Top 13 Prospects

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How the hell do you figure Baez will make the majors in 2013?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
How the hell do you figure Baez will make the majors in 2013?

I'm more inclined to think he's a mid-2014 call-up, because of the whole having to put him on the roster to even call him up in September thing. Not to mention he's not even in Tennessee yet. It could happen, but I'm not going to count on it.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm more inclined to think he's a mid-2014 call-up, because of the whole having to put him on the roster to even call him up in September thing. Not to mention he's not even in Tennessee yet. It could happen, but I'm not going to count on it.

The way Epstein handles guys...I think it will be a cold day in hell before he sees a MLB roster this year. I'd expect him at AA at the end of this year and maybe a 2014 call up at some point...but even that might be pushing it with the way Epstein wants these guys to get at bats in the minors.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way Epstein handles guys...I think it will be a cold day in hell before he sees a MLB roster this year. I'd expect him at AA at the end of this year and maybe a 2014 call up at some point...but even that might be pushing it with the way Epstein wants these guys to get at bats in the minors.

They made the standard cop-out answer that there will be some exceptions to the "500 AB" rule like they did with Rizzo, but I agree with you here. Baez has a few things he needs to work on and his stop in Daytona to end last season kinda sucked, so I imagine they'll start him off there, see how he does at Tennessee after that and make a decision afterwards. He's a good prospect which is why he's so high on the charts (#CaptainObviousMoment) but that doesn't mean he's going to rocket up the system. Not saying it won't happen, but it's extremely unlikely you see Baez even as a September call-up in 2013 for various philosophical and transactional reasons.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
It's nut cutting time at AA. I don't think Baez is anywhere near ready enough to even merit a sept call up yet, regardless of his service time clock.

Sent from MR Phone

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks