Bal #31 = 600

So that is a very imbalanced trade

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ravens are not stupid. One of the savviest teams in the league when it comes to trades. They aren't giving up a king's ransom to pay for a WR that is demanding a he payday when the draft is loaded with WR's. I think the Yannick trade was their worst trade that they have made recently.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Ravens trade up it will be into the top 12 to grab one of the elite WRs,

What would trading back accomplish for the Bears? They wouldn’t have a QB worth a damn, the talent would be worse, and they are still going 8-9 with no hope for the future.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

What would trading back accomplish for the Bears? They wouldn’t have a QB worth a damn, the talent would be worse, and they are still going 8-9 with no hope for the future.
Hate to break it to you, but they are going 8-9 no matter what. They are either going out there with AFD as QB 1 and a hole at WR or OT or with a trade up 4th or 5th best rookie QB and holes at both WR and OT.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the correct value is their first and their 2022 first or one of their 2 thirds in 2021 and a 4th or 5th.

I think I would do it.

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What do you think is more attractive for the Ravens: trade both 1s for a top rookie WR or offer those picks to CHI & get ARob + 2nd (net value for ARob = 18th ovrl) ?

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Trade I saw today in an article suggested that we offer the Ravens A-Rob for #27 and #31, which isn't a horrible trade - we could take a strong WR, strong OT and strong CB with those picks and our #20, or have more ammo to trade up for a top QB if one falls, Nagy likes that one, AND HE IS A GOOD VALUE. I suspect the Ravens would want a late round pick as well as A-Rob - they are getting a guy who has already had some of his prime years. But if we could pull off that trade, I'd like it.

However, the article then suggested that we offer Seattle #20, #27, #31, #1 and #2 next year and #1 in two years for Russell Wilson. 5 firsts and a second for one guy who is on the wrong side of 30? Sure, he's a great QB, but probably has 5 great years left in him, with some decline happening along the way, before he's ready to hang it up. Further, his cap hit for Seattle if traded before June 1 would be $39 million, leaving them unable to field a competitive team - they would have to cut and restructure about a third of the team to get under the cap. After June 1, there's some more play, but trading for R. Wilson is much harder than trading for Z. Wilson once he's in the league.

Or, we wait until next year, make it clear that we're interested in signing FA Wilson, and build a team that he would want to join, not strip the cupboard bare and then see if he's interested in slumming it in Chicago.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Ravens two firsts for Bears first, second and AntMill (would give him a 4th round value) would work. Maybe throw in a comp 6th pick.

Bears take a tackle at 27 and a QB at 31. ?‍♂️ You'd get first pick of the second tier guys and have him for 5 years. I just don't think the Bears have the juice to get one of the top 5. I'm convinced it's Mond or Mills. I'm also convinced they're not there at 52. But that's just one sheep's opinion.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Trade I saw today in an article suggested that we offer the Ravens A-Rob for #27 and #31, which isn't a horrible trade - we could take a strong WR, strong OT and strong CB with those picks and our #20, or have more ammo to trade up for a top QB if one falls, Nagy likes that one, AND HE IS A GOOD VALUE. I suspect the Ravens would want a late round pick as well as A-Rob - they are getting a guy who has already had some of his prime years. But if we could pull off that trade, I'd like it.

However, the article then suggested that we offer Seattle #20, #27, #31, #1 and #2 next year and #1 in two years for Russell Wilson. 5 firsts and a second for one guy who is on the wrong side of 30? Sure, he's a great QB, but probably has 5 great years left in him, with some decline happening along the way, before he's ready to hang it up. Further, his cap hit for Seattle if traded before June 1 would be $39 million, leaving them unable to field a competitive team - they would have to cut and restructure about a third of the team to get under the cap. After June 1, there's some more play, but trading for R. Wilson is much harder than trading for Z. Wilson once he's in the league.

Or, we wait until next year, make it clear that we're interested in signing FA Wilson, and build a team that he would want to join, not strip the cupboard bare and then see if he's interested in slumming it in Chicago.

A guy on the franchise tag and a fa in a year who wants approx 20 mil per year....for 2 firsts?

When did the Ravens hire Ryan Pace???

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What do you think is more attractive for the Ravens: trade both 1s for a top rookie WR or offer those picks to CHI & get ARob + 2nd (net value for ARob = 18th ovrl) ?
A rookie. They don’t have 100 million to pay Robinson

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hate to break it to you, but they are going 8-9 no matter what. They are either going out there with AFD as QB 1 and a hole at WR or OT or with a trade up 4th or 5th best rookie QB and holes at both WR and OT.
If the rookie is good they will make up for way more deficiencies than Andy Dalton and a better roster.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
A rookie. They don’t have 100 million to pay Robinson
Well now that Orlando Brown Jr. is gone actually do have the money. The spectre of the franchise tag or massive contract (Brown Jr. will get more money than Allen Robinson II) has been lifted. The Ravens just have to secure Lamar Jackson and they are kinda set.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well now that Orlando Brown Jr. is gone actually do have the money. The spectre of the franchise tag or massive contract (Brown Jr. will get more money than Allen Robinson II) has been lifted. The Ravens just have to secure Lamar Jackson and they are kinda set.

They traded Brown because they didn’t have the cap space to extend him.

They don’t have the cap space to extend Robinson.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They traded Brown because they didn’t have the cap space to extend him.

They don’t have the cap space to extend Robinson.
Oh they definitely have the space to extend Brown Jr., they just did not want to pay two left tackles. Also, if we are to believe what was reported in February it didn't matter to Orlando Brown Jr. what they paid him he wanted to play left tackle. I kind of doubt he would turn down left tackle money if it was offered to him, though.

I don't know what their plan is but if they want Robinson II they can certainly afford him. They've got twelve million in cap space right now and a projected eighty-one million next year, according to OTC. The idea that they will give the Bears two first round picks is the outlandish part. And also they sold Brown Jr. for less than he was worth, if there really was interest in Robinson II the Ravens should've offered Brown Jr. to the Bears who desperately need him.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't worry guys, it's not like Pace gets owned by every gm in the league in trades. I'm sure if he traded to Baltimore we get apt compensation

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

A top WR on rookie contract, no doubt