his ERA.

Not to mention he can hit the ball about as good as Wood.

Savoir-faire

Kurkjian also noted that SF or any National league team would be ideal for Feldman because he seems to have resurrected himself thanks to Bosio. He could net a decent prospect from a contender.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Kurkjian also noted that SF or any National league team would be ideal for Feldman because he seems to have resurrected himself thanks to Bosio. He could net a decent prospect from a contender.

There's no doubt about that. I'd hate to see him traded.

I know we will get another future building block for his services, so I guess I'd be okay with it. Command Central has shown to be very good at these flips so far and I'm starting to see a vast improvement at the ML levels as a result.

Hymen.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hank Schulman(sp?), beat guy for the Giants, has been on the Feldman to Giants thing for a bit. Makes a lot of sense since Feldman has ties to the area, and his traditional numbers are stellar. Giants are an old school organization and have a need in the rotation right now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I see Wood as a #4 on a contender. It is worth buying up his Arb years. Feldman to SF is fine.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I would like to see the Cubs lock up Travis Wood and Matt Garza and Jeff Samardzija as well. That would be nice