CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The big throw he missed against Miller in the 1st, Dan Orlalavsky said he watched the play and thinks Miller cut the route short making it look like an over throw.

Miler did cut the route short. I saw it live at the game. As soon as Trubisky was about to throw, Miller was slowing down, probably because he was so wide open. Trubisky led him to where he thought he was going to keep running. This is all correctable overtime as they play more and more together. Like I said each time, Trubsiky is at least making the right read. Forgetting the overthrow, Trubisky has looked really good the last few weeks. Even after his interception, he led back in what should have been the game winning drive to Miller. After the fumble in overtime, he led them in the game winning field goal drive. That is what I like to see in a QB. Trubisky is going to be special.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
it's not exactly news. even greg jennings commented on miller quitting the route

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Miler did cut the route short. I saw it live at the game. As soon as Trubisky was about to throw, Miller was slowing down, probably because he was so wide open. Trubisky led him to where he thought he was going to keep running. This is all correctable overtime as they play more and more together. Like I said each time, Trubsiky is at least making the right read. Forgetting the overthrow, Trubisky has looked really good the last few weeks. Even after his interception, he led back in what should have been the game winning drive to Miller. After the fumble in overtime, he led them in the game winning field goal drive. That is what I like to see in a QB. Trubisky is going to be special.

A lot of people forget that I literally #calledit before the Bucs game that the lights would turn on. There were some slightly regressive moments in the Miami game but if he can continue to progress as he has in 6 of his last 8 quarters of play, I think the Bears have a franchise QB with legit ability.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of people forget that I literally #calledit before the Bucs game that the lights would turn on. There were some slightly regressive moments in the Miami game but if he can continue to progress as he has in 6 of his last 8 quarters of play, I think the Bears have a franchise QB with legit ability.

I can totally verify this post, not that HHM needs it. But as far as that 6 out of 8 quarters, definitively Trubisky came out a bit hot in the first set of downs. But I thought that our offensive line play was nothing short of atrocious in the first half of that Miami game. To their credit, the OL was spectacular in the second half.

The late Grimson also called it. I have heard all week of people trying to trade for Trubisky on their fantasy teams. Things have changed very radically in the perceptions of the general public.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I pretty much just enjoy dragging this out longer and longer, all the while having you trumpet how you don't care, while you copy and paste your thanks and fight vehemently to defend your stance. #nothingsaysdontcarelikethat #youshowedme

For someone that complains about the vortex and negs me for it you sure walking proudly into one right now.

Welcome to the darkside. You shall be called Darth Hypocrite!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
FYI - the OP has received a whopping 52 thanks thus far. I think this qualifies as a bang.

I was just lying about Trubisky, I still think he sucks. I just did it for the rep boost. Because rep is important.

Thanks.

PS. Just kidding.

Damnit he got us

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You mean like when people keep referencing 6 quarters as if he didn't play well at all at any point in any of the other games he played this year or last?

Think people reference 6 quarters because others say not to count last year because it was Fox.

But sure he has had other quarters he played well it so it is ann exaggeration.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can totally verify this post, not that HHM needs it. But as far as that 6 out of 8 quarters, definitively Trubisky came out a bit hot in the first set of downs. But I thought that our offensive line play was nothing short of atrocious in the first half of that Miami game. To their credit, the OL was spectacular in the second half.

The late Grimson also called it. I have heard all week of people trying to trade for Trubisky on their fantasy teams. Things have changed very radically in the perceptions of the general public.

To show you how much I hate Trubs, I drafted him in all my keeper leagues in the last round.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So did Danny Parkins the Friday before the game, coincidence?

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Not sure who you're referring to by "people". I know whenever I've said this, I've said "6 good quarters after 60 that were mostly mediocre to bad".

That's not quite what you said...

He's played 6 good quarters (4 against a high school level defense) after ~15 crap performances

You've said this.

Thing is, he hasn't had ~15 crap performances. Not even close.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep, thought the same thing. Shows my observational skills are meatballish. Would have thought Trubs has thrown 150passes less than 5yds.

It speaks to the nature of the current NFL. This "spread the field" approach seemingly every team is taking is allowing athletes to make plays after the catch.

I'd be interested in seeing the totality of these numbers vs say 10 years ago.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Will the script call for The Biscuit to become one of the best QB's of the League and a Face of the NFL? After all, talent doesn't matter. It's all about what the owners and TV execs want to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.