Toews

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If you could trade TT for a top 6 LW do you do it? Obviously a lot of things factor into the decision...but I would certainly, 100%, entertain the thought. Would want to get a guy back that is under contract for more than this year and would have to figure out how to make the cap right since the player would likely have a bigger one than TT, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Blackhawks have had conversations.

Also, I was surprised when the Blackhawks traded Versteeg this offseason since I thought at $2mil he was really good value. Obviously if they could have traded Bickell, then Versteeg would likely be here still. He is a guy that showed throughout last season that he could play in the top 6 on the left side. Had some consistency problems but would certainly be better than any of the options that we have seen so far this year.

Unless that guy is <27, nope.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's be honest here: Hossa is struggling every bit as much as Toews is this season. And it's not like we can use the "he's still young" argument for Hossa. He's gonna be 37 in a month. Hossa on the third line would make him a better 3rd line RW than most teams have and would be even better if that move got the top two lines going.

You know what one of the best solutions for all of this would be? If Bryan Bickell suddenly started playing well again. High hopes, I know.

Hoss doesn't look the part of someone who is struggling though. With toews, you can tell something is up. Yes, hoss is struggling on the scoresheet, but I think it has more to do with toews shit play than anything.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hoss doesn't look the part of someone who is struggling though. With toews, you can tell something is up. Yes, hoss is struggling on the scoresheet, but I think it has more to do with toews shit play than anything.

Yeah Hoss is stuck with shitty Toews and w/e LW Q hits on a fucking dart board that day lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't even know who the LWs are on this team...

Mattia

Liked Posts:
we totally lack a 1st line LW... TT is not, yet...even if actually for me is the best fit as of now

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I don't see something physically wrong with either Toews or Hossa. What do you see?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
we totally lack a 1st line LW... TT is not, yet...even if actually for me is the best fit as of now

And I don't see one on this team or in the farm system. The only two candidates for that spot were shipped out in the last offseason: Sharp and Saad. Those moves were virtually required because of salary cap constraints, though.

But this team won 2 of its 3 Stanley Cups without a proper 2nd line center. So, it's just finding a way around this problem.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't see something physically wrong with either Toews or Hossa. What do you see?

Toews has just seemed off.

The defensive play is still there. The effort is still there. But there's been a plethora of missed offensive opportunities by him, which is something we're not used to seeing. He obviously has the ability to capitalize as we've seen it so often in years prior.. and yes, you could blame the revolving clusterfuck of LWs he's being paired with, but I think it's something more than that.

At some point you have to reunite Kane and Toews, no? That has ALWAYS worked in Toews favor.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews has just seemed off.

The defensive play is still there. The effort is still there. But there's been a plethora of missed offensive opportunities by him, which is something we're not used to seeing. He obviously has the ability to capitalize as we've seen it so often in years prior.. and yes, you could blame the revolving clusterfuck of LWs he's being paired with, but I think it's something more than that.

At some point you have to reunite Kane and Toews, no? That has ALWAYS worked in Toews favor.

As much as I'd hate to see the Anisimov, Kane, Bread line split up, maybe Toews, Kane and XXX, followed by Hoss Anisimov Breadman.
Panarin could be on either the first or second line, whatever works best. I put him with Anisimov so he could have a translator on his line.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Here's one thought:

Bickell-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Teuvo
Shaw-Rasmussen-Hossa
Desjardins-Kruger-Garbutt/Mashinter

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hahah do I have to point out the obvious as to why toews scored?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its all Grim's fault. JT has feelings you know:(

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly though, can't we all just be happy that T/TT/H had a monster game?