Totally Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not sure how many will step up and admit it. But I was dead wrong on the Bears record. I had them 6-10 and then 4-12 after the Detroit game. Go Bears!

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
I'll admit it, I thought they were going 8-8 at best. Although that's still possible, not going to happen.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Yep...Ill admit also that i didnt expect this

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was absolutely wrong. I figured an 8-8 team at the very best. I thought the defense would be the weak link to the team with a good offense. Dead wrong.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm always positive and I said they would be 10-6. But, I would always say a good record, lol.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I figured at least 9 wins this year based on my reasoning of, excluding the massively injury plagued bad all round 1st year of Lovie Smith, Each season the Bears are expected to be bad to average, they've had a successful season. Every year they thought they would be great they've been bad. As they say, they embrace that underdog with Lovie very well.

05-bad, 06-offense question made them average maybe, 08-Most projected 5/6 wins & were 1 game out of the playoffs... This year most people were projected 4-6 wins on a general scale so It seemed to add up almost a guarantee for 9 wins at least.

07-supposed to be repeat NFC North winners, failed early 09-Super Bowl Cutler, failed early and often.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
so where are all those peeps that had hum ''better things to do with their sundays'', rofl

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I had em' at 9-7 in second behind Green Bay.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I had em' at 9-7 in second behind Green Bay.

This...I also had them @ 8-3 at this point in the season...and somewhere on blog-talk I've got proof...predicted it on a radio show w/ Greg Punzo and "Nerrad"...

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I always thought we'd make the playoffs. The offensive line play was atrocious in pre-season and early on but every year until we've been eliminated I keep the hope.

Covelli

Liked Posts:
9-7 with the wildcard and a first round exit for not being able to stop the run and not being able to run ourselves. yea so wrong but at least i had them with a winning record (maybe because i actually like lovie smith)

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought we'd make the playoffs. The offensive line play was atrocious in pre-season and early on but every year until we've been eliminated I keep the hope.
This
But after the winless preseason it really hurt my projections for this team. I saw another 7-9 team, but the defense and ST have carried this team until the offense could stabilize. Peppers wants a ring, and he's playing up to his true talent to get one

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Even with the bad preseason I saw some bright spots and was thinking 10-6. Offense showed bright spots and I felt great about the defense with a healthy Urlacher and Peppers.

I'm thinking we could go 12-4 now, only losing to the patriots. Jets are overrated

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Even with the bad preseason I saw some bright spots and was thinking 10-6. Offense showed bright spots and I felt great about the defense with a healthy Urlacher and Peppers.

I'm thinking we could go 12-4 now, only losing to the patriots. Jets are overrated

Even the patriots we could beat.. it's a stretch, but if the defense shows up and the offense doesn't turnover, this team can grind it with ANY team and squeeze a win, I agree the jets are overrated too, i'm under the impression that the patriots are gonna shame them on mnf.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was way off. I said 3-13 or 5-11 at best. Glad they are making me eat the crow.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

That's where I had them after the preseason, 10-6. People laughed at the prediction until recently. I still don't see them winning up at Lamblow, but 11-5 with a bye sounds about right.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I gave up predicting playoffs for the Bears a long time ago. I always expect them to be lucky to get to .500. I did not see this coming.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was totally right. Well ... I was mostly right. I had the Bears at 10-6 even after the 0-4 preseason. At this point I had them at 9-2 on their way to 10-6. Now they are 8-3 and I think they will finish 11-5. I had them losing to the Cowboys and Dolphins (both road games) and winning the 3 games they lost, so I was wrong on 5 out of 11 games but pretty close on overall record.

I thought with Urlacher back and Peppers added, the defense would be better and I was right. I thought Major Wright would improve the defensive secondary and he hasn't been much of a factor yet, so I was wrong there, but the secondary has improved.

I thought the O-line would suck during the easy part of the schedule but improve as the season went on and for the most part they have. They still have quite a ways to go, though. I thought that Martz would have to help the O-line protect Cutler by using Tight Ends and H-backs to block and that would limit the passing game and I was right. The Bears haven't put up huge numbers throwing the ball, but they have put up enough to win most of the time.

I thought that not having a true #1 receiver would actually help the Bears passing game because defenses wouldn't be able to focus on one guy and the Bears could spread the ball around (much like past Patriots teams have done) and for the most part I was right, there.

I thought that adding Chester Taylor would improve the Bears running game and that in turn would open up the passing game. I was wrong there, until recently. The O-line wasn't opening up any holes for the RBs and that allowed teams to blitz more, but with the O-line improving, the running game is starting to gel.

I thought in Martz offense, Cutler would get sacked a lot and he would throw a lot of interceptions, though not as many as last year, but would also throw a lot of TD / long yardage passes.The passing game hasn't been as good as I expected, but Cutler hasn't thrown as many ints either.

I thought the Packers would win the division at 11-5 and the Bears might make the playoffs at 10-6, but now I think the Bears will win the division. I thought the Vikings would go 8-8 or 9-7 with or without Favre and they haven't even been that good.

The season hasn't gone exactly the way I had predicted but the results have been about the same.

8-3. I'll take it.

Last edited:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had them at 10-6. Funny, how Lefty isn't around the Bears forums, now.
th_ssst.gif

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had them at 10-6. Funny, how Lefty isn't around the Bears forums, now.
th_ssst.gif

"You were all stupid to think the Bears would be any better than 6-10 and the fact that you happen to be right is no indication of how smart you are. You just happened to get lucky!

The Bears are still a below average team. They should have lost to the Lions, Packers and even the Bills. If the Dolphins weren't playing their 3rd string QB, the Bears would have lost that game, too.

So, Yeah, the Bears are 8-3 but could very easily have been 4-7. and there is a good chance they could lose all of their remaining games, except maybe the Lions and end the season 9-7."

I know, I know. "Where's the Cursing?" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.