tThabo or taj?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
I cant be the only person who is excited that we traded thabo for taj. Yeah Taj isn't a starter. he's not going to turn this team around, but he's a great hustle player that might work his way into the rotation.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Taj looks like David West. He can create his own shot in the 15 feet area. I like him a lot.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Chitown773 wrote:
Taj looks like David West. He can create his own shot in the 15 feet area. I like him a lot.

I don't see David West but through preseason he looks good, lets see if he can keep it up when we play real teams when they try.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My reasoning is as follows: given our current guard rotation (Rose, Hinrich, Salmons, Pargo, Byars?, and Hunter) and our forward rotation (Tyrus, Noah, Miller, Johnson, Gibson, Gray) I'm more worried about our guard rotation. Hunter and Byars (assuming he makes the team) aren't really going to play much. Pargo from what I've seen currently and previously is just not good enough to play lots of backup minutes unless he backs up Chris Paul :p Thus Thabo would probably better for taking the backup SG minutes and giving the rest of the backup PG minutes to Hinrich. Gibson is a nice player and I'm not disappointed that we have him, just given the roster I think we need more backcourt depth rather than frontcourt depth.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Taj Gibson is Joe Smith more than David West. I don't see all-star with this guy at this time.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hay. look at it this way, at least i have to see less of aaron grey. Sure we're deep at the guard position, but was thabo really a guard or a sf? he couldnt really dribble. his passing was adequate. he defense was okay, but he wasn't rodman. i dont see thabo getting too many minutes. Yeah we had gordon, salmons, hinrich, and rose on the roster last year, but eh we'd put in hunter before put in thabo last year. We were more comfortable with a rose hunter lineup than with thabo.

Honestly this team needs some damn offense. WIth westbrook and durant on the roster i can understand putting thabo in. With our team we need some1 who can shoot the ball/score. I believe thats the reason why we preferred hunter over thabo. This team that we have now with deng rose, and hinrich, i'd prefer a scorer who comes off the bench. Taj can score. He hustles. i like that.

pargo scares me a bit. I really would like a shooting guard on the roster. Is von wafer still out there? i dont mind seeing him come of the bench to absorb some minutes. As long as hunter doesnt see the light of day, and pargo doesnt get TOO many minutes.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I'll take Taj over Thabo right now and going forward. Both guys are backups to NBA caliber starters, but Gibson can give this Bulls team hustle and timely offense. Thabo on the other hand couldn't shoot, which made him a liability for the team's overall offensive attack.

Taj Gibson is a better fit, and it shouldn't be hard to find a backup shooting guard better than Thabo.