Troy Fumagalli wants to play for Bears

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He said at the senior bowl that the Bears was his be his perfect scenario. He is from Illinois but if Pace & Nagy think he can be a big playmaker go for it he gets compared to Jason Witten.

[video=youtube_share;Ij-aatDdBpQ]https://youtu.be/Ij-aatDdBpQ[/video]

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
If he can block and not just be a vertical threat then I'm down.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he is a end of the third or 4th rounder.......he is missing 1 of his fingers which may make some teams averse to drafting him even though he is fairly sure handed.

He is not an overly powerful blocker but he has decent enough technique.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Big Badger fan here. My daughter goes to UW. I attend a few games a year. He's no Jason Witten. I agree with Modo above. I would not use a 3rd or 4th on him.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't have a 3rd rounder to begin with. We have two 4th's though.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
He was a 2017 pre-season All American, picked as the #1 TE in college football (Sports Illustrated). He was hurt a lot of the year, and the emergence of Jonathan Taylor's stellar rushing made them even more run oriented than usual.

Fumagali would be a steal in the 4th round, and a solid pick in the 3rd round. Problem is Bears shouldn't dfaft a tight end. They already have a project in Shaheen which makes the free agent route for a tight end a smarter play.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he can block and not just be a vertical threat then I'm down.

If you want a blocker we can get Mike Gesicki from Penn State in the early parts of round 4.

Dallas Goedert if you want a dangerous passing weapon.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was a 2017 pre-season All American, picked as the #1 TE in college football (Sports Illustrated). He was hurt a lot of the year, and the emergence of Jonathan Taylor's stellar rushing made them even more run oriented than usual.

Fumagali would be a steal in the 4th round, and a solid pick in the 3rd round. Problem is Bears shouldn't dfaft a tight end. They already have a project in Shaheen which makes the free agent route for a tight end a smarter play.

It depends on what Matt Nagy & the Bears want to run. The system could require two tight ends and run a lot of two tight ends fronts.

Travis Kelce & Demetrius Harris both got a good amount of playing time with the Chiefs.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Another Wisconsin fan here. Watched his whole college career there. He's a good, sure-handed TE. He had a down year due to injuries last season but I think he can be a player that sticks in the league. That said, I wouldn't consider him until the 4th at least for us. He will likely go sooner.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
It depends on what Matt Nagy & the Bears want to run. The system could require two tight ends and run a lot of two tight ends fronts.

Travis Kelce & Demetrius Harris both got a good amount of playing time with the Chiefs.

Agreed, but do we want two projects in a two TE front? I love Fumagali, but Pace already shot his wad with Shaheen. Need a veteran.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you want a blocker we can get Mike Gesicki from Penn State in the early parts of round 4.

Dallas Goedert if you want a dangerous passing weapon.
Gesicki doesn't get out of the 2nd and he's certainly not a good blocker.

Goedert is my personal #1 TE, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go top 40.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I suppose since our best receiver, who also happened to be a tight end, got his leg turned into a folding chair, I wouldn’t be against bringing in another tight end with potential.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He is from Illinois but if Pace & Nagy think he can be a big playmaker go for it he gets compared to Jason Witten.

Dez, are you familiar with the term "non sequitur?"