Tucker says he wants Bear D to be UNPREDICTABLE

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
Part of me thinks we are going to go Dee Ford and put him across from Michael Bennett or Peppers.

Emery wants a explosive speed rusher, it is why he drafted McClellin, I would not be shocked if he went back to that

That'd be awesome. It's not like this was the worst Bears defense in ages against the run or anything. Lets go back to drafting undersized edge rushers to watch them get blown 5 yards off the ball when they're forced to play on 1st/2nd down because the Bears have no legitimate DE's to speak of...

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Here is an excerpt from the suntimes that focuses on a quote each from Trestman, Emery and Tucker all seem important but the most important to me is the one from Tucker.

“It’s making sure we have a scheme that can utilize our players and bring the best out of them,” coach Marc Trestman told the site.
Defensive coordinator Mel Tucker — who, Emery said, the team wanted to surround with veteran assistants in his second year — said the Bears’ “pressure packages will fit our personnel and be dynamic enough where we can play to guys’ strengths and be unpredictable.”

An UNPREDICTABLE Bear defense is a breath of fresh air and something fans should be excited about.

The cover 2 is so bye bye except when they want to go into the Prevent the Win Defense.

anigif_enhanced-10366-1392675038-7.gif

RisWell

Liked Posts:
That shouldnt have handcuffed him. regardless its 4-3 , they can play man , zone, blitz at the coordinators will.

Tucker did blitz and switched up his coverage here and there. He was forced to play 2 rookie LB most the year, top 3 DT on the depth chart missed most of the year, 2 very undersized DE rotated with Peppers most of the year. Can you imagine trying to fool a offense with Wright, Conte and Bowman all starting in the secondary.

Tucker was already in a position to fail from the beginning.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tucker says he wants Bear D to be UNPREDICTABLE

Like giving up 400 yards running one week, and 400 through the air the next.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
That shouldnt have handcuffed him. regardless its 4-3 , they can play man , zone, blitz at the coordinators will.

Regularly blitzing to generate pressure in a Tampa 2 defense is a recipe for disaster. But by all means, keep bloviating on things you know nothing about.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yup,and he isn't unpredictable...lol

Yep, I was waiting for someone to make the joke, so who did he hire to call plays for him?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, I was waiting for someone to make the joke, so who did he hire to call plays for him?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2
He called those predictable plays all by himself..lol..The genius

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Regularly blitzing to generate pressure in a Tampa 2 defense is a recipe for disaster. But by all means, keep bloviating on things you know nothing about.

Indeed. It is frustrating to hear the same argument over and over again. Lovie since basically the drafting of Danieal Manning started to use Cover 1 and Cover 3 much more frequently and would start in a Cover 2 look at times and rotate into Cover 1 or Cover 3. Urlacher would make those calls based off what he saw the offense do. Anyone with any sort of football knowledge would know this. Unfortunately too many things went wrong at one time. Peppers got old, Melton got hurt, we had no pressure from the front 4, no one knew how to check out of certain coverages based off what they saw. All around it was a disaster. It wasn't one thing. That said Tucker has never shown any ability to run a NFL caliber defense. Keeping him around another year is a waste.