1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A second year player getting positive comments in camp... I'll be more happy about it week one. Pressure is what I want to see Scott perform in.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
You could tell last year that Scott had a lot going for him. A few critical mistakes in route running were costing him big time which isn't too unusual for a rookie, especially a 4th round rookie. Now there's no pressure on him whatsoever to have to carry the load and he's had a full NFL offseason to clean up those mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him really play well if one of the top 3 go down for any amount of time.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I liked Scott for where he was selected and still do… but man, can he stay on his feet? I feel every highlight is him catching and falling.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
A second year player getting positive comments in camp... I'll be more happy about it week one. Pressure is what I want to see Scott perform in.
The pressure is on, but thankfully for him the bar isn't very high. If this team stays clear of the injury bug, then I would presume he is going to hit around 20 catches for 250 yards (using Skyy Moore a an example of the fourth-most productive WR in a pass-heavy offense).

I am really interested in how this WR room shakes out after the top-3.

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:
It would be huge if he can develop a solid rapport with Caleb and become a strong #3 in 2025. Then you don’t worry about Keenan getting paid more somewhere else, and that money can go toward bolstering the trenches.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pressure is on, but thankfully for him the bar isn't very high. If this team stays clear of the injury bug, then I would presume he is going to hit around 20 catches for 250 yards (using Skyy Moore a an example of the fourth-most productive WR in a pass-heavy offense).

Think of it like this. Bears do only keep Allen for one year, then who will be the new slot? He proves he can elevate, it can be him and they can focus on drafting in the trenches next offseason. If Scott showed more last season, I think you are looking at him in the slot.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Think of it like this. Bears do only keep Allen for one year, then who will be the new slot? He proves he can elevate, it can be him and they can focus on drafting in the trenches next offseason. If Scott showed more last season, I think you are looking at him in the slot.
You know I want to draft those trenches! This team looks to have 4 picks in the top 100 in 2025 - OL and DL will turn this team from a potential winner/upset pick to a perennial winner!

But I think that a roster spot is more valuable than any rookie's salary - I say that because after 3 years of VJJ, he may be on the chopping block so that someone else get's his opportunities, too. And behind that is Pettis? Scott can have a good 2024 as a 4th WR and I still think this team is looking to add a talented WR to the mix.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

If Scott can get 30-35 catches this season as a 4th receiver, just imagine the numbers for the Big-3? Bears win their 2nd SB, again in NOLA. The stars are aligning....lol..

msadows

Liked Posts:
Unless there is an injury; he ain't getting 30-35 catches as about the 6th-8th option in the passing game
I could see him having a very high YPC and his yards being like 350, but dude is gonna get like 1-2 targets a game max.

They'll use him purely to stretch the field. I'm sure caleb will see him wide open unlike our prior guys, just gotta hope butterfingers doesnt drop it

greg23

Liked Posts:
8th option? Gtfo
Apparently you cant read either.....6th-8th

Moore
Allen
Odunze
Kmet
Swift

That's 5....barring injury they'll play way more, have more targets, reception + yards

Then it's everett, scott, Johnson .....

So to recap.....6th -8th

Need more help?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Unless there is an injury; he ain't getting 30-35 catches as about the 6th-8th option in the passing game

Eh, I think 30-35 catches is doable without anyone getting injured. With 17 games in a season now, you are only talking about averaging around 2 catches per game.

Last year, he had 32 targets and 17 catches. Say he gets one more target per game in 2024 and he catches it. Now you are right in that 30-35 catch range.

Having said that, with Odunze, Moore, and Allen...I can also easily see Scott only getting around 20-25 catches too.