Today’s offense was 100% On the ego maniac Nagy

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

I get people want to rage against Nagy, and I have as well in the past.

But you know what?

Based on what I saw from the Packers on offense AND defense, Nagy couldn't have called a BETTER game.

The sad reality is this folks - we do NOT have a quarterback on our roster able to go toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers. We do not have the TALENT on this roster to slug it out with the Packers.

Nagy identified the ONE way we had to win, and executed that game plan. It required us to be perfect. We weren't.

But we had a chance to take the lead. We were in the game through 3 quarters. That is NOT because of bad play calling or gameplan from the Coaching Staff.

Shit, if you want to blame someone? Blame Ryan Pace for the talent deficit. Blame Pace for hiding his QB pick and deciding it in a vacuum to spend the overall 2nd pick on what amounts to a career backup. Blame Pace that the only receiver that can end up seeing the field is Mooney. Blame Pace for overspending on this team's defense and offensive tackles. Blame Pace for whiffing on past draft picks.

I've given shit to Nagy in the past for play calling and rightly so.

I can't do it this time. The roster needs an overhaul. Not a complete teardown like when Pace took over from Emery, but we aren't in the Packers' league either. And no amount of coaching can change that right now...

nagy conservative play calling costs our teams points every time he calls plays.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

But you know what?

Based on what I saw from the Packers on offense AND defense, Nagy couldn't have called a BETTER game.

The sad reality is this folks - we do NOT have a quarterback on our roster able to go toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers. We do not have the TALENT on this roster to slug it out with the Packers.

Nagy identified the ONE way we had to win, and executed that game plan. It required us to be perfect. We weren't.

But we had a chance to take the lead. We were in the game through 3 quarters. That is NOT because of bad play calling or gameplan from the Coaching Staff.

Shit, if you want to blame someone? Blame Ryan Pace for the talent deficit. Blame Pace for hiding his QB pick and deciding it in a vacuum to spend the overall 2nd pick on what amounts to a career backup. Blame Pace that the only receiver that can end up seeing the field is Mooney. Blame Pace for overspending on this team's defense and offensive tackles. Blame Pace for whiffing on past draft picks.

I've given shit to Nagy in the past for play calling and rightly so.

I can't do it this time. The roster needs an overhaul. Not a complete teardown like when Pace took over from Emery, but we aren't in the Packers' league either. And no amount of coaching can change that right now...

No matter what the roster looks like, I don't think we can beat GB or win anything that means anything with Nagy in his current form. He's too busy out smarting himself instead of out-coaching the guys on the other sideline.

This is going on to 2 years of the same failures and still, for example, trotting out the same trash LT and the same wacky play calling that he thinks clever, but have proven predictable or just plain pedestrian. He can't do the job.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you lack the ability to figure out that Mitch would toss 3 picks if Nagy DIDN'T call it conservative?

He did what he could with what he had.

To prove that it was Trubisky holding this offense back, we should start Nick Foles. I bet he could take Nagy's brand of genius and just run with it until he was the Super Bowl MVP again!

Last edited:

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Do you lack the ability to figure out that Mitch would toss 3 picks if Nagy DIDN'T call it conservative?

He did what he could with what he had.

Yep and it led to another shitty offensive scoring game. Versus detroit, minn and texas we ran a different offense and we scored. First half of jags game we ran the nagy offense and sucked. We went back to old offense the team couls run and we score 21 in the 3rd qtr. then this game we go back to nagy ball. Hey you may not like mitch but the team can win with him. With nagys offense we always looks horrible. Always

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
To prove that it was Trubisky holding this offense back, we should start Nick Foles. I bet he could take Nagy's brand of genius and just run with it until he was theSuper Bowl MVP again!

Yeah, no. This isn't a Mitch vs Nick thing. Both would have lost. Matt did the best he could with a QB whom he knew he could keep the reigns on.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Yep and it led to another shitty offensive scoring game. Versus detroit, minn and texas we ran a different offense and we scored. First half of jags game we ran the nagy offense and sucked. We went back to old offense the team couls run and we score 21 in the 3rd qtr. then this game we go back to nagy ball. Hey you may not like mitch but the team can win with him. With nagys offense we always looks horrible. Always

Not going to argue those other games. Those were Nagy-horseshit specialty games. He deserves all the hell from all of those.

But we were playing a MUCH better defense this time, and a much better TEAM, and he had us within one score and marching down the field to score the go-ahead going into the 3rd quarter. It was working.

He's sucked play calling in the past, but I am not so dumb as to not give the devil his due when he deserves it.

This loss is more on Mitch and Ryan Pace - Nagy actually did ok for the players he was dealt.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
There is no "best" with Nagy. He's a trash coach. Stop defending trash.

I've called Matt Nagy forky - the dude from Toy Story 4 who is always trying to throw himself away in the trash.

I will call the dude out when he deserves it.

This is one time he doesn't deserve it.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:

But you know what?

I beg to differ. We saw the same lateral passing game that is incredibly predictable. I get that the Packers defense is a lot better than the defenses in the last 3 games and I get that this team doesn't have the talent to do anything in the playoffs even if the best play caller in the history of the world is making the calls and I understand the game plan to try to keep Rodgers off the field but Lazor's calls meshed with this offense for the last 3 games making it look like an entirely different animal. You don't change that. You don't change what isn't broken, you keep it going.

I have no idea what would have happened if Lazor was calling the plays, I'm guessing we still lose but it's the simple notion that you just don't change what has been working for the last 3 games.

No matter what.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No, Nagy is the worst thing about the Chicago Bears. If he vanished from the face of the Earth, the Chicago Bears would be better off going forward.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Yeah, no. This isn't a Mitch vs Nick thing. Both would have lost. Matt did the best he could with a QB whom he knew he could keep the reigns on.

The crappy qb helped our team score the most points over 4 games since 1965 and that was with a basic offense that Matt did not want to run. Put that in your pipe and smoke it buddy

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Not going to argue those other games. Those were Nagy-horseshit specialty games. He deserves all the hell from all of those.

But we were playing a MUCH better defense this time, and a much better TEAM, and he had us within one score and marching down the field to score the go-ahead going into the 3rd quarter. It was working.

He's sucked play calling in the past, but I am not so dumb as to not give the devil his due when he deserves it.

This loss is more on Mitch and Ryan Pace - Nagy actually did ok for the players he was dealt.

inside the red zone nagys plays and play calls are atrocious

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
I beg to differ. We saw the same lateral passing game that is incredibly predictable. I get that the Packers defense is a lot better than the defenses in the last 3 games and I get that this team doesn't have the talent to do anything in the playoffs even if the best play caller in the history of the world is making the calls and I understand the game plan to try to keep Rodgers off the field but Lazor's calls meshed with this offense for the last 3 games making it look like an entirely different animal. You don't change that. You don't change what isn't broken, you keep it going.

I have no idea what would have happened if Lazor was calling the plays, I'm guessing we still lose but it's the simple notion that you just don't change what has been working for the last 3 games.

No matter what.

I know exactly what would have happened, because I was paying attention. They DID try to roll out Mitch a FEW times per what Lazor was doing, and the Packers defense was RIGHT ON MITCH'S ASS.

They actually did try to change it up, but the Packers had what Lazor was doing and the defense wasn't letting them get it going.

That's what I mean - how many of you guys who are bitching about the play calling are even AWARE of that?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nagy gets blamed for being too aggressive.
he gets blamed for not being aggressive.
he gets blamed for passing too much.
gets blamed for running too much.
he gets blamed for going for it on 4th
gets blamed for not going for it on 4th
blamed for too many deep shots
blamed for not enough deep shots

blah blah blah

folks need to make up their minds cause it's starting to sound dumb around here

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No matter what.

Nagy straight up sucks as a playcaller for 2 straight seasons. Hands it over to Bill Lazor, the offense gets exponentially better. So what is the logical next step? Have the egomaniac fucking mouthbreathing moron take over again and fuck it all up.

Today should be proof that Nagy needs to be outside of any room where they're talking about offense. What a coach.