Toughest Defenses to Throw Against

Bort

Liked Posts:
I was looking at defensive stats on pro football reference, and I noticed this. Look at the top defenses by quarterback rating allowed. The top 3 are all in the NFC North. Absolutely brutal division.

Also, CW has already played against 2 of the top 10.

Quarterback Rating Against.PNG

Canth

Liked Posts:
I was looking at defensive stats on pro football reference, and I noticed this. Look at the top defenses by quarterback rating allowed. The top 3 are all in the NFC North. Absolutely brutal division.

View attachment 41183

Honestly surprised to see the Saints up there. My perception of them was that they really dropped off after the first couple of weeks. Or is that more their run game?

Bort

Liked Posts:
Honestly surprised to see the Saints up there. My perception of them was that they really dropped off after the first couple of weeks. Or is that more their run game?

Yeah, Saints' run defense is terrible.

But look at the TD to INT ratio on the Saints pass defense. Saints have allowed opposing quarterbacks only 5 passing TDs with 10 INTs.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Flores defense is aggressive as fuck. Somebody’s bound to figure that out soon, Vikings fans should be pumped though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

View attachment 41183
So you're saying Caleb elevated their standings?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

View attachment 41183
and how did it go?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Flores defense is aggressive as fuck. Somebody’s bound to figure that out soon, Vikings fans should be pumped though.
Hes more willing to have show all out blitz then drop back into coverage from the LOS than most other DCs. He makes it really hard on protections to guess who is actually going to come after the qb as well. Idk that there is really a great way to "figure out" his scheme. I think the best counter to it is having success on early downs and constantly being in manageable situations.

So not having presnap penalties and losing yards on runs on early downs and digging holes where he can really light you up.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

View attachment 41183
I was told that the Bears have only beaten pushovers.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

View attachment 41183
Well, expect the lions to drop when they too have to start playing more quality teams. Hutchinson's 40 pressures are 11 more than the next player on the list. His injury is going to be huge in this regard. There are no gimmie games in the NFLN.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hes more willing to have show all out blitz then drop back into coverage from the LOS than most other DCs. He makes it really hard on protections to guess who is actually going to come after the qb as well. Idk that there is really a great way to "figure out" his scheme. I think the best counter to it is having success on early downs and constantly being in manageable situations.

So not having presnap penalties and losing yards on runs on early downs and digging holes where he can really light you up.
Rush offense is going to have to be on point.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I do think the Bears defense deserves some props but the reality is they played - Will Levis 52.5, Stroud 94.7, Anthony Richardson 39.0, Matt Stafford 77.4, Dalton 61.0, Trevor Lawrence 91.8.

Stroud had a 68.6 rating against the Vikings for reference.

The bears numbers are largely inflated by the fact they played 3 guys that really just shouldn't be starters in the NFL in Levis, Richardson, and Dalton. Even Lawrence hasn't been much of a QB this year, and the Rams were missing both of their top 2 receivers.

I do think the defense is good but I expect this number to really drop off as the year goes on.