Today’s offense was 100% On the ego maniac Nagy

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It was evident after the first series that Matt Nagy's fingerprints were all over this game. The offense looked totally different. They went right back to the same boring ultra conservative runs up the middle and shotgun quick passes to receivers coming back to the football instead of getting them moving up the field.

They played not to lose today. I'll never understand why this team loves to stop running the things that they have been successful with. I think it really is an ego thing. That's the only possible explanation. Nagy is hellbent on running the Andy Reid offense.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mostly correct but the not being aggressive is on 4M. He dinks and dunks because he isnt all that good.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
As Bobby Knight famously said (when I was in Bloomington as an undergrad, lol):
“I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it,”
Yes, as Bears fans under the current ownership, that is probably our best option.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Nagy is despicable

Even so, he's fittna show up at this week's pressers like his shit don't stink:

tenor.gif

"PLAYOFFSS BaByyyy!!"
giphy.gif

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have always liked nagy and have always given him the benefit of the doubt but he clearly has issues not calling plays and that is not good for this team cause when he does its is embarrassingly obvious. He must stop calling plays!

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Inside zone runs, shotgun and not being aggressive . The same shit that got us no where on offense. The guy has legit ego issues.

When was in mentioned that he was going to call the plays? I live outside of SF so I'm out of the loop but I read the chi papers and didn't see anything leading up to the game.

What in hell was the reasoning for this after the last 3 games? Why would you try to fix something that wasn't broken during the last 3 games?

How is this not about ego? Man, this really pisses me off.

Liked Posts:
Green Bay Packers (42)
Chicago Bears (15)

That's not a score. It's the results of the teams annual season series over the course of the last 28 years (since Ditka was the Bears coach). You cannot make stats like this up. The Packers have owned the Bears in every sense of the word.

I'm glad that the Bears overachieved this season. I'm glad that they started 5-1. I'm glad that they rallied from a 6 game slide and a 5-7 mark to finish the season at 8-8. I'm glad that they did not go "3-13 as projected by USA Today" back in August.

Aaron Rodgers: 20-5 in 12 seasons vs the Bears (2009-2020)
  • 19 wins during the regular season
  • 1 win during the playoffs

Brett Favre: 22-10 in 16 seasons vs the Bears (1993-2008)
  • The Bears went 7-3 against Favre's Packers from 2004-2008
  • The Packers were 19-3 against the Bears from 1993-2003

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:

I get people want to rage against Nagy, and I have as well in the past.

But you know what?

Based on what I saw from the Packers on offense AND defense, Nagy couldn't have called a BETTER game.

The sad reality is this folks - we do NOT have a quarterback on our roster able to go toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers. We do not have the TALENT on this roster to slug it out with the Packers.

Nagy identified the ONE way we had to win, and executed that game plan. It required us to be perfect. We weren't.

But we had a chance to take the lead. We were in the game through 3 quarters. That is NOT because of bad play calling or gameplan from the Coaching Staff.

Shit, if you want to blame someone? Blame Ryan Pace for the talent deficit. Blame Pace for hiding his QB pick and deciding it in a vacuum to spend the overall 2nd pick on what amounts to a career backup. Blame Pace that the only receiver that can end up seeing the field is Mooney. Blame Pace for overspending on this team's defense and offensive tackles. Blame Pace for whiffing on past draft picks.

I've given shit to Nagy in the past for play calling and rightly so.

I can't do it this time. The roster needs an overhaul. Not a complete teardown like when Pace took over from Emery, but we aren't in the Packers' league either. And no amount of coaching can change that right now...