Wentz

Would have to think about, but Probably

Stafford
Goff
Watson
Baker

Trubisky/Dak/Darnold

Is this for one year?

Brady, Ben, Rivers and Brees are approaching the end. Newton’s shoulder is a mess. Rodgers has been injury prone lately and Wentz has already suffered two major injuries.

Stafford - give me a fucking break!
Baker - Not for me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we are talking about passing, it's not far off but I'd rate him higher overall.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He will be around #10 on this list next season.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the first QB taken in that draft and #2 overall I would say he is far from his expectations. I don't understand why he gets a bye saying he is still developing. He should be a top 10 QB by now this is not how a franchise QB should be playing. Needs to show me something this year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the first QB taken in that draft and #2 overall I would say he is far from his expectations. I don't understand why he gets a bye saying he is still developing. He should be a top 10 QB by now this is not how a franchise QB should be playing. Needs to show me something this year.

It's because he IS still developing. He played slightly over one season in college....he came in wildly inexperienced. Pace saw something in Trubsiky that made him willing to wait out his development. Don't blame the kid for where he was drafted....he didn't draft himself. The Bears did.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Easy killer. All Trubs really has to do is show consistent growth over the season. He doesn't need to show some big leap right out of the gate.

Trubs just needs to pick up where he left off last year and needs to continue the steady growth he shas shown under Nagy.
The main thing is that there continues to be evidence that he is getting better each week.

My man just wants to find reason to complain. I think Trubisky takes another step next year and we go back to the playoffs

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Easy killer. All Trubs really has to do is show consistent growth over the season. He doesn't need to show some big leap right out of the gate.

Trubs just needs to pick up where he left off last year and needs to continue the steady growth he shas shown under Nagy.
The main thing is that there continues to be evidence that he is getting better each week.

This.

Not this.

I think people need to temper their expectations. Everyone knew when he was drafted, that the biggest issue with Trubisky was his inexperience. We can re-visit all the "Pace should have drafted X!" shit if we really want to, but people do that enough on this forum. In fact, for grown ass men, some motherfuckers do it WAY too much.

You couple his inexperience, with the fact that he played under John Fox and Dowell Loggains in his first season, and you have what in all likelihood would be a complete train wreck. It wasn't. He made mistakes, he showed flashes, the offense completely sucked. His first season was underwhelming, but so are most QB's first seasons. Some saw promise, some could only see doom and gloom. Whatever.

If you came to the forums last year before the season and dropped his stats and the Bears record, people would have cheered. After the 2018 season, some still see promise, and some see doom and gloom. But what I saw was incremental growth. Not just for him, but for the other offensive playmakers and Coach Nagy. I'd love to see him come out of the gate in 2019 and just facefuck the opposing defenses. But I'm not expecting it. I'm expecting more growth. I'm expecting him to be more comfortable being a NFL QB. I'm expecting him to be more comfortable with his weapons, his coach, his grasp of the playbook, his ability to read defenses, etc. I'm expecting improvement all around. But just let it happen. Don't get all caught up on where he was drafted, who else was drafted in his same class. Let Nagy and Trubisky work.

Mitch has now started in 40 college/NFL games. 13 at UNC, 26 regular season games for the Bears, and 1 playoff game that none of us will ever forget. To put that in perspective, Deshaun Watson started in 35 games at Clemson. It takes time. Let it take time.

And then if he sucks at the end of 2019, we'll just guillotine the fucking kid and get a new one. The end.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's realistic and homeristic to want, nay demand top ten performance. And I love it. Good, realistic expectations in this thread. We all want, nay need this to work out.

I'm going to be optimistic for the remainder of the offseason. I'm going to just pretend that dear sweet Mitchell is going to be the best version of himself. I'm thinking Steve Young/Tony Romo style. Top 5 and a motherfucker to beat.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll be happy if mole eye is an average QB, with this D he could become the next Trent Dilfer, the worst QB ever to win a SB.

I hope Maserati Mitch becomes elite and leads the beloved to many championships.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
It's because he IS still developing. He played slightly over one season in college....he came in wildly inexperienced. Pace saw something in Trubsiky that made him willing to wait out his development. Don't blame the kid for where he was drafted....he didn't draft himself. The Bears did.
Right? It's not Kevin White's or Shea McClellin's fault they got drafted either, they're still developing!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trubisky has the potential to fall even further on this list.

giphy.gif

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The first QB taken and second overall is still developing? You missed my point that maybe he is a reach at #2 and he could have been had for less than we paid. As the number 2 player taken he should be top 10 at least and ready to take over for the Brady or Brees no more excuses get it done or get out

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In my opinion Dak is overrated. He only gets the attention cuz he is a cowboy
garbage o-line play in Dallas. Not Dak's fault.