Trey Lance 2nd Pro Day

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears and Washington are not going to attend.

Not sure if that is something to be read into or not.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But, Bears already have their QB1, QB2, and QB3......

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Apparently, the 49ers requested for Lance to work with John Beck after they traded up to pick 3. John Beck was a backup QB with Shanahan as the QB coach in Washington several years ago and the 2 are pretty close. So, a lot of today's workout is going to be very specific things that the Niners asked Lance to work on with Beck.

Pretty big deal. But also worth noting is Beck has also worked with Justin Fields (and I believe Zach Wilson), but has NOT worked with Mac Jones.

I think Lance is more likely to be the pick at 3 than Fields, simply because of the stuff I've read about the NDSU offense. He apparently had a LOT of control there and made the OL adjustments. And their offense is a lot more NFL ready than Ohio St's. But I also think it's more acceptable for SF to keep Jimmy G if Lance is the pick. There won't be a ton of pressure to throw him in there Week 1 as a rookie. Fields, I think would be the opposite.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Greenberg has been adamant since the 49ers traded up to number 3 that they were taking Lance at 3. Not really sure why, he has never really said. I wonder if he is still pretty close with Lynch. Lynch was on his show regularly before he hired on with the 49ers. Maybe those two got together this winter and the QB discussion came up and Lynch was high on Lance. I really don't know, just an observation. I don't really follow Greeny much but can't remember him so hell bent on a draft pick before. I never thought much of Greeny as a draft guru which is why I find his draft prediction so intriguing. Almost as if he "does" have some inside info instead of just a hunch like most others do.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Apparently, the 49ers requested for Lance to work with John Beck after they traded up to pick 3. John Beck was a backup QB with Shanahan as the QB coach in Washington several years ago and the 2 are pretty close. So, a lot of today's workout is going to be very specific things that the Niners asked Lance to work on with Beck.

Pretty big deal. But also worth noting is Beck has also worked with Justin Fields (and I believe Zach Wilson), but has NOT worked with Mac Jones.

I think Lance is more likely to be the pick at 3 than Fields, simply because of the stuff I've read about the NDSU offense. He apparently had a LOT of control there and made the OL adjustments. And their offense is a lot more NFL ready than Ohio St's. But I also think it's more acceptable for SF to keep Jimmy G if Lance is the pick. There won't be a ton of pressure to throw him in there Week 1 as a rookie. Fields, I think would be the opposite.

Pace and Nagy were at Trey Lance’s first pro day.

John Beck is not even going to be there and neither are NDSU receivers since they are in season now.

Albert Breer reported he’s gonna be throwing to stationary receivers.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy were at Trey Lance’s first pro day.

John Beck is not even going to be there and neither are NDSU receivers since they are in season now.

The workout is going to be scripted. Part of that script was written by Beck with instruction from the 49ers.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The workout is going to be scripted. Part of that script was written by Beck with instruction from the 49ers.

I understand, was just repeating what I read for informational purposes.

Agree with you that Trey Lance makes a lot of sense IF the niners end up keeping Jimmy G. I think it’s a little crazy for the niners to give 3 first round picks for a guy they don’t deem ready to start day 1. But the niners have drafted well and are stacked so it allows them to take that shot and coach him up.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If teams needed a 2nd pro day to get a read on Trey Lance then they probably were never seriously looking at him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Mike Greenberg has been adamant since the 49ers traded up to number 3 that they were taking Lance at 3. Not really sure why, he has never really said. I wonder if he is still pretty close with Lynch. Lynch was on his show regularly before he hired on with the 49ers. Maybe those two got together this winter and the QB discussion came up and Lynch was high on Lance. I really don't know, just an observation. I don't really follow Greeny much but can't remember him so hell bent on a draft pick before. I never thought much of Greeny as a draft guru which is why I find his draft prediction so intriguing. Almost as if he "does" have some inside info instead of just a hunch like most others do.
He might be guessing but its the same guess I'd have. When I see guys like Chris Simms, who was literally like the best man at Kyle Shanahan's wedding, saying he thinks the 49ers are doing this or that I immediately suspect smokescreen. I also think some other teams have sussed this out too. Agents traffic information between front offices that they don't let slip to Schefter or Rapaport. I'm sure they do the same with disinformation too.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I seriously doubt Bears are gonna pick another one year wonder QB like they did with Mitch in the early rounds. But again, if it's for round 2, nothing would surprise me from the Bears, but Lance is such a raw case with a very limited resume.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I would be more interested to see if Lucky's 13 Pub in Fargo (location of Trey's 2nd pro day) has a reservation for Sidney 42 Man. Now THAT would be telling.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

That's cause Shanny told Nagy that he was taking Lance at the Fields 2nd pro day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah Graziano talked about this on Get Up this morning.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So the Bears are in play for him!

These would have a direct tie-in to Kevin White and Shaheen since those are the kind of receivers Pace provides, injury-prone or injured, you know, stationary.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He might be guessing but its the same guess I'd have. When I see guys like Chris Simms, who was literally like the best man at Kyle Shanahan's wedding, saying he thinks the 49ers are doing this or that I immediately suspect smokescreen. I also think some other teams have sussed this out too. Agents traffic information between front offices that they don't let slip to Schefter or Rapaport. I'm sure they do the same with disinformation too.

What does literally like the best man mean anyway? Was he his best man? Was he a groomsmen? Was he a really good friend and went with a plus one?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
As much as I feel that Lance is probably the 5th or 6th best QB option in this draft, if you are sitting at 20, you should be looking pretty hard at any QB prospect that could have any chance at falling, thinking is it worth making a move if that player gets to a certain spot.

Shame on the Bears for thinking they can skip any QB workout. WTF do they think they are going to do in 2022? Re-sign Dalton? All possibilities should be on the table especially guys that should sit a year (Lance, Trask, etc).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As much as I feel that Lance is probably the 5th or 6th best QB option in this draft, if you are sitting at 20, you should be looking pretty hard at any QB prospect that could have any chance at falling, thinking is it worth making a move if that player gets to a certain spot.

Shame on the Bears for thinking they can skip any QB workout. WTF do they think they are going to do in 2022? Re-sign Dalton? All possibilities should be on the table especially guys that should sit a year (Lance, Trask, etc).
They were at his first one.

I think some teams skipped this as it seems to be a 49ers private workout with how involved they are.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
So the Bears are in play for him!

These would have a direct tie-in to Kevin White and Shaheen since those are the kind of receivers Pace provides, injury-prone or injured, you know, stationary.
Pretty hard to read your comments when your signature picture keeps moving and getting my attention.