Top 5 players at every position from 2000-2020 (UPDATED w/ more positions and Madden rating!)

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Kelce's stats dwarf Ditka's, so it's a fair argument that Kelce is better
Stats from 2 different eras aren’t a good way to judge.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ditka did that in 14 games in an era where they werent anywhere near as pass happy the guy literally revolutionalized the position and he was playing in a time when defences werent hampered with the rules stacked against them
They were fucking head hunting back then bro
Kelce is no doubt in my mind a great player but ditka was a whole nother level imho

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I know you guys are excited about the upside of Kmet and I like the potential, but Graham has done more:

Graham = 48 catches 451 yards and 8 TDs
Kmet = 21 catches 202 yards and 2 TDs

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Stil LOLing at McCown, Orton and Griese on this list.
giphy.gif

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Ditka's greatest year was 1964 when he had 89 receptions for 897 yards, not comparable to Kelce
It's like money. Please add inflation. Dotkad 1964 yards are like 2000 in today's yards.

So he essentially had 154 catches for 2000 yards which is clearly better than Kelce.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It's like money. Please add inflation. Dotkad 1964 yards are like 2000 in today's yards.

So he essentially had 154 catches for 2000 yards which is clearly better than Kelce.

I think your math is off or something. yardage only inflated by 36 yards in 60 years?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kelce's stats dwarf Ditka's, so it's a fair argument that Kelce is better

Ever heard of statistical inflation due to the era and games played in a season?

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Yep, sexy rexy is prob the 3rd best QB in the last 20 years for this bears team. Kyle Orton wasn't even really good for this team, he started playing well when he went to the broncos in the cutler trade, before that he was a shell shocked nfl game manager.

I always thought that Orton was underrated, and his 2005 season really was impressive.

He got tossed in a major sink-or-swim situation - and the worst you could say was he managed to tread water.

Honestly after 2006, the Bears should have "sold" Grossman high, and committed to Orton as the starting QB in 2007. When you consider what might have been acquired with the picks the Bears dealt with Orton for Cutler... that deal looks quite bad, to be honest.

Think about it: Bears deal Grossman to Cleveland for a 2007 2nd-rounder, a 2008 first-rounder, and a 2009 second-rounder. Orton is starting QB.

Those picks, and the picks not traded for Cutler could have become:
2007: S Eric Weddle
2008: RB Chris Johnson (with the Bears getting WR DeSean Jackson instead of Matt Forte in the 2nd round)
2009: WR Percy Harvin (1st round), CB Darius Butler (2nd round pick acquired from Cleveland)
2010: DE Jason Pierre-Paul (1st round not dealt)

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Cutler, Mitch, Rex, Miller, Orton. Pick an order. ?

Honestly, I think McCown, after 2013, should have become the starter, and the Bears should have signed him, then kept Hester, and if that meant Cutler walked, so be it.

In the 2014 NFL draft, select Garoppolo as the QB of the future. Would have worked out much better than Ego Ferguson...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think McCown, after 2013, should have become the starter, and the Bears should have signed him, then kept Hester, and if that meant Cutler walked, so be it.

In the 2014 NFL draft, select Garoppolo as the QB of the future. Would have worked out much better than Ego Ferguson...
McCown has about a 75 rating since leaving here. Garoppolo has had the best situation possible and would also not have excelled here but ya, a better option than chosen.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I always thought that Orton was underrated, and his 2005 season really was impressive.

He got tossed in a major sink-or-swim situation - and the worst you could say was he managed to tread water.

Honestly after 2006, the Bears should have "sold" Grossman high, and committed to Orton as the starting QB in 2007. When you consider what might have been acquired with the picks the Bears dealt with Orton for Cutler... that deal looks quite bad, to be honest.

Think about it: Bears deal Grossman to Cleveland for a 2007 2nd-rounder, a 2008 first-rounder, and a 2009 second-rounder. Orton is starting QB.

2008: RB Chris Johnson (with the Bears getting WR DeSean Jackson instead of Matt Forte in the 2nd round)
2009: WR Percy Harvin (1st round), CB Darius Butler (2nd round pick acquired from Cleveland)
No one would have given anywhere near a #1 draft pick, in any season, for Rex Grossman so your theory is blown out of the water.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Are you sure you watched them that season? The D was off the hook good!

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Are you sure you watched them that season? The D was off the hook good!

I did follow them that season.

Orton still had to get the team downfield to score enough points for them to win 10 of the 15 games he started.