Top 3 weak spots last year and top 3 now.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Before draft. IMO.
Oline
Dline
LB
WR Ok 4 but, I just could not leave any of these out.

Now?
D line - Billings Jones Walker Gipson with a decent rotation behind. Better yes but, you know.
What is 2 and 3 now? I'm not sure. What is your top 3 as of today?

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also feel like we'll need a ballhawk FS soon as well. D-Bo is 30, injury prone and expensive the next 2 years.

I'd agree with the list above though, DL and C/G is way more of a priority.

greg23

Liked Posts:
By far #1 is edge

After that it's probably c

After that there a bunch of potential but question marks

OT...1st and 2nd year starters; who really knows what you'll get

CB....like the group, filled with potential but who really knows yet

TE...shaky depth after top 2

QB...hard worker, etc but until he drastically improves in passing game this is still a ? spot

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
every spot on the OL is to be considered a weakness until they prove themselves a strength. I would say OT, C, and OG, from first to third weakest.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Weak spots last season:
OT
WR
Edge
Interior DL
C
TE
CB

Weak spots post-2023 draft:
Edge
Interior DL
C

There are still questions all over the place. But we have at least added young talent to some spots, proven talent to some other spots, shifted some talent to C. Lol.

Edge is obviously our most glaring weakness. We did add some talent. DeMarcus Walker seems promising. Rasheem Green seems like depth. Interior DL is a big question where we've added talent, and added 3 rookies. Moving Whitehair to C and having he and Lucas Patrick compete seems better than what we had last year, but still not ideal. Overall, all 3 of those end up with questions marks, and positions where we need to acquire more proven talent.

But I think we took some positions of need, and flipped them into strong position groups now. WR being the most notable.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I also feel like we'll need a ballhawk FS soon as well. D-Bo is 30, injury prone and expensive the next 2 years.

Agreed, we s/b set in the backend with the draft, could be a stellar group.

discplayer

Liked Posts:

Who is D-Bo?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dont think Corner is really weak, just has a bunch of ? marks.

Edge for sure. Free Safety IMO might be a bigger weakness than corner. If eddie goes down again they have no one behind him whos solid. Who's even the backup? Elijah Hicks?

Center for sure, as neither Whitehair or Patrick are really centers...just playing there due to need.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
1. Edge, more on the run stopping side. To force early down plays back inside. That would allow the DTs/LBs to clean up, and scrape/flow to the ball.

2. Backup FS. Lets be honest with ourselves for a moment. Eddie Jackson may be starting to revert back to form, but he's coming off a injury which will affect his movement/closing speed and burst. He's also going to be 30 soon, if he isn't already. They need to start looking for his successor now.

3. Center. I just got this feeling that Whitehair is going to be complete shit, at Center. And the backup isn't very inspiring as well.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Weaknesses

1.QB potentially- last years numbers would mean we are drafting another QB. Anything less than 3500 yards in 17 games is minimum and in todays nfl doesn’t get it done either. You’ve got to be throwing over 4000 to be competing for playoffs!

2. Edge
3. Other side edge

msadows

Liked Posts:
1. Edge, more on the run stopping side. To force early down plays back inside. That would allow the DTs/LBs to clean up, and scrape/flow to the ball.

2. Backup FS. Lets be honest with ourselves for a moment. Eddie Jackson may be starting to revert back to form, but he's coming off a injury which will affect his movement/closing speed and burst. He's also going to be 30 soon, if he isn't already. They need to start looking for his successor now.

3. Center. I just got this feeling that Whitehair is going to be complete shit, at Center. And the backup isn't very inspiring as well.

Yea, this back 7 is as talented as I've seen it for the bears since the lach/briggs/tillman days, but if either brisker or Eddie miss serious time they are screwed.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
biggest weak spots are DE, C, FS
how robinson and gipson look will play a big part...center will get addressed in next draft and they need to find a successor to jackson

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Huge issue at C. Don't want JF to get get killed. The CB from Miami sucks. Still a need. Oh yeah, still need OLB, DE's that don't suck off the charts.